Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it acceptable to enjoy what McKenna brings 10:38 - Jan 10 with 2502 views_sanctimoanious_

without belittling Paul Cook? Asking for a friend.
Is it acceptable to enjoy what McKenna brings on 12:39 - Jan 10 with 372 viewsGlasgowBlue

I would suggest that Cook is making himself look very silly with his comments as we keep on winning.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is it acceptable to enjoy what McKenna brings on 12:43 - Jan 10 with 350 viewsHerbivore

Is it acceptable to enjoy what McKenna brings on 12:38 - Jan 10 by itfcserbia

If you compare (if that's allowed in this thread) that football to 4:0 away at Portsmouth or even 6:0 at home against Doncaster, this performance was way way better.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 12:39]

It really was. The Pompey game was fairly meh until their goalie dropped a b0llock and Bonne opened the scoring, then they folded and we put them away. The Donnie game we were starting to pull our old trick of letting a side back into it at 2-0 up, then we scored the third and they capitulated and we ran riot. Neither game was a quality performance for 70 minutes, let alone 90 minutes, and much of what we did well came down to moments of quality rather than our style of play per se. Saturday was superb, first 30 minutes I almost couldn't believe that this was the same group of players that we'd seen in Cook's final weeks here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it acceptable to enjoy what McKenna brings on 12:55 - Jan 10 with 332 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it acceptable to enjoy what McKenna brings on 12:38 - Jan 10 by itfcserbia

If you compare (if that's allowed in this thread) that football to 4:0 away at Portsmouth or even 6:0 at home against Doncaster, this performance was way way better.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 12:39]

That’s a bit silly.

We definitely played a part in making them look bad but Gillingham really were pretty poor in their own right. They just didn’t look at the races in a similar way to us vs. Charlton just a few weeks ago.

When we were good under Cook we were very good. But we struggled too often and could never grind out draws and wins from those games.

In many ways the Wycombe game under McKenna was more encouraging for the long term and building consistency. Because even though we were stuttering in attack we took our chance and held onto the lead fairly comfortably after that through organisation off the ball. Touch wood, that can be a very solid foundation to get consistently decent results and build confidence and momentum.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is it acceptable to enjoy what McKenna brings on 13:05 - Jan 10 with 308 viewsOsborneOneNil

Is it acceptable to enjoy what McKenna brings on 12:35 - Jan 10 by Herbivore

Saturday was lovely wasn't it? I don't want to go too overboard as it's early days, it's the third tier, and Gillingham were rubbish, but I don't think we've seen passing and movement of that quality since the Burley days.

It was a joy to watch, and it has been a long time since we could say that. Agreed, has to be the Burley days we last saw it. Still buzz from when we went up finishing that season so strong, nailing the PO's, then having Prem teams come over and us doing the same to them.
Is it acceptable to enjoy what McKenna brings on 14:03 - Jan 10 with 268 viewsistanblue

Is it acceptable to enjoy what McKenna brings on 10:45 - Jan 10 by _sanctimoanious_

Excellent. Bloody loved Cookie but appreciate KM looks different gravy early days. Onwards and upwards.

Yeah me too mate. Bloody loved being outplayed by the likes of Accrington, Northampton and AFC Wimbledon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024