Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The emotional impact of football. 17:43 - Oct 23 with 1211 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I posted on here a few weeks ago about my recent struggles with mental health, following the death of my Dad after a long illness, and then my relationship with my girlfriend breaking down.

The last few weeks in particular have been really dark and really difficult. My head has been a horrible place to be at times.

I was in tears this morning yet again, and my brother bought me a ticket to go with him to the match today (my first time at PR for over 3 years). I used to go regularly with my Dad/brother but had lost interest in recent years (no surprise).

Anyway, what I wanted to say was when Celina's goal went in it was the first time I had felt 'alive' and a genuine flood of positive emotions in the last couple of months, to the point where it made me well up a bit, just remembering that it is possible to feel good again.

Have a good evening all.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

The emotional impact of football. on 17:45 - Oct 23 with 1152 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Glad to hear that.

Don't expect there to be no more dark days, but time is a healer. They are likely to get fewer.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The emotional impact of football. on 17:46 - Oct 23 with 1131 viewssolemio

Good to hear. Very best wishes to you.
The emotional impact of football. on 17:47 - Oct 23 with 1111 viewsphillymark

Lovely to read this. Hope life is in an upward direction for you from now on. No great words of wisdom from me except don’t be afraid to reach out for help if you need it.
The emotional impact of football. on 17:48 - Oct 23 with 1102 viewsRedX

Great stuff. Onwards and upwards.

Have a good weekend.
The emotional impact of football. on 18:04 - Oct 23 with 1030 viewsIllinoisblue

It just got a little dusty in here. Best wishes to you and your family.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The emotional impact of football. on 18:38 - Oct 23 with 959 viewsbluefunk

Good luck fella, glad ITFC can lighten your load
The emotional impact of football. on 18:54 - Oct 23 with 925 viewsDeano69

Small steps and take the wins (literally).

Have a good weekend yourself!

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

The emotional impact of football. on 19:11 - Oct 23 with 894 viewsChurchman

Thank you for sharing that. As others have pointed out, time will work it’s magic and immersing yourself in things like football, however trivial, is a good thing in my view. It’s helped me in the past.
Login to get fewer ads

The emotional impact of football. on 19:21 - Oct 23 with 860 viewsbackwaywhen

You stay strong and positive about life …. Good times will return fellow Blue 👍⚽️👍
The emotional impact of football. on 20:08 - Oct 23 with 779 viewsswede

Keep reminding yourself of those words "It is possible to feel good again". They will help you get through.
I spent two years in a very dark place after my first wife left me and the kids for another guy. I thought I would never be able to recover and feel alive again. I came so close to ending it all one day but eventually time, good and caring friends and my faith in God brought me through.
After three years I found the love of a wonderful woman and have been happily married now for 14 years. The kids are now grown, independent and doing great. We got through.

There is always hope. One day you will be able to look back as I can from a very different position.
Take care
The emotional impact of football. on 20:21 - Oct 23 with 741 viewsThisIsMyUsername

The emotional impact of football. on 20:08 - Oct 23 by swede

Keep reminding yourself of those words "It is possible to feel good again". They will help you get through.
I spent two years in a very dark place after my first wife left me and the kids for another guy. I thought I would never be able to recover and feel alive again. I came so close to ending it all one day but eventually time, good and caring friends and my faith in God brought me through.
After three years I found the love of a wonderful woman and have been happily married now for 14 years. The kids are now grown, independent and doing great. We got through.

There is always hope. One day you will be able to look back as I can from a very different position.
Take care

Thank you for sharing that personal story.

And thank you everyone for the other comments too. I appreciate it.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024