Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poots sticking the Boots into the NIP... 21:46 - Feb 2 with 675 viewsWicklowBlue

http://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2022/0202/1277443-ni-checks/

UK Government saying they won't intervene, Irish Government saying this is a breach of international law.

Poots trying to rescue his political career after not being selected as a DUP candidate for South Down?
Poots sticking the Boots into the NIP... on 22:06 - Feb 2 with 616 viewsSwansea_Blue

Taking Back Control by not having any controls whatsoever? Interesting move.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Poots sticking the Boots into the NIP... on 22:23 - Feb 2 with 597 viewsWicklowBlue

Poots sticking the Boots into the NIP... on 22:06 - Feb 2 by Swansea_Blue

Taking Back Control by not having any controls whatsoever? Interesting move.

Political posturing from the DUP to stay relevant in the polls?

Everything I have seen is that NI Businesses are benefiting from their unique access to the single market.

Happy to be corrected...
Poots sticking the Boots into the NIP... on 22:26 - Feb 2 with 592 viewstractordownsouth

Poots sticking the Boots into the NIP... on 22:23 - Feb 2 by WicklowBlue

Everything I have seen is that NI Businesses are benefiting from their unique access to the single market.

Happy to be corrected...

I imagine your first line is correct, they've been leaking votes to TUV recently so going big on their opposition to the protocol will probably help regain some of those people.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Poots sticking the Boots into the NIP... on 23:51 - Feb 2 with 536 viewsXYZ

Watch how long it takes for Washington to call Whitehall and they change their minds ...
Poots sticking the Boots into the NIP... on 09:24 - Feb 3 with 415 viewsGuthrum

Suspect there may be an element of the personal stunt about it, too. This is the same Edwin Poots who became Leader of the DUP last summer and lasted less than three weeks before being forced into resignation by his own party.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Poots sticking the Boots into the NIP... on 09:30 - Feb 3 with 404 viewsHam_and_Eggs

Poots sticking the Boots into the NIP... on 09:24 - Feb 3 by Guthrum

Suspect there may be an element of the personal stunt about it, too. This is the same Edwin Poots who became Leader of the DUP last summer and lasted less than three weeks before being forced into resignation by his own party.

I'd imagine you're right, the DUP first minister has just resigned
Poots sticking the Boots into the NIP... on 09:31 - Feb 3 with 402 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poots sticking the Boots into the NIP... on 22:23 - Feb 2 by WicklowBlue

Happy to be corrected...

Undoubtedly I'd have thought. We don't seem to hear that much back over here in GB about the relative benefits that NI businesses have. Not hard to see why, although a sensible government might use that as a model to follow rather than bury it because it undermines their hard Brexit ideologist.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Poots sticking the Boots into the NIP... on 09:44 - Feb 3 with 387 viewsGuthrum

Poots sticking the Boots into the NIP... on 09:30 - Feb 3 by Ham_and_Eggs

I'd imagine you're right, the DUP first minister has just resigned

That's Givan, the man Poots appointed during his brief stint as leader. And the resignation seems to have been announced by none other than Poots himself.

Sounds like a personal attempt to bring down the Northern Ireland Executive (which it could easily do). After last time - when there was a lot of anger at intransigence preventing the formation of a new administration - that may not actually help the DUP's election prospects.

Login to get fewer ads

Poots sticking the Boots into the NIP... on 10:05 - Feb 3 with 358 viewsGuthrum

Poots sticking the Boots into the NIP... on 09:24 - Feb 3 by Guthrum

Further to this, apparently Poots is currently failing to be selected for his chosen constituency in May's NI elections. Looking more like a personal power-play to raise profile all the time.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024