Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pretty much sums up where we are right now. 17:34 - Nov 20 with 571 viewsitfcsuth

Consistently inconsistent. Infuriating.

When we are good, we are clinical and can beat any side in this division. Unfortunately them days have been few and far between. Too many days this season left feeling frustrated at missed chances and sloppy defensive performances.

It would take a bold individual to suggest we can lay a glove on the play-offs this year. I can’t see personally right now.
Pretty much sums up where we are right now. on 18:06 - Nov 20 with 507 viewsIllinoisblue

Taking 2 games to scrape by a garbage Oldham team was a big red flag. On top of some smaller ones. We continue to be less than the sum of our parts.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Pretty much sums up where we are right now. on 22:11 - Nov 20 with 428 viewsitfcsuth

Pretty much sums up where we are right now. on 18:06 - Nov 20 by Illinoisblue

Taking 2 games to scrape by a garbage Oldham team was a big red flag. On top of some smaller ones. We continue to be less than the sum of our parts.

It’s very strange that we can roll Portsmouth & Wycombe over and struggle to beat Oldham over two legs.

That’s ultimately why we will fall short this year.

Far too inconsistent.
Pretty much sums up where we are right now. on 22:32 - Nov 20 with 397 viewspointofblue

Pretty much sums up where we are right now. on 18:06 - Nov 20 by Illinoisblue

And that was nearly our entire squad - our first XI made a mess of the Portman Road match whilst the majority of our second XI limped through the second match.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Pretty much sums up where we are right now. on 22:36 - Nov 20 with 385 viewschrismakin

Pretty much sums up where we are right now. on 22:11 - Nov 20 by itfcsuth

It’s very strange that we can roll Portsmouth & Wycombe over and struggle to beat Oldham over two legs.

That’s ultimately why we will fall short this year.

Far too inconsistent.

I think just like 'those 3 games' last season before PC came in and those two games you just mentioned, are seen as more than they were. Against both sides. We made the most of their defensive issues. Against Wycombe it was terrible keeping. We weren't overly impressive in either game imo but did the job we needed to.

The plymouth loss was actually one of our best games in comparison and we lost it.

Out of 19 I think we have 8 solid starters. More needed to be good enough for promotion imo and I think the club knows that.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Pretty much sums up where we are right now. on 22:42 - Nov 20 with 370 viewspointofblue

Pretty much sums up where we are right now. on 22:36 - Nov 20 by chrismakin

I think just like 'those 3 games' last season before PC came in and those two games you just mentioned, are seen as more than they were. Against both sides. We made the most of their defensive issues. Against Wycombe it was terrible keeping. We weren't overly impressive in either game imo but did the job we needed to.

The plymouth loss was actually one of our best games in comparison and we lost it.

Out of 19 I think we have 8 solid starters. More needed to be good enough for promotion imo and I think the club knows that.

We do not need more definite starters; the squad should be more than strong enough to at least get top six this season - before Morecambe most of us would have said top two. Maybe we could do with another centre back but otherwise, we SHOULD be fine.

Pretty much sums up where we are right now. on 22:48 - Nov 20 with 341 viewschrismakin

Pretty much sums up where we are right now. on 22:42 - Nov 20 by pointofblue

We do not need more definite starters; the squad should be more than strong enough to at least get top six this season - before Morecambe most of us would have said top two. Maybe we could do with another centre back but otherwise, we SHOULD be fine.

Of course based on name and past performances you would expect more. But like any transfers some work some don't. We've seen in the past ", best squad in league" 6 months later... it's not good enough.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Pretty much sums up where we are right now. on 22:51 - Nov 20 with 333 viewspointofblue

Pretty much sums up where we are right now. on 22:48 - Nov 20 by chrismakin

Of course based on name and past performances you would expect more. But like any transfers some work some don't. We've seen in the past ", best squad in league" 6 months later... it's not good enough.

Unfortunately it seems to happen a lot to us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024