Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guide to Dartford on Saturday 18:18 - Jul 6 with 1416 viewsBexleyBlue

So as a relative local, who has been to Princes Park a fair few times I thought I’d put a few things down to help out. If there’s something you’d like me to add I’ll try.

Obviously a lot of this might be different due to COVID, I’ve put a * by bits that I think might be.

GETTING THERE (PUBLIC TRANSPORT)
The nearest station is Dartford and there are pretty regular trains from London (8 an hour I think). The walk to the ground is about 15-20 mins.

GETTING THERE (CAR)
The best places to park are probably in the residential roads near the cricket ground or Ivy Leaf pub. Both are about 5-10 mins walk away.

PUBS*
I’ve not been drinking in Dartford in COVID times. Personally I recommend the Malt Shovel with the Ivy Leaf as a second choice, but I’m not sure on the COVID situation (the MS is a bit small so might struggle at the mo). Whilst it’s harsh to call Dartford Town Centre a dump the nearby Bluewater has had a huge effect on it and unless you’re a Wetherspoons person I wouldn’t bother looking for pubs there to be honest. It’s ok but not worth the detour really. In “usual” times I’d probably recommend the bar in the ground*, which although very busy is pretty good but again no real idea on the capacity there.

WALKING THERE
The ground is near a junction. There’s a sign visible from the road but that’s a little misleading as you need to go down a little road for 150 yards or so I guess, past a David Lloyd, and then up a road to the left.

THE GROUND
The ground is 10 years old and, considering their level, really nice with good facilities. There are 300-400* (I guess) seats. I’m assuming there’ll be no segregation as I’ve only seen that twice in specific circumstances so you’ll be able to go behind the goal Town are attacking each half. As I said the bar is nice if available, there used to be a standard burger etc bit*.

THEIR TEAM
They’ve had a 3 year spell in National League about a decade ago but basically they’re a good National League South outfit who did well in the suspended season last year so would hope to be in the hunt for promotion again. Personally I hope a few of our kids impress and may be get a loan to the Darts in real “man’s league” - they’d learn a lot.

RANDOM
They play footgolf on the same complex*. No idea if the course is available on Saturday!

It should be a great day to see our new signings. COYB.
Guide to Dartford on Saturday on 19:17 - Jul 6 with 1300 viewsMarinerspumaboots

Cheers Bexley👍⚽️🍻
Guide to Dartford on Saturday on 19:18 - Jul 6 with 1294 viewsStenvict

Missed these type of posts. It's been too long since an away day. Look forward to Saturday.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Guide to Dartford on Saturday on 20:12 - Jul 6 with 1229 viewsFPL_Tractor

Guide to Dartford on Saturday on 19:18 - Jul 6 by Stenvict

Missed these type of posts. It's been too long since an away day. Look forward to Saturday.

Yeah i enjoyed just the idea we'll be there!

I've been to Dartford a few times. The Jug is a pretty decent microbrewery if that's your thing. Right end of town for the ground.

If you walk from town the quickest way is through the park (Central Park) i'd say.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Guide to Dartford on Saturday on 08:52 - Jul 9 with 1014 viewsBexleyBlue

Thought i'd give this a bump as people are probably thinking about tomorrow that bit more now.
Guide to Dartford on Saturday on 06:25 - Jul 10 with 889 viewsBexleyBlue

Guide to Dartford on Saturday on 08:52 - Jul 9 by BexleyBlue

Thought i'd give this a bump as people are probably thinking about tomorrow that bit more now.

One last GAMEDAY bump. I loved writing gameday there, felt a bit artificial with no one going but today we are!
Guide to Dartford on Saturday on 09:17 - Jul 10 with 797 viewsBromleyBloo

Guide to Dartford on Saturday on 06:25 - Jul 10 by BexleyBlue

One last GAMEDAY bump. I loved writing gameday there, felt a bit artificial with no one going but today we are!

Cheers! Will be there - heading for the Jug..............
Guide to Dartford on Saturday on 11:32 - Jul 10 with 732 viewsWallingford_Boy

Guide to Dartford on Saturday on 09:17 - Jul 10 by BromleyBloo

Cheers! Will be there - heading for the Jug..............

There now

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024