Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think if I was Brett Johnson I’d be on next plane over here! 07:27 - Dec 8 with 728 viewsbrazil1981

I’d be asking Ashdon what the f*** is going on….when he left a month or so ago the future was bright, a fantastic manager (their words), teams getting big wins!

Just a weeks later the manager’s been sacked, season’s over as far as promotion, fans attacking us players on the pitch!!!!!

How can it have gone wrong so quickly?!
Think if I was Brett Johnson I’d be on next plane over here! on 07:56 - Dec 8 with 607 viewsFightingEssex

How has it gone so wrong quickly? Bar 3 games we have been average to rubbish all season. Under cook we were average to rubbish over 40+ games. Hardly quick, radical or shocking is it? We never broke the top 7 under him across two seasons with two large squads many said were the best in the league at different times.

The fans losing it is a result of 20 years of frustration, not a unexpected 2-0 away loss to Charlton, and having just watched a team they were told by the EADT and the hype machine was a Championship side in all but name, down tools and do absolutely nothing again while they paid their hard earned money (as they do every week) to back them in doing so. They were absolutely pathetic and have been all season, and the responsibility for that lies with Cook and not Ashton.

This hasn't come out of nowhere. How guilty are Ashton and Gamechanger in all this? Maybe a touch naïve in allowing a new manager to rip the previous squad and coaching team up so quickly and radically and throw certain elements under a bus. It did no favours for Cook either who people then suddenly expected miracles from. It was a bit like what happened when Evans allowed Hurst to do just that, yes allow some change but there needs to be some foundations and we certainly had a few players and coaches last season who while under performed where no way near as bad as they were made out to be.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Think if I was Brett Johnson I’d be on next plane over here! on 08:18 - Dec 8 with 521 viewsmikeybloo88

Omicron gives him an excuse not to come if he needs it...
Think if I was Brett Johnson I’d be on next plane over here! on 08:30 - Dec 8 with 472 viewsElephantintheRoom

Johnson is a gurning American who owns an insignificant amount of the club. He knows absolutely nothing about the third division - let alone the reasons behind four decades of decline at Ipswich Town Face facts - Evans owns 3x more of the club than Johnson who is just an opportunistic parasite.

If you arrogantly gut a club of everything that it had and bring in a buch of mercenaries and a backroom staff and office staff with no connection to or feel for the club- that is a high-risk strategy born of ignorance, arrogance and stupidity. It is hardly a surprise that a whell or two has come off.

The interesting thing about thise disastrous takeover is the opposite approach being taken down the A14. Complacent Town 'supporters' do not see Cambridge United as a local rival - even though they are a local rival in the same division, in a better location and are better run than the franchise. They got promoted, promptly lost their top scorer to a =nother bunch of (admittedly more likeable) bunch of American fantasists, became relegation favourites - and are doing more or less the same as the franchise. That is the true measure of the utter ineptitude that is on show at Portman Road r

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Think if I was Brett Johnson I’d be on next plane over here! on 08:34 - Dec 8 with 415 viewswkj

Think if I was Brett Johnson I’d be on next plane over here! on 08:30 - Dec 8 by ElephantintheRoom

Johnson is a gurning American who owns an insignificant amount of the club. He knows absolutely nothing about the third division - let alone the reasons behind four decades of decline at Ipswich Town Face facts - Evans owns 3x more of the club than Johnson who is just an opportunistic parasite.

If you arrogantly gut a club of everything that it had and bring in a buch of mercenaries and a backroom staff and office staff with no connection to or feel for the club- that is a high-risk strategy born of ignorance, arrogance and stupidity. It is hardly a surprise that a whell or two has come off.

The interesting thing about thise disastrous takeover is the opposite approach being taken down the A14. Complacent Town 'supporters' do not see Cambridge United as a local rival - even though they are a local rival in the same division, in a better location and are better run than the franchise. They got promoted, promptly lost their top scorer to a =nother bunch of (admittedly more likeable) bunch of American fantasists, became relegation favourites - and are doing more or less the same as the franchise. That is the true measure of the utter ineptitude that is on show at Portman Road r

Can you make your point without the xenophobic undertones? But yes, anyone who is surprised by Cambridge doing well this season shouldn't be. It was clear as day they would be comfortable in this league, and even a dark horse for top 6.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024