Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? 20:37 - Jul 13 with 4773 viewshomer_123

What's the concensus?

Our new owners have made it clear they want out of this division and the signs are Cook is being backed in the transfer market, which is great.

But...do we think Cook will last if things don't happen on the pitch?

Just wondering what people think will happen.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 17:45 - Jul 14 with 258 viewsHARRY10

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 17:28 - Jul 14 by jayessess

The post you were responding to said "Unless we finish really close to automatics and then lose in play offs".

(try to keep up)

No, that is just you making up stuff, again.

If I was replying directly to a post, I would have quoted it, as I have here.

And given the few minutes between the two posts, there is every certainty that the post you claim I was replying to was not even up when I was typing my post.
Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 18:36 - Jul 14 with 216 viewsbraveblue

If he gets play offs this season I think all involved will accept that as progress.
Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 18:41 - Jul 14 with 214 viewsJermynblue

I don't think it will be promotion or the sack, but if we do not at least get into the play offs then I would be very surprised to see Cook as the manager next season. Not many managers would appear to have the option of replacing almost an entire squad (including those under contract) with a new squad and getting the quality of replacements that we have to date and might still be able to get. The owners have been very accommodating but think that they will be a relatively high level of achievement in return.

One point I wanted to mention is that If Cook does not want certain players then he should at least comment and act in a way which would allow us to get as much for these players as possible. Criticising them is not helping the value which we might get for them or even ease their transfer. I think that Ashton has had to comment that they are not bad players or bad attitudes etc. and this is probably to help him with getting value for them or even getting a transfer for them.
Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 18:47 - Jul 14 with 213 viewsOldboy

Anything but promotion, arguably automatically, must be seen as failure.
Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 19:07 - Jul 14 with 188 viewsjayessess

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 17:45 - Jul 14 by HARRY10

No, that is just you making up stuff, again.

If I was replying directly to a post, I would have quoted it, as I have here.

And given the few minutes between the two posts, there is every certainty that the post you claim I was replying to was not even up when I was typing my post.

Errr... you might want to re-read your own post here? The chain of posts is still right there on page 2 - you reply to JammyDodgerr, I reply to you, you then claim I'm "making up stuff, again" when I quote from JammyDodgerr's post!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024