Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those that spoke about Lampard 10:01 - Dec 14 with 2915 viewstextbackup

really did set themselves up for a fall from grace didnt they.

We are a mid table league 1 team, and have been for 3 seasons.

If it is Harris we are still slightly punching considering he's spent majority of his time in the championship.

All aboard the Neil Harris fun bus, it might not be pretty, but i think we've all come to realise that passing our way out of league 1 isnt working

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Those that spoke about Lampard on 16:12 - Dec 14 with 409 viewsMetal_Hacker

Those that spoke about Lampard on 16:02 - Dec 14 by itfcjoe

We don't even play good football - we pass it around the back with no one looking to probe or penetrate - passing for passing's sake.

If you are a good footballing side you control the ball like that in the opponents third - and that can be done even if you've got the ball into that zone directly

We're nowhere near that Joe like you say , miles from it .We've not played "football" consistently for years. "Football" being the sort of style we'd all like to see and keep being promised

I'll say it again , we just need to get out of this league , however I don't care it's more WHEN !!!

Poll: If it were one or the other

Those that spoke about Lampard on 16:40 - Dec 14 with 363 viewsstrikalite

Ah yeah I'm one of those I must admit, I'm still convinced Ashton is pestering him everyday and has arranged for the owners to meet up with him when they arrive, he'll come round I'm sure of it....:)

If he's missing the day to day Management stuff(maybe he isn't, who knows)and he's waiting for a Prem or good Championship job to come up then he could be waiting a long time...

But, I will say this, I'm warming to Harris if it is to be him...
Those that spoke about Lampard on 16:40 - Dec 14 with 359 viewsRadioOrwell

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:15 - Dec 14 by blueconscience

And you couldn’t make the fall much bigger than appointing someone like Harris!!!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 10:15]

We have had a succession of failed management appointments.
I dare not count because it might be double figures.

I know nothing about Harris. But to say he would be a problem is stretching things.
The club has been the problem.
Not necessarily the manager.
Those that spoke about Lampard on 16:50 - Dec 14 with 317 viewsChrisd

Those that spoke about Lampard on 16:02 - Dec 14 by itfcjoe

We don't even play good football - we pass it around the back with no one looking to probe or penetrate - passing for passing's sake.

If you are a good footballing side you control the ball like that in the opponents third - and that can be done even if you've got the ball into that zone directly

Hence my reference to playing in the wrong areas. Coventry, on the other hand, did play some good stuff when they were in L1.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Those that spoke about Lampard on 17:58 - Dec 14 with 273 viewstextbackup

Those that spoke about Lampard on 16:40 - Dec 14 by strikalite

Ah yeah I'm one of those I must admit, I'm still convinced Ashton is pestering him everyday and has arranged for the owners to meet up with him when they arrive, he'll come round I'm sure of it....:)

If he's missing the day to day Management stuff(maybe he isn't, who knows)and he's waiting for a Prem or good Championship job to come up then he could be waiting a long time...

But, I will say this, I'm warming to Harris if it is to be him...

I read the bit about him always wanting to prove people wrong, and it’s clear the guys a fighter, we haven’t fought on the pitch in years, think I’ll take that with Both hands for now

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Those that spoke about Lampard on 18:28 - Dec 14 with 237 viewsstrikalite

Those that spoke about Lampard on 17:58 - Dec 14 by textbackup

I read the bit about him always wanting to prove people wrong, and it’s clear the guys a fighter, we haven’t fought on the pitch in years, think I’ll take that with Both hands for now

He talks well in the clips I've seen, and yes without doubt I think he'll toughen us up, he may not have that initial "name" as a Lampard or Terry would have obviously, but if he can quickly get a tune out of these players then nobody will give a to$$ about that...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024