Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Paul Mariner 07:23 - Jul 10 with 7011 viewsitfcjoe

RIP to ITFC's greatest ever number 9 - a true legend of the club.

Edited thread to confirm now club have tweeted it.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 8:11]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 07:34 - Jul 10 with 4241 viewschicoazul

Oh nooooooo

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 07:42 - Jul 10 with 4149 viewsFPL_Tractor

Fingers crossed he’s mistaken.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 07:47 - Jul 10 with 4095 viewsle2blue

RIP PM, my all-time favourite player and a top top bloke.
Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 07:49 - Jul 10 with 4066 viewsElderGrizzly

He wasn’t very well after brain surgery last year was he?

As you say, hopefully mistaken but people don’t tend to tweet their friends die without being sure
Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 07:49 - Jul 10 with 4059 viewsgarygboltonblue

So hope not , my favourite player of all time.
Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 07:50 - Jul 10 with 4054 viewsitfcjoe

Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 07:49 - Jul 10 by ElderGrizzly

He wasn’t very well after brain surgery last year was he?

As you say, hopefully mistaken but people don’t tend to tweet their friends die without being sure

Nope, and I think a couple on here will be aware that he was not in a good place at all in recent weeks - very unlikely to be false but guess a case of just not wanting it to be true

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 07:50 - Jul 10 with 4036 viewslevelneville

That's very very sad news...surely Gordon Hill would not post that if untrue.
Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 07:52 - Jul 10 with 4002 viewspowinswitch

A true club legend. Rest in peace
Login to get fewer ads

Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 08:01 - Jul 10 with 3859 viewsITFC_Forever

I’d heard he’s been extremely ill for a little while ago, and last weekend probably only had a few days left.

RIP PM. My first ever favourite player.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 08:04 - Jul 10 with 3797 viewsvapour_trail

Oh no, terrible news, he was my favourite player when I was a boy.

Thanks for the memories PM.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 08:04 - Jul 10 with 3801 viewsPlums

Oh gosh, That is very sad.
Now confirmed. One of my early football heroes. RIP Paul.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 08:06 - Jul 10 with 3760 viewsKieran_Knows

Incredibly sad news.

R.I.P Paul Mariner.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 08:07 - Jul 10 with 3727 viewsDeano69

Devastated. My favourite of all time. RIP

ITFC have also confirmed now
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 8:08]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 08:08 - Jul 10 with 3719 viewsITFC_Forever

ITFC and the FA have both tweeted to confirm it.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 08:11 - Jul 10 with 3623 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Rest in Peace Paul Mariner.

Thankyou for some fantastic memories.

I'll leave this here.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 08:13 - Jul 10 with 3576 viewsCornishMariner

Very sad news for his family. For those of us old enough to remember the early 80s he was a huge part of the Robson years and England too. Mr reliable in front of goal. It seems like yesterday that he was sharing his thoughts on the matches with Plymouth.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

RIP Paul Mariner on 08:13 - Jul 10 with 3564 viewsFixed_It

Such sad news. A great footballer and a lovely man - a true ITFC (and England) legend. One of my all time favourite players. RIP PM.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

RIP Paul Mariner on 08:14 - Jul 10 with 3526 viewsDanTheMan

Awful news. Thoughts with his friends and family. RIP.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 08:15 - Jul 10 with 3500 viewsBluespeed225

Just seen a post about this. One of our hero’s from that glorious time. If I wasn’t energised enough for tommorow I now want it more for him and Bobby. RIP legend.
RIP Paul Mariner on 08:15 - Jul 10 with 3485 viewsPJH

That is terrible news, so sad.

RIP PM a truly wonderful player for ITFC.
RIP Paul Mariner on 08:15 - Jul 10 with 3487 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

RIP Paul Mariner on 08:18 - Jul 10 with 3428 viewsGlasgowBlue

I was devastated to see you post this on Twitter earlier Joe. Now confirmed.

I remember his home debut like it was yesterday. My favourite player as a teenager.

Paul Mariner. I’d walk a million miles for one of his goals. Paul Mariner.

R.I.P. LEGEND.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

RIP Paul Mariner on 08:19 - Jul 10 with 3392 viewsThai_Blue

Sad news. RIP true Ipswich Town legend. My thoughts go out to his family. I'd walk a million miles for one of your goals
Gordon Hill has tweeted that Paul Mariner has passed away on 08:19 - Jul 10 with 3392 viewsChurchman

Oh dear, rest in peace PM.

Paul Mariner was my favourite ITFC player. If he wasn’t the best player I saw in an Ipswich shirt he was certainly close.

Skilful, good on the ground, good in the air, quite fast and being as hard as nails, hard to get the ball off. He kept fit too in an age of brutality. Mariner never hid. He faced them all and knew how to score goals too. It’s notable that he was able to play with any type of forward with ease. Whymark - scored loads alongside PM and was a great partner. Brazil - different type of player who’d never have filled his boots the way he did without Paul. He brought others into the game.

If you watch the 78 Cup Final, Woods and Geddis caused problems time after time down the sides, but Mariner was the one that took their defence apart. Willie Young and David O’Leary’s nightmare. Wasn’t the only time I saw PM take them to the cleaners either. In the semi final, he was on his own up front a lot of the time. He was man of the match.

I could go on and on about my favourite player. Suffice to say it was a total privilege to watch him play.

Thank you Paul
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 8:31]
RIP Paul Mariner on 08:19 - Jul 10 with 3384 viewsFunge

RIP Paul Mariner - an ITFC legend in a very real sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024