Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. 10:25 - Nov 30 with 1893 viewsMattinLondon

How come, despite the advanced technological achievements on display in Star Wars, why does their CCTV look like something out of the 1950s?
Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 19:27 - Nov 30 with 390 viewseireblue

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 10:27 - Nov 30 by homer_123

Why is the aim of blasters and other such weapons so poor?

When the Stormtroppers are missing quite a bit, during the original trilogy, it is usually followed by a scene when it is revealed that they are letting people escape.

E.g. no point in killing Han, Luke, Chewie and Leila when you need them to fly off and track them to the rebel base.

So when you think about it, they are quite accurate.

Also remember that you can see a laser blast, not a bullet.
I think someone once calculated how fast the energy blast from a blaster travels, and teh reaction time from a human, and therefore how limited the accuracy of a blaster is over a certain distance.

Fascinating stuff…..errr….you know….if that sort of thing interested someone…I would assume it would be fascinating for them.
Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 20:14 - Nov 30 with 370 viewsMattinLondon

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 19:27 - Nov 30 by eireblue

When the Stormtroppers are missing quite a bit, during the original trilogy, it is usually followed by a scene when it is revealed that they are letting people escape.

E.g. no point in killing Han, Luke, Chewie and Leila when you need them to fly off and track them to the rebel base.

So when you think about it, they are quite accurate.

Also remember that you can see a laser blast, not a bullet.
I think someone once calculated how fast the energy blast from a blaster travels, and teh reaction time from a human, and therefore how limited the accuracy of a blaster is over a certain distance.

Fascinating stuff…..errr….you know….if that sort of thing interested someone…I would assume it would be fascinating for them.

I’m sure that the Star Wars people explain why the stormtroopers always miss Han etc by stating that they are under orders not to kill or injure them.
Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 20:22 - Nov 30 with 369 viewseireblue

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 20:14 - Nov 30 by MattinLondon

I’m sure that the Star Wars people explain why the stormtroopers always miss Han etc by stating that they are under orders not to kill or injure them.

Yep, Han is the pilot, Chewie needs to be kept alive, to do the maintenance, Leila obvs, otherwise they wouldn’t fly off to the hidden rebel base and Luke because….yea….why didn’t they shoot Luke, ……it would have made it more realistic if they managed to get at least one of them and Vader didn’t know who Luke is at that point..ahhhh man…….ruined for me now.
Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 20:34 - Nov 30 with 363 viewsMattinLondon

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 20:22 - Nov 30 by eireblue

Yep, Han is the pilot, Chewie needs to be kept alive, to do the maintenance, Leila obvs, otherwise they wouldn’t fly off to the hidden rebel base and Luke because….yea….why didn’t they shoot Luke, ……it would have made it more realistic if they managed to get at least one of them and Vader didn’t know who Luke is at that point..ahhhh man…….ruined for me now.

I’m beginning to think that Lucas, and now Disney, are making it up as they go along.
Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 20:43 - Nov 30 with 358 viewsjeera

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 11:12 - Nov 30 by Mookamoo

All Sci Fi is rubbish. All of it.

Bet you're fun at conventions.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 20:48 - Nov 30 with 351 viewsjeera

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 10:27 - Nov 30 by homer_123

Why is the aim of blasters and other such weapons so poor?

On the flip side.

How come so many cowboys are so damned accurate with 1800s hand pistols?

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure those things weren't that reliable.

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 21:08 - Nov 30 with 341 viewseireblue

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 20:48 - Nov 30 by jeera

On the flip side.

How come so many cowboys are so damned accurate with 1800s hand pistols?

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure those things weren't that reliable.

Whooooahhh slow down there.

Look, I am still struggling with some issues here already, if you are saying not only is Star Wars, but other stuff like the Magnificent Seven are just based on someone’s made up stories….crikey it is enough to drive someone to hide in some sort of fortress thing, drop out and take up an ancient art like being a Samurai or something.
Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 21:10 - Nov 30 with 340 viewsjeera

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 21:08 - Nov 30 by eireblue

Whooooahhh slow down there.

Look, I am still struggling with some issues here already, if you are saying not only is Star Wars, but other stuff like the Magnificent Seven are just based on someone’s made up stories….crikey it is enough to drive someone to hide in some sort of fortress thing, drop out and take up an ancient art like being a Samurai or something.

"like being a Samurai or something."

Yeah, about those guys...

Login to get fewer ads

Mundane thoughts on a wet Tuesday morning - Star Wars. on 22:51 - Nov 30 with 318 viewsBluespeed225

Lucas owes everything he has to the works of Gerry Anderson and The Dambusters film!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024