Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd keep..... 00:13 - May 14 with 1031 viewsBlueBertie

..... Downes, Dozzell, Woolfenden, Lankester, Dobra, Bishop and Kenlock as squad players, keep Norwood. All bar the latter will be on relatively low wages. Oh and KVY. Their stock can't be any lower than it is now so can hopefully only increase. I suspect (and hope) the rumours about Cook saying they can all go is to give them a choice to shape up or ship out. IMHO all these would have more to offer than they have to date if not injured and surrounded by some quality signings.
I'd keep..... on 00:17 - May 14 with 1013 viewsITFC_96

"I suspect (and hope) the rumours about Cook saying they can all go is to give them a choice to shape up or ship out."

Think you're going to be in for a shock when they all leave. The sort of language the article mentions sounds pretty final to me, and the players aren't going to want to stick around after hearing it.
I'd keep..... on 00:36 - May 14 with 966 viewsBlueBertie

I'd keep..... on 00:17 - May 14 by ITFC_96

"I suspect (and hope) the rumours about Cook saying they can all go is to give them a choice to shape up or ship out."

Think you're going to be in for a shock when they all leave. The sort of language the article mentions sounds pretty final to me, and the players aren't going to want to stick around after hearing it.

Apologies if already referenced ITFC_96 but which article? There seems to be so many. Thanks.
I'd keep..... on 06:08 - May 14 with 853 viewsArnieM

I think we have become so used to this standard of player ( believing it to be adequate..... and even convincing ourselves these players are very good ), that we’ve lost sight of what a good player is actually like! This squad is and has been woeful , for years. We are SO far below the standard required to compete in the Championship..... or even get out of this division , that it’s shocking just how far the playing staff have fallen in capability. Yet for some reason we all have it in our heads that some of this squad would be good enough to play the high tempo attacking game that Cooks teams play . These players are not good enough. Plus, the owners are looking WAY beyond just getting out of this division.

The changes now happening at this Club is nothing short of revolutionary . The now redundant squad knew they were not in the owners vision for the future and downed tools, if not consciously certainly subconsciously. Out of the players listed in the OP I would say only Downes has any real quality - the rest will struggle to hold down a regular first team place IMO due to significant weaknesses in their individual games.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I'd keep..... on 07:00 - May 14 with 797 viewspowinswitch

I’m disappointed about Downes and Dobra, and from those released Nydam. But if Downes wants to go , then i understand that one. I see a technically very good player in Dozzell, but his physicality is poor, and restricts his effectiveness. How many goals has he scored, and how many assists does he have. I don’t think he has dominated games. So whilst a gifted player, I don’t see him as a good footballer, because his ability is simply undermined by the fact opponents ease him off the ball.
I'd keep..... on 08:19 - May 14 with 707 viewsGuthrum

With a squad limit of twenty players aged 21 or over (which is all of those bar Dobra), we haven't the leeway to keep loads of "cover".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I'd keep..... on 08:20 - May 14 with 700 viewsHerbivore

I'd keep..... on 07:00 - May 14 by powinswitch

I’m disappointed about Downes and Dobra, and from those released Nydam. But if Downes wants to go , then i understand that one. I see a technically very good player in Dozzell, but his physicality is poor, and restricts his effectiveness. How many goals has he scored, and how many assists does he have. I don’t think he has dominated games. So whilst a gifted player, I don’t see him as a good footballer, because his ability is simply undermined by the fact opponents ease him off the ball.

Then get him in the gym over the summer and next season partner him with someone more physical than Teddy Bishop, surely?

This isn't aimed at you as your post is very reasonable, but some of the revisionism going on about our young players in recent times is really quite something to behold. The idea that they are all rubbish and always have been doesn't stand up to any real scrutiny, but if people need to believe that to fully embrace the project that the new owners and Cook are undertaking then fair enough. I just wish they wouldn't expect everyone to agree with them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'd keep..... on 10:34 - May 14 with 570 viewsBlueBertie

I'd keep..... on 08:19 - May 14 by Guthrum

With a squad limit of twenty players aged 21 or over (which is all of those bar Dobra), we haven't the leeway to keep loads of "cover".

Good point.
I'd keep..... on 10:39 - May 14 with 552 viewsBlueBertie

I'd keep..... on 06:08 - May 14 by ArnieM

I think we have become so used to this standard of player ( believing it to be adequate..... and even convincing ourselves these players are very good ), that we’ve lost sight of what a good player is actually like! This squad is and has been woeful , for years. We are SO far below the standard required to compete in the Championship..... or even get out of this division , that it’s shocking just how far the playing staff have fallen in capability. Yet for some reason we all have it in our heads that some of this squad would be good enough to play the high tempo attacking game that Cooks teams play . These players are not good enough. Plus, the owners are looking WAY beyond just getting out of this division.

The changes now happening at this Club is nothing short of revolutionary . The now redundant squad knew they were not in the owners vision for the future and downed tools, if not consciously certainly subconsciously. Out of the players listed in the OP I would say only Downes has any real quality - the rest will struggle to hold down a regular first team place IMO due to significant weaknesses in their individual games.

You are sadly right I feel but having 6 or 7 quality players around them they might flourish a bit more, after all everyone last season were on the whole rubbish, not just those I mentioned originally. 😏
Login to get fewer ads

I'd keep..... on 10:42 - May 14 with 536 viewspositivity

in an ideal world we'd keep them all in the hope/expectation that they'd develop and/or thrive at a higher level, but the squad size is a massive problem in terms of being competitive.

selling them seems a risk, but struggling to find a solution, maybe we could loan some out?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

I'd keep..... on 10:54 - May 14 with 498 viewsBlueBertie

I'd keep..... on 06:08 - May 14 by ArnieM

Would those players in question not be able to do a job at the very least in Div 3 if surrounded by incoming higher quality signings. Priority is to get out of this league. Judging by how close we were to playoffs having been pants for most of this season, it shouldn't take a massive amount more to be in the mix come the end of this next campaign. Keeping these players mentioned would involve a relatively small amount of money I'd imagine and in turn this would free up more dosh for new players?
I'd keep..... on 10:59 - May 14 with 478 viewsDarth_Koont

I'd keep..... on 00:17 - May 14 by ITFC_96

People need to read past the headline. The article totally avoids addressing the context of how this was said, something Watson himself admits separately in a tweet that says there may be mind games/sending out a message.

Did Cook say “You need to find a new club because I’m not going to play you” to the vast majority of players? Or did he say, “If you don’t want to be here, you need to find a new club”?

Massive difference and I’m guessing Cook may well have said both (and even a mix of both) depending on the individual.

Pronouns: He/Him

I'd keep..... on 11:05 - May 14 with 464 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't think any off those would just be cover. All have played big parts in a team that wasn't far off a PO place, and earlier in the season was playing very well. All would be quality squad players at this level imo that you could rotate in without particulalrly weakening the team.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024