Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? 17:40 - Jun 8 with 2035 viewswkj

I know this has been public domain news for a while, but one of the most gutting moments to see.

Always loved Rob's voice a FPR, he was as much a part of the match day experience as any player we had during his tenure.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 17:44 - Jun 8 with 1958 viewstivo

Always had a really clear voice on the mic... whomever they got in to do it at times last season they might as well of not bothered.
Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 17:49 - Jun 8 with 1902 viewsbrazil1982

One of the best imo
Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 18:00 - Jun 8 with 1835 viewsMerseyBlue

Big shoes to fill, he will be missed but I hope he gets to enjoy his time as a season ticket holder.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 18:09 - Jun 8 with 1776 viewsDublinBlue84

In reality he's been finished up for a while.

Whilst Stephen Foster is a great radio presenter, I've never warmed to him as an announcer at Portman Road to be honest. He comes across a little too formal and serious sounding, whereas Rob tends to have a better voice and delivery style that I think suited it better.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 18:30 - Jun 8 with 1648 viewsEwan_Oozami

Yep, he always seem to get the right tone, whatever the occasion - very rare skill in stadium announcers in my experience....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 18:37 - Jun 8 with 1615 viewsBluespeed225

Not Foz, please dear God. I saw him in the East Ocean recently complaing his takeaway rice was not warm enough last time. It was like a Partridge scene in real life. Not exactly 'dynamic'. Get Bob Strong in. Wolves fan i know, but hes been around here long enough!
Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 18:38 - Jun 8 with 1607 viewsBLUEBEAT

A shame but it’s been a while

Love the fact that he’s a true fan and often sailed close to the line with his comments over the PA

Dodgy syrup, mind!

Poll: W or W

Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 18:38 - Jun 8 with 1604 viewsPhilTWTD

Indeed, will speak to Rob and will do something.
Login to get fewer ads

Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 18:40 - Jun 8 with 1583 viewsHipsterectomy

can the club not hire megaphone man?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 18:45 - Jun 8 with 1526 viewsEwan_Oozami

Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 18:40 - Jun 8 by Hipsterectomy

can the club not hire megaphone man?

I think the PA is on Ashton's list of improvements so why not?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 18:52 - Jun 8 with 1459 viewsdominiciawful

Will be difficult to adjust to football matches at Portman Road without him on the mic.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 18:53 - Jun 8 with 1454 viewsEastTownBlue

Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 18:37 - Jun 8 by Bluespeed225

Not Foz, please dear God. I saw him in the East Ocean recently complaing his takeaway rice was not warm enough last time. It was like a Partridge scene in real life. Not exactly 'dynamic'. Get Bob Strong in. Wolves fan i know, but hes been around here long enough!

Rob cannot be replaced. Anyone but Wayne Bavin please.
Never mind that, a 'thank you Rob' thread that can forwarded on. (n/t) on 19:01 - Jun 8 with 1422 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Never mind that, a 'thank you Rob' thread that can forwarded on. (n/t) on 19:04 - Jun 8 with 1410 viewsPhilTWTD

Never mind that, a 'thank you Rob' thread that can forwarded on. (n/t) on 19:01 - Jun 8 by BlueBadger

You start it and I'll sticky it.
Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 19:33 - Jun 8 with 1264 viewsDublinBlue84

Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 18:53 - Jun 8 by EastTownBlue

Rob cannot be replaced. Anyone but Wayne Bavin please.

Quite. When he stood in he gave me the impression he had no idea how he actually sounded in the ground. It was difficult to make out what he was saying because of how loud he was which just muffled the sound.

On another topic entirely, did Rob ever find Steve Finch?

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Never mind that, a 'thank you Rob' thread that can forwarded on. (n/t) on 19:36 - Jun 8 with 1248 viewsBlueBadger

Never mind that, a 'thank you Rob' thread that can forwarded on. (n/t) on 19:04 - Jun 8 by PhilTWTD

You start it and I'll sticky it.

Done.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 19:41 - Jun 8 with 1223 viewsBlueBadger

The Official TWTD 'Thank you Rob Chandler' thread. by BlueBadger 8 Jun 2021 19:35
Phil has very kindly said he will pass this on.

Long term stadium announcer Rob Chandler has officially announced his departure from Portman Road, so please, leave your messages to say 'thank you'.

It would be nice if we could keep the comments positive please - the old saying of if you have nothing nice to say... would be appropriate here - it is the very least he deserves.

I'm by no means a PR regular attendee but he was always an important part of the matchday experience and one of life's rare constants, be it anouncing the line ups to the sly digs the announcing Norwich scores it will not be the same at PR.

Good luck to Rob in whatever you're doing next.

Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 19:54 - Jun 8 with 1173 viewswkj

Rob Chandler officially steps down - Maybe worthy a news story phil? on 18:38 - Jun 8 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, will speak to Rob and will do something.

I could take all the comments and put it on a high res photograph if you have anything of rob that would be striking. And send it to him as a thank you gift of sorts
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 19:56]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024