Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Campaign getting organised to improve footie governance 07:08 - Apr 25 with 544 viewsbluelagos

"We call on the Government to legislate to require all English clubs to secure a 51% majority of their registered season ticket holders on any major decision that fundamentally affects the club’s identity or future"

https://reclaimourgame.com/

Maybe someone at the various supporters groups can give an opinion / lend support :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Campaign getting organised to improve footie governance on 10:25 - Apr 25 with 465 viewsOldsmoker

The 'money' model in English football seems ever pervasive.
I don't hear anyone in English football lauding the German model of fan ownership.
I can only think of AFC Wimbledon as an example of a successful fan-owned club and they had to resurrect their Club after the MK Dons theft of the original club.
This would be a step in the right direction of involving fans in the running of the clubs.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Campaign getting organised to improve footie governance on 11:27 - Apr 25 with 426 viewsDarth_Koont

Might be a political lever to get the Premier League, EFL and above all the FA to take more responsibility for the greater good and not the interests of clubs and individuals.

But the 50+1 rule in Germany has a completely different origin and they’ve always been about club member ownership (going from 100% member-owned to 51% as a way of bringing in the investment needed to compete in the European market). There’s no way UK clubs are going to give up their voting rights – and a buy back of shares will be prohibitive given the many hundreds of millions (and billions overall) that might involve.

Pronouns: He/Him

Campaign getting organised to improve footie governance on 15:54 - Apr 25 with 390 viewsbluelagos

Campaign getting organised to improve footie governance on 11:27 - Apr 25 by Darth_Koont

Might be a political lever to get the Premier League, EFL and above all the FA to take more responsibility for the greater good and not the interests of clubs and individuals.

But the 50+1 rule in Germany has a completely different origin and they’ve always been about club member ownership (going from 100% member-owned to 51% as a way of bringing in the investment needed to compete in the European market). There’s no way UK clubs are going to give up their voting rights – and a buy back of shares will be prohibitive given the many hundreds of millions (and billions overall) that might involve.

Which isn't what is being suggested. The idea is a sort of hybrid - whereby supporters effectively have a veto on major decisions (like the ones we saw last week)

Would scare off those who see football solely as a means to making money, wouldn't be an issue for responsible owners who want a club to do well in line with the fans wishes.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Campaign getting organised to improve footie governance on 16:14 - Apr 25 with 371 viewsWD19

“free season tickets for the next 3 years if this reform goes ahead”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024