Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suffolk holiday cottage on coast? 10:53 - Jan 7 with 2771 viewsN2_Blue

Does anyone have ideas/recommendations for a (dog friendly) coastal holiday cottage.

Wife and I are looking for somewhere as close as possible to the sea, preferably actually on the coast so we can walk straight down to the beach.

Having not lived locally for many years would like to take my wife for a break in Suffolk but Norfolk and Essex also considered. Thank you.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Suffolk holiday cottage on coast? on 09:04 - Jan 8 with 324 viewsRadlett_blue

Suffolk holiday cottage on coast? on 11:46 - Jan 7 by N2_Blue

We do, especially the whole term time/out of term time. Of course prices also when crazy with the pandemic and the demand for more staycations.

I'm sure a week abroad in Europe is considerably cheaper than a week in the UK currently

Of course, we could say that people are being "ripped off" or that business owners are anticipating higher seasonal demand & acting reasonably. If the same prices were charged in term time, would we then say that those who don't have children at school were being ripped off?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Suffolk holiday cottage on coast? on 11:21 - Jan 8 with 287 viewsElephantintheRoom

You should look for a village with a decent pub..... and ideally one which isnt entirely taken over by Londoners, second home owners.... that would tend to rule out ghost towns such as Southwold, Orford etc... although joining the Londoners in the fish and chip shop queue on a friday night at Aldeburgh is always a good laugh....you will need a Range Rover though.

When I had to organise local accomodation for a family funeral I scanned the small ads in the rspb magazine, which I presume is on-line and had loads of doggy-friendly places in coastal(ish) locations. A farm at Sibton had very good modernised cottages...Sibton which has a nice pub - and good access for a trip to Covehithe, southwold, Blytheburgh etc... and inland to Fram.

There is more to Suffolk than the coast... you might want to have a look west near Lavenham, Long Melford, Cavendish etc - all of which have excellent pubs.

If youre feeling fit....is not the house in the clouds at Thorpe Ness not a holiday let?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Suffolk holiday cottage on coast? on 13:00 - Jan 8 with 267 viewsstonojnr

Suffolk holiday cottage on coast? on 11:21 - Jan 8 by ElephantintheRoom

You should look for a village with a decent pub..... and ideally one which isnt entirely taken over by Londoners, second home owners.... that would tend to rule out ghost towns such as Southwold, Orford etc... although joining the Londoners in the fish and chip shop queue on a friday night at Aldeburgh is always a good laugh....you will need a Range Rover though.

When I had to organise local accomodation for a family funeral I scanned the small ads in the rspb magazine, which I presume is on-line and had loads of doggy-friendly places in coastal(ish) locations. A farm at Sibton had very good modernised cottages...Sibton which has a nice pub - and good access for a trip to Covehithe, southwold, Blytheburgh etc... and inland to Fram.

There is more to Suffolk than the coast... you might want to have a look west near Lavenham, Long Melford, Cavendish etc - all of which have excellent pubs.

If youre feeling fit....is not the house in the clouds at Thorpe Ness not a holiday let?

exactly that, I know some cycling friends who stayed at Holton in a cottage,which is just outside Halesworth, and theres a bus from Halesworth to Southwold, so you arent cut off from the coast by not being within walking distance.

and theres lots of places around Eastbridge, Westleton, with good pubs nearby, all primarily setup for Minsmere.
Suffolk holiday cottage on coast? on 13:28 - Jan 8 with 253 viewsgiant_stow

Suffolk holiday cottage on coast? on 16:16 - Jan 7 by Dubai_Blue

It hasn't been washed away just removed temporarily while they try to find somewhere more suitable. Beach road in Winterton has been closed to traffic as it is now a road to nowhere.

I walk Hemsby beach and Winterton valley every day with the hound, it is stunning this time of year, though the ever increasing Seal colony makes it a pain sometimes

Ah that's good to know, thanks and lovely that so many bods are Winterton fans. Lovely walk you do there.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024