Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Van Morrison appreciation thread 12:26 - Dec 3 with 2731 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Ladies and gentlemen, as it's Friday we should be enjoying some music and there's nobody better to get you in the mood for Friday night drinking than Van the Man.

Lots of great tunes to choose from, my favourite is Cyprus Avenue off the Astral Weeks album. Funnily enough, I once spent a weekend visiting a friend who lived in the very street.

What's your favourite from the great man?

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Van Morrison appreciation thread on 18:21 - Dec 3 with 1203 viewsfooters

Van Morrison appreciation thread on 18:01 - Dec 3 by GlasgowBlue

Van Morrison has gone down the same Covid denying hole as Clapton, hasn't he.

And Right Said Fred.

Feel good Friday songs... by The_Last_Baron 18 Jun 2021 10:25
I'll start with the Freds...takes me back to the summer of 1991 when life was so good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Van Morrison appreciation thread on 18:35 - Dec 3 with 1188 viewsGlasgowBlue

Van Morrison appreciation thread on 18:21 - Dec 3 by footers

And Right Said Fred.

Feel good Friday songs... by The_Last_Baron 18 Jun 2021 10:25
I'll start with the Freds...takes me back to the summer of 1991 when life was so good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ

It appears Homer Simpson was wrong. Rock stars don't know everything.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Van Morrison appreciation thread on 19:49 - Dec 3 with 1133 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Van Morrison appreciation thread on 17:00 - Dec 3 by jaykay

seen him so many times from the albert hall to leeds castle .
as you say go to a circus if you want interaction , rather he sing 3 more songs than chit chat.
one of my favs is all about nostalgia , which i have a lot of at 72

l

This is beautiful, real soul to it. I'm going to turn this up loud in a bit and have a bottle of Ksiazece.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Van Morrison appreciation thread on 21:38 - Dec 3 with 1102 viewsericclacton

What's going down our Ron?

Van Morrison appreciation thread on 21:47 - Dec 3 with 1079 viewsericclacton

Sus pishes viruses on this site trying to eat my laptop EEEAAAHHHH who's going to Barrow Road.

Van Morrison appreciation thread on 21:52 - Dec 3 with 1067 viewsWeWereZombies

as you say go to a circus if you want interaction , rather he sing 3 more songs than chit chat.

l

I've only seen Van Morrison and band a couple of times (HebCelt in Stornoway, 2013 - he segued 'Moondance' into 'Bye Bye Blackbird', and Cambridge Folk Festival the following year), was excellent both times. Almost don't want to risk seeing him again, even if he has got Clapton as his guitarist, so as not to spoil those memories if he has one of his off nights. OK, footers, Van the Man can be a twit and not just because of the irreverent attitude towards Covid-19 precautions, there was a tale about him being fairly obnoxious at a party when a young singer/guitarist asked for his opinion of how well he sang the great man's songs, but genius tends to behave to their own rules. Concentrate on what he does with his voice:

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Van Morrison appreciation thread on 21:53 - Dec 3 with 1065 viewsericclacton

Van Morrison appreciation thread on 22:01 - Dec 3 with 1023 viewsericclacton

Van Morrison appreciation thread on 19:49 - Dec 3 by The_Last_Baron

This is beautiful, real soul to it. I'm going to turn this up loud in a bit and have a bottle of Ksiazece.

The Last Barrow.

Get down Shep get down.

sus pishes thread warning viruses everywhere.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 22:03]
Login to get fewer ads

Van Morrison appreciation thread on 22:30 - Dec 3 with 989 viewsGodzilla

No surprises that someone touched by genius is a also a bit bonkers. He's held in high esteem in his native East Belfast.
Van Morrison appreciation thread on 22:52 - Dec 3 with 963 viewsjaykay

Van Morrison appreciation thread on 21:52 - Dec 3 by WeWereZombies

I've only seen Van Morrison and band a couple of times (HebCelt in Stornoway, 2013 - he segued 'Moondance' into 'Bye Bye Blackbird', and Cambridge Folk Festival the following year), was excellent both times. Almost don't want to risk seeing him again, even if he has got Clapton as his guitarist, so as not to spoil those memories if he has one of his off nights. OK, footers, Van the Man can be a twit and not just because of the irreverent attitude towards Covid-19 precautions, there was a tale about him being fairly obnoxious at a party when a young singer/guitarist asked for his opinion of how well he sang the great man's songs, but genius tends to behave to their own rules. Concentrate on what he does with his voice:

one my best times was going to the 2 day event was going the feis held at finsbuy park, footers neck of the woods. what a line up of irish musicans. van head lined . also the line up included shane macgowan , the waterboys ,the granberries , chisty moore , saw doctors ,hothouse flowers plus many more. at times you didn't know what stage to be at.
oh nearly forgot the other top billing on the second night was that other famous irishman bob dylan

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Van Morrison appreciation thread on 22:53 - Dec 3 with 961 viewsSouthBucksBlue

l

Yeah that’s a beautiful song!
Van Morrison appreciation thread on 22:57 - Dec 3 with 957 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Yes plenty of evidence that he’s not the most pleasant but a unique voice and delivery.
I’m surprised nobody’s mentioned “Into the mystic”.
Also when he starts his bit in this duet is a real hair on back of neck moment for me.
Van Morrison appreciation thread on 10:19 - Dec 4 with 886 viewsWeWereZombies

Van Morrison appreciation thread on 22:52 - Dec 3 by jaykay

one my best times was going to the 2 day event was going the feis held at finsbuy park, footers neck of the woods. what a line up of irish musicans. van head lined . also the line up included shane macgowan , the waterboys ,the granberries , chisty moore , saw doctors ,hothouse flowers plus many more. at times you didn't know what stage to be at.
oh nearly forgot the other top billing on the second night was that other famous irishman bob dylan

The Granberries! Now there's a cover band / over 60s activity class / 'reality' TV show waiting to happen

R I P Dolores

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Van Morrison appreciation thread on 10:57 - Dec 4 with 869 viewsElephantintheRoom

I was watching a recent gig he did and the support was an Irish all girl group called Dea Matrona... they were better than he was, admittedly not much of an ask nowadays.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024