Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One wonders 09:32 - Apr 20 with 248 viewsGuthrum

if the support for the ESL among England's traditional "top six" is partly inspired by other teams beginning to threaten their monopoly on the Champions League and Europa League places in the Prem in recent seasons? Leicester, Wolves, West Ham, Everton and a few others.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One wonders on 09:45 - Apr 20 with 187 viewsRegencyBlue

Quite possibly!

It does all seem to be about protecting their revenue stream. Failing to qualify for the Champions League costs one of these clubs millions and this way their extra revenue is guaranteed.

I think the football authorities can stop this if they really want to but my worry is that there are mind boggling sums of money involved and FIFA, in particular, have been bought before!

One wonders on 09:47 - Apr 20 with 175 viewsEwan_Oozami

American owners - they're very used to closed shop leagues...

Am viewing TWTD in Table Mode on this browser so apologies if replying to a completely different post to the one I intended. Pronouns: ho/hum
Poll: Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not?

One wonders on 09:47 - Apr 20 with 176 viewsJ2BLUE

Well duh!

Why are we swallowing this big six nonsense? Very recently it was the big four. Then City had a fortune thrown at them and on a few titles. Fair enough, they are in. Spurs? Spurs finished second to Leicester and built a new stadium..big six? Certainly not on the field.

Poll: Would you vote Labour to avoid a Boris led government?

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021