Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerrard confirmed at Villa 10:15 - Nov 11 with 848 viewsbluejacko

Done a good job north of the border,different kettle of fish down here though!
Gerrard confirmed at Villa on 12:19 - Nov 11 with 722 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Interesting post by Chris Sutton pointed out that during Gerrards time at Rangers, Callum Davidson won more trophies.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Gerrard confirmed at Villa on 12:37 - Nov 11 with 670 viewsEwan_Oozami

Getting ready for the Liverpool job post-Klopp I suspect..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Gerrard confirmed at Villa on 12:41 - Nov 11 with 652 viewsElderGrizzly

Gerrard confirmed at Villa on 12:37 - Nov 11 by Ewan_Oozami

Getting ready for the Liverpool job post-Klopp I suspect..

Indeed. This is a step to prove he can do something outside of Scotland before positioning himself for the Liverpool job. Nothing more.

He'll do well to keep them up initially though, unless they spend in January.
Gerrard confirmed at Villa on 13:33 - Nov 11 with 533 viewsHighgateBlue

Gerrard confirmed at Villa on 12:19 - Nov 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Interesting post by Chris Sutton pointed out that during Gerrards time at Rangers, Callum Davidson won more trophies.

There will always be a bias towards former galactico players though, and occasionally it pays off (I must say, not so much with /English/ players in recent years). I'm sure we can all think of the odd superstar player who 'wasn't all that' in management and still managed to get sought-after domestic managerial jobs.

I look forward to seeing how "Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa" get on...
Gerrard confirmed at Villa on 14:15 - Nov 11 with 465 viewsWilbrahamBlue

He couldn't of done much better at Rangers than he has done, as a first job. Unbeaten all title winning season, breaking Celtic dominance. Many experienced managers have done worse in recent times. He does come across vastly more comfortable in his early managerial career than say, Frank Lampard did. The comparisons will always be there with Frank.

I feel this means he more than deserves a crack at a lower/mid table prem team and has shown that he COULD do well in an environment where he can buy players and mould a team like he was allowed to do at Rangers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024