Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIFA Again 09:13 - Sep 6 with 1548 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The whole Sepp Blatter thing didn’t change a jot did it? Still the same as they’ve always been.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/sep/06/fifa-plan-for-biennial-wor

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

FIFA Again on 09:35 - Sep 6 with 1477 viewsEdmundo

Football is no longer about the fans in the stands. It's about tv, gambling, Executive boxes and VIPs. I am getting disillusioned with the idea Town should be trying to get into the Prem let alone Europe. We the diehard fans would just end up disenfranchised.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

FIFA Again on 09:46 - Sep 6 with 1442 viewsGuthrum

It's also a power-grab. Constant (FIFA supervised) national team football will decimate the domestic game. Either non-stop international breaks, or many teams constantly without their best players.

Or it might go the other way, with clubs simply refusing to release their best men to play for their countries. Thus devaluing the World Cup and Euros instead.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

FIFA Again on 10:31 - Sep 6 with 1355 viewshoppy

FIFA Again on 09:46 - Sep 6 by Guthrum

It's also a power-grab. Constant (FIFA supervised) national team football will decimate the domestic game. Either non-stop international breaks, or many teams constantly without their best players.

Or it might go the other way, with clubs simply refusing to release their best men to play for their countries. Thus devaluing the World Cup and Euros instead.

I don't know much about cricket, but how often do the International players play for their county sides? It seems there's so many test matches, can't be often, is it?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

FIFA Again on 10:44 - Sep 6 with 1313 viewsbluefunk

FIFA Again on 10:31 - Sep 6 by hoppy

I don't know much about cricket, but how often do the International players play for their county sides? It seems there's so many test matches, can't be often, is it?

If they are on central contracts it isn’t very often, for example the current test matches are being played when the County Championship is in its final stages
FIFA Again on 10:49 - Sep 6 with 1300 viewsGuthrum

FIFA Again on 10:31 - Sep 6 by hoppy

Exactly the kind of situation I was thinking of.

Not that often. County sides are routinely without their big stars. Even when Tests are not on, they may be resting for the next one. A nimber of national players are centrally contracted, i.e. paid by and reserved for the use of the ECB.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

FIFA Again on 10:54 - Sep 6 with 1262 viewsRamRob

FIFA Again on 09:35 - Sep 6 by Edmundo

Football is no longer about the fans in the stands. It's about tv, gambling, Executive boxes and VIPs. I am getting disillusioned with the idea Town should be trying to get into the Prem let alone Europe. We the diehard fans would just end up disenfranchised.

Ah yes, the so called "stake holders"

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

FIFA Again on 10:54 - Sep 6 with 1261 viewsMattinLondon

FIFA Again on 10:49 - Sep 6 by Guthrum

Exactly the kind of situation I was thinking of.

Not that often. County sides are routinely without their big stars. Even when Tests are not on, they may be resting for the next one. A nimber of national players are centrally contracted, i.e. paid by and reserved for the use of the ECB.

Isn’t it the same with rugby Union? Think I’m right that their league season continue even when the six nations are played.
FIFA Again on 11:10 - Sep 6 with 1223 viewsSteve_M

Sporting administrators fail to understand that scarcity value is a big part of the genuine appeal of top class sport. But then they wouldn't because it's all about money and power than any love of the game.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024