Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John McGreal 11:50 - Apr 15 with 1462 viewsDavidMcGoldrought

Is he being lined up for a role at the club?
John McGreal on 12:17 - Apr 15 with 1362 viewschrismakin

potential assistant manager

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

John McGreal on 12:23 - Apr 15 with 1311 viewswkj

I think he'll end up taking on a permanent job as manager somewhere. Colchester's slide since he left is no coincidence.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

John McGreal on 12:25 - Apr 15 with 1284 viewsDavidMcGoldrought

John McGreal on 12:17 - Apr 15 by chrismakin

potential assistant manager

Interesting.... If we cannot get Richardson in (which Phil said is looking increasingly unlikely) he would be a good option.
John McGreal on 12:41 - Apr 15 with 1162 viewsArnieM

John McGreal on 12:25 - Apr 15 by DavidMcGoldrought

Interesting.... If we cannot get Richardson in (which Phil said is looking increasingly unlikely) he would be a good option.

So what's happened to the previous suggestion re Dyer then? Seemed to everyone's favourite for senior coaching role ( Not mine, I might add)

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

John McGreal on 12:43 - Apr 15 with 1144 viewswkj

John McGreal on 12:41 - Apr 15 by ArnieM

So what's happened to the previous suggestion re Dyer then? Seemed to everyone's favourite for senior coaching role ( Not mine, I might add)

He's spending a lot of time with Cook, and Cook likes bringing young coaching talent theough - so I wouldn't be shocked if KD becomes Cook's ast man

John McGreal on 12:44 - Apr 15 with 1124 viewsrayman_10

Just read about his career in coaching. Seemed to do well with Colchester’s unders before being given the manager role. According to his managerial style on Wikipedia (brilliant source I know) it reads:
‘McGreal has a reputation for playing "attacking, free-flowing" football with a "fluid 4—2—3—1 system". He is able to work alongside a director of football or head of recruitment and work with and develop a young squad’.

Same system as Paul Cook prefers so could be a match made in heaven? Both scousers too and at least it’s someone who knows the club and understands it. If Leam Richardson is Cooke’s first choice I hope we get him but I won’t be disappointed if McGreal is his second choice.

COYB

John McGreal on 12:49 - Apr 15 with 1068 viewsArnieM

John McGreal on 12:43 - Apr 15 by wkj

He's spending a lot of time with Cook, and Cook likes bringing young coaching talent theough - so I wouldn't be shocked if KD becomes Cook's ast man

I did wonder that myself tbh wkj.

He's definitely been in and around the First team a lot more of late. Time will tell and as many have said , at least KD IS passionate about this Club and does appear to have some attributes .

I just personally feel he should be doing his apprenticeship at lower levels to start with. (Unless he is of course, exceptional now )

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

John McGreal on 12:52 - Apr 15 with 1019 viewswkj

John McGreal on 12:49 - Apr 15 by ArnieM

I did wonder that myself tbh wkj.

He's definitely been in and around the First team a lot more of late. Time will tell and as many have said , at least KD IS passionate about this Club and does appear to have some attributes .

I just personally feel he should be doing his apprenticeship at lower levels to start with. (Unless he is of course, exceptional now )

I think he's earned a lot of respect for his work in the youth setup. He's comes across really well spoken and passionate now, vs a bit of a 'lad' in his playing day. I think his experience in the youth setup is enough of a CV to see him in as a #2

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024