Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anthony Barry 21:09 - Dec 10 with 1405 viewswrightsrightglove

Heard his name in passing a couple of times, any chance that he could be prized away from Chelsea? Seems like an impressive character
Anthony Barry on 21:21 - Dec 10 with 1323 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What makes him impressive?

Used to be Paul Cook's assistant so was he the tactician that Richardson is and Cook clearly isn't?

And is he Louie Barry's brother? Or Dad? Or relative at all?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anthony Barry on 21:28 - Dec 10 with 1267 viewswrightsrightglove

Anthony Barry on 21:21 - Dec 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

What makes him impressive?

Used to be Paul Cook's assistant so was he the tactician that Richardson is and Cook clearly isn't?

And is he Louie Barry's brother? Or Dad? Or relative at all?

Very highly rated at Chelsea, was brought in by Lampard but kept on by Tuchel who said the below when talking about Barry taking on a part time role with the Republic of Ireland:

Tuchel replied: "You can be very happy, and you can be very lucky because he's a top coach joining you and your coaching staff.
"We didn't know him before. He was already here under Frank. He was, from the first moment, a big part of our coaching team, because first of all he's a fantastic guy with a fantastic character. Very open, very friendly.
"He's top quality in analysing games and giving his opinion and he's very experienced. I feel very comfortable on the pitch when he is in charge of exercises. He's very comfortable in front of the group.
"It's a pleasure to have him around."

No idea if he’s any relation to Louie!
Anthony Barry on 21:32 - Dec 10 with 1218 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anthony Barry on 21:28 - Dec 10 by wrightsrightglove

Very highly rated at Chelsea, was brought in by Lampard but kept on by Tuchel who said the below when talking about Barry taking on a part time role with the Republic of Ireland:

Tuchel replied: "You can be very happy, and you can be very lucky because he's a top coach joining you and your coaching staff.
"We didn't know him before. He was already here under Frank. He was, from the first moment, a big part of our coaching team, because first of all he's a fantastic guy with a fantastic character. Very open, very friendly.
"He's top quality in analysing games and giving his opinion and he's very experienced. I feel very comfortable on the pitch when he is in charge of exercises. He's very comfortable in front of the group.
"It's a pleasure to have him around."

No idea if he’s any relation to Louie!

I suspect he isn't. Was just a passing comment that one.

I would imagine that if he is highly rated as a Chelsea coach, he would have to be fairly desperate to get into management if he were to swap that for the manager's job here.

A similarly impressive coach at a lower level and one who has gained experience a few places would be Liam Rosenior. Probably a bigger gamble than Barry but much more likely a realistic target should we wish to go down that route. Or one in between who might be able to be prised away - Matt Gill?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anthony Barry on 21:42 - Dec 10 with 1122 viewswrightsrightglove

Anthony Barry on 21:32 - Dec 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would imagine that if he is highly rated as a Chelsea coach, he would have to be fairly desperate to get into management if he were to swap that for the manager's job here.

A similarly impressive coach at a lower level and one who has gained experience a few places would be Liam Rosenior. Probably a bigger gamble than Barry but much more likely a realistic target should we wish to go down that route. Or one in between who might be able to be prised away - Matt Gill?

Yeah, I think he turned down fleetwood after being interviewed so he must be open to management but he’s probably in a very good set up so not sure he’d want to take on a job like town.

Think it might be too big of a job for Rosenior but probably a far more achievable coach! Can see us potentially going down the head coach route.
Anthony Barry on 21:43 - Dec 10 with 1116 viewsWacko

Barry was on the shortlist for the Fleetwood. Anyone looking for their first job in management would jump at the chance of coming here. Imagine starting a career where there are only 92 guaranteed full time opportunities for work in the whole of your country

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Anthony Barry on 10:08 - Dec 11 with 641 viewswrightsrightglove

https://theathletic.com/3004668/2021/12/10/what-he-brings-to-the-team-is-pricele

Good piece in the athletic on Barry
Anthony Barry on 10:12 - Dec 11 with 620 viewsMullet

He’s my choice given what he offers and where we are right now.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anthony Barry on 10:14 - Dec 11 with 605 viewswrightsrightglove

Anthony Barry on 10:12 - Dec 11 by Mullet

He’s my choice given what he offers and where we are right now.

Would love to bring him in, however reading that article has made me feel even less optimistic about being able to convince him to leave Chelsea!
Login to get fewer ads

Anthony Barry on 10:23 - Dec 11 with 558 viewsRadlett_blue

We're reduced to trying to persuade Lambert's first team coach to come & manage Town? While most of the names who have been linked so far have been unimpressive, this really is the end. Cook hadn't impressed with the old squad or his own, expensively purchased one but it seems all we're going to do is replace Cook with someone with a far less impressive CV. Might as well have given him to the end of the season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024