Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the ESL clubs think they can leave and stay? 17:16 - Apr 19 with 967 viewsStokieBlue

Saw the Man Utd statement that because it was midweek they could continue in the PL and it seems the other clubs think this as well:

"The ESL said the founding clubs had agreed to establish a "new midweek competition" with teams continuing to "compete in their respective national leagues"."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56795811

Seems fairly easy to just tell them they won't be allowed to play in their domestic leagues if they go through with it. Damage is already done though, even if it falls apart now fans have seen how greedy they can actually be.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So the ESL clubs think they can leave and stay? on 17:19 - Apr 19 with 927 viewsJ2BLUE

They'll throw a few crumbs and they'll be allowed to stay.

If the pushback remains I suspect they'll try and buy 20 more clubs off with super league 2 to replace the europa league.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So the ESL clubs think they can leave and stay? on 17:25 - Apr 19 with 883 viewsHipsterectomy

I do wonder if this would have happened had we had 70,000 fans in OT, 60,000 in the Emirates etc all voicing their disapproval

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

So the ESL clubs think they can leave and stay? on 17:27 - Apr 19 with 865 viewsHARRY10

Regular midweek games in Europe will be beyond the pocket of most fans, so it will be games in front of home fans only.
So the ESL clubs think they can leave and stay? on 17:29 - Apr 19 with 851 viewsvapour_trail

So the ESL clubs think they can leave and stay? on 17:25 - Apr 19 by Hipsterectomy

I do wonder if this would have happened had we had 70,000 fans in OT, 60,000 in the Emirates etc all voicing their disapproval

Of course it would. The fans are just a minor nuisance.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

So the ESL clubs think they can leave and stay? on 17:34 - Apr 19 with 833 viewsgiant_stow

So the ESL clubs think they can leave and stay? on 17:29 - Apr 19 by vapour_trail

Of course it would. The fans are just a minor nuisance.

[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 17:35]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So the ESL clubs think they can leave and stay? on 17:36 - Apr 19 with 811 viewsHipsterectomy

So the ESL clubs think they can leave and stay? on 17:34 - Apr 19 by giant_stow

Are you going to put a bet on Norwich winning the league next year?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

So the ESL clubs think they can leave and stay? on 17:38 - Apr 19 with 806 viewsgiant_stow

So the ESL clubs think they can leave and stay? on 17:36 - Apr 19 by Hipsterectomy

Are you going to put a bet on Norwich winning the league next year?

Already have before this.

I don't bet, but it certainly opens things up hey?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So the ESL clubs think they can leave and stay? on 19:25 - Apr 19 with 622 viewsGuthrum

So the ESL clubs think they can leave and stay? on 17:34 - Apr 19 by giant_stow

That's because TV and sponsorship money far outweighs income from the fans.

Except that the TV money comes from fans buying subscriptions ...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024