Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whereabouts does ‘the north’ become ‘the north?’ 21:54 - Apr 21 with 5519 viewsBlueastheycome

After reading the thread on Northern based ITFC fans..it got me thinking

It has to be anything in line with Chesterfield doesn’t it? Purely because Sheffield is just 12 miles north of Chesterfield and Sheffield is traditionally considered ‘up north’
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 21:55]
Whereabouts does ‘the north’ become ‘the north?’ on 22:36 - Apr 22 with 508 viewsLord_Lucan

Stafford

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Whereabouts does ‘the north’ become ‘the north?’ on 22:49 - Apr 22 with 492 viewsThe_Major

Whereabouts does ‘the north’ become ‘the north?’ on 06:41 - Apr 23 with 434 viewsBlueBoots

Just draw a straight line from the southern point of Anglesey to the northern point of The Wash...

Your border towns are Newark in the East and Crewe (which is pretty much rubber stamped by the UK rail network) in the West.

Anyone living North of that line who doesn't think they are a Northerner is probably posh or a snob (e.g. Cheshire money) and anyone living South of that line that claims they are a Northerner are probably embarrassed about being from the Midlands...

You're welcome...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Whereabouts does ‘the north’ become ‘the north?’ on 08:13 - Apr 23 with 401 viewspoppiesman

One of my best friends comes from Chesterfield , and she considers herself to be Northern, certainly compared to me coming from Ipswich! She definitely has a Northern' accent. So yes I would say Chesterfield upwards is Northern.
Whereabouts does ‘the north’ become ‘the north?’ on 08:18 - Apr 23 with 400 viewsGlasgowBlue

Brighton.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Whereabouts does ‘the north’ become ‘the north?’ on 08:47 - Apr 23 with 386 viewsMJallday

Whereabouts does ‘the north’ become ‘the north?’ on 08:18 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

Brighton.

Birmingham

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024