Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you’d have told me a year ago that we’d be letting… 10:37 - Aug 10 with 947 viewsHullblue

Downes, Dozzell, Gibbs and Bishop all go in one summer for a total (!) of 3m I would have been devastated.

But in these circumstances it makes sense. The disappointing one is Gibbs - but we can’t really complain about the other three for various reasons. I think Bishop will have a good season for Lincoln but there can’t be much doubt that Chaplin and Fraser are an upgrade in the 10 role. Then the other two obviously wanted to go.

Strange times - but exciting too.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

If you’d have told me a year ago that we’d be letting… on 10:42 - Aug 10 with 866 viewsgordon

Yes, think the way the market for players is and the drop off from Premiership / top-end Champ teams to the rest means that players like Downes / Dozzell which haven't achieved a great deal are worth quite a lot just because of the (pretty small) chance that they could be £20 million players in a year or two, whereas proven quality lower league players that are a bit older (like Fraser, Burns etc) don't have a particularly high ceiling which depresses their value a lot relative to their ability.
If you’d have told me a year ago that we’d be letting… on 10:43 - Aug 10 with 855 viewsN2_Blue

I'm pleasantly surprised we got this much.

You compare it to the players we've signed and how much we've spent it's exceptional business. I'm staggered.

Downes did look fantastic 2 seasons ago and is clearly the big loss but once he decided he didn't want to be here that was that.
Dozzell...never won over by him, and best move for player and club. I personally think we have signed way better
Gibbs - we'll never know, but he made 1 appearance, I'm not going to cry about it
Bishop - Never fulfilled the promise he showed when he came through. Look at how many appearances he's made in all the time he's been with us...i liked Teddy but don't think it's a real loss.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

If you’d have told me a year ago that we’d be letting… on 11:38 - Aug 10 with 678 viewsChurchman

It you’d have told me two years ago we’d still be in this dreadful league having finished mid table both seasons I’d have been even more devastated.

The club, management and players should have done better individually and collectively. Thank goodness things are different now. We may not succeed but we have a chance to for the first time in years.

Of Downes, Dozzell and Bishop, the one I’m saddest about is Bishop. When he broke through, I thought he might become a complete player. He had the lot really. Oh well, good luck to all three and Gibbs of course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024