Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many Tests will we lose by 10:41 - Aug 4 with 2640 viewschicoazul

To India?
I’m saying 1-3 to them, because we just can’t bat.

This post has been edited by an administrator

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How many Tests will we lose by on 17:45 - Aug 4 with 843 viewsReuser_is_God

Christ we are sh1t.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

How many Tests will we lose by on 18:42 - Aug 4 with 827 viewsBlueForYou

How many Tests will we lose by on 17:02 - Aug 4 by Chrisd

A good effort there Blue for you, I doff my cap to you.

I have followed Cricket for over 50 years, some of that in Australia. I know the game & know what it takes to win there. Currently we have no chance. Our Test game is going downhill fast. Changes must happen to our Test selection, attitude, & administration. The game here is a mess. We will always have the talent, it's so sad the way this is heading. I hope I am horribly wrong.
How many Tests will we lose by on 19:04 - Aug 4 with 809 viewsRadlett_blue

How many Tests will we lose by on 16:57 - Aug 4 by Steve_M

At some point the ECB will find that people aren't willing to pay £100 plus to watch a format they don't give much of a fk about.

Plus drink beer at £6 or so a pint.
If England go to Australia with the current seam attack - no-one getting above 85mph - Australia will be licking their lips & scoring 4-500 each time.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

How many Tests will we lose by on 19:46 - Aug 4 with 798 viewschicoazul

How many Tests will we lose by on 17:45 - Aug 4 by Reuser_is_God

Christ we are sh1t.

Truly pathetic batting as so often. How are we rated as high as 4 in test cricket.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

How many Tests will we lose by on 21:15 - Aug 4 with 775 viewsjimmyvet

How many Tests will we lose by on 16:57 - Aug 4 by N2_Blue

4-0 India.

England top 6 is probably worst I have seen. It basically consists of Root and not a lot else

Exactly the ECB don’t give a damn about red ball cricket we absolutely honk Root aside the next 5 miles away from top draw test batsman plus our seam attack is old and we have zero to replace them, sad times indeed for English test cricket.
How many Tests will we lose by on 21:17 - Aug 4 with 772 viewsjimmyvet

How many Tests will we lose by on 19:04 - Aug 4 by Radlett_blue

Plus drink beer at £6 or so a pint.
If England go to Australia with the current seam attack - no-one getting above 85mph - Australia will be licking their lips & scoring 4-500 each time.

We can’t bat … we don’t t have a decent spinner and pace attack is old and going downhill … we will get honked 5 0 or 4 1 down under sadly …
How many Tests will we lose by on 08:24 - Aug 5 with 727 viewsChrisd

How many Tests will we lose by on 19:46 - Aug 4 by chicoazul

Truly pathetic batting as so often. How are we rated as high as 4 in test cricket.

Scathing assessment from Vaughan. Apart from Root, you could say this applies to all England’s batsmen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58094117

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

How many Tests will we lose by on 09:17 - Aug 5 with 709 viewsRadlett_blue

How many Tests will we lose by on 17:08 - Aug 4 by Chrisd

Very true. I saw a tweet last night and it asked how many overs our batsmen have faced since the NZ series with the red ball? 4 or 5 of them had faced 0!! I love the longer format of the game, it still provides the sternest test for batsmen and bowlers IMO, but something needs to be done as white ball cricket is now beginning to take over and dictate player's availability.

Indeed, the summer schedule was heavily criticised when it came out.
Bairstow was playing his first First Class game of the summer, Buttler hasn't played first class cricket since February & Lawrence & Root haven't had a first class knock for almost 2 months. The ECB continue to chase the 1 day dollar & as long as Test crowds hold up, they won't care.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

How many Tests will we lose by on 09:35 - Aug 5 with 700 viewschicoazul

How many Tests will we lose by on 08:24 - Aug 5 by Chrisd

Scathing assessment from Vaughan. Apart from Root, you could say this applies to all England’s batsmen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58094117

He’s spot on. It’s true we are asking players who haven’t played this form to suddenly adapt; it’s also true that they have to be adaptable and basically, good enough mentally and skill wise to do it.
The Aussies are going to rinse us in the next two ashes if this carries on.

How many Tests will we lose by on 10:53 - Aug 5 with 685 viewsN2_Blue

How many Tests will we lose by on 18:42 - Aug 4 by BlueForYou

I have followed Cricket for over 50 years, some of that in Australia. I know the game & know what it takes to win there. Currently we have no chance. Our Test game is going downhill fast. Changes must happen to our Test selection, attitude, & administration. The game here is a mess. We will always have the talent, it's so sad the way this is heading. I hope I am horribly wrong.

This 100%. Couldn't agree more unfortunately BlueForYou.

England's current shambles in Test cricket is the thing I'm most sad about in sport other than where ITFC find themselves of course.

It's an absolute travesty that English Test cricket finds itself in this state. The resources and money the ECB have, it's scandalous and frankly unacceptable.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

How many Tests will we lose by on 13:11 - Aug 5 with 666 viewsPlums

How many Tests will we lose by on 10:53 - Aug 5 by N2_Blue

This 100%. Couldn't agree more unfortunately BlueForYou.

England's current shambles in Test cricket is the thing I'm most sad about in sport other than where ITFC find themselves of course.

It's an absolute travesty that English Test cricket finds itself in this state. The resources and money the ECB have, it's scandalous and frankly unacceptable.

It’s almost as if they are wilfully destroying it. The irony is of course that our white ball success is built on a foundation of test and county cricket. By the time the dimwits at the ECB realise this, it will be too late.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

How many Tests will we lose by on 13:20 - Aug 5 with 660 viewsChrisd

More good news for England.....

https://www.ecb.co.uk/news/2207138

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

How many Tests will we lose by on 19:04 - Aug 5 with 636 viewsBlueForYou

How many Tests will we lose by on 17:32 - Aug 4 by gordon

Looking forward to some regulation catches going down in the slips now.

Sibley was your man! Looked defeated to me, will be surprised if he survives past this match. Robinson bowled superbly in the morning session, & then Anderson came to life. After praying for rain to save us, it then hindered us. Only Test cricket has these twists & turns. We must never allow it to fade away!
How many Tests will we lose by on 18:26 - Sep 6 with 506 viewschicoazul

1-3 is on lads

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024