Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So we're back to shoehorning players in to formations? 20:42 - Feb 5 with 1036 viewsSimonds92

Norwood currently in good form and actually commenting midweek he was no good playing on the wing earlier in his career was playing wide left, with Chaplin who's clearly a 10 played on the right with an extremely isolated Piggott (who did relatively well). We got away with one today, we still move the ball so slowly i have no idea why but its been the same for 4 different managers. The 2 in the middle are clearly not able to play together but Carroll was definitely the better of the 2 today, i think he's got to be given a run in the team with Morsy.
So we're back to shoehorning players in to formations? on 20:46 - Feb 5 with 968 viewsFrimleyBlue

The best performance under KM was Gills away

It had 2 cms. An Aluko in front of it and 2 central strikers close to each other. We ran the show and the availability of of players when team mates had the ball was incredible. Morsy and Aluko interchanging. Bonne, Norwood dropping and roaming when needed to ensure we have the ball high up the pitch, we then had Penney and Burns up and down the flanks.

We've not played that set up since.

I don't know why. And we've not played as well since.

We've won games so most don't care. Fair enough. But I still find it bizarre we got rid of a set up that seemed to tick all the boxes we needed for this squad.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So we're back to shoehorning players in to formations? on 20:48 - Feb 5 with 961 viewsJ2BLUE

McKenna creates a plan for the opposition. Sounds like he knew what sort of game it would be today. Will be interesting to see what team he picks for Doncaster although even they are showing some fight.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So we're back to shoehorning players in to formations? on 21:10 - Feb 5 with 879 viewsGarv

On Chaplin I don't particularly rate him as a number ten. He's more a second striker who can drop deep at times and link play. A lot of what he does outside the box doesn't come off, but he's pretty much deadly inside it, which is proving very helpful right now - two winning goals in a couple of weeks.

Hope he starts on Tuesday and can get into a run.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So we're back to shoehorning players in to formations? on 22:26 - Feb 5 with 770 viewsDavoIPB

Yep but didnt we go with that and get beaten by Bolton? Still think that team we played against gills at theirs is our strongest team. Set up all wrong with Burns at right back and Thompson carries no threat going forward.
So we're back to shoehorning players in to formations? on 22:35 - Feb 5 with 717 viewsArnieM

I get the horrible feeling McK will be constantly making changes to the team (4-5 players each game). I hope not coz it doesn’t help with continuity . We’re not a PL with a big squad ( now anyway ) so pick the best 11 and stick with them for a run of games .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So we're back to shoehorning players in to formations? on 22:42 - Feb 5 with 657 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

So we're back to shoehorning players in to formations? on 20:46 - Feb 5 by FrimleyBlue

The best performance under KM was Gills away

It had 2 cms. An Aluko in front of it and 2 central strikers close to each other. We ran the show and the availability of of players when team mates had the ball was incredible. Morsy and Aluko interchanging. Bonne, Norwood dropping and roaming when needed to ensure we have the ball high up the pitch, we then had Penney and Burns up and down the flanks.

We've not played that set up since.

I don't know why. And we've not played as well since.

We've won games so most don't care. Fair enough. But I still find it bizarre we got rid of a set up that seemed to tick all the boxes we needed for this squad.

Well we’ve tried playing with the same predictable formation and tactics every week and that didn’t work out did it.

I think we were incredibly poor today, however the amount of flouncing on here is ridiculous for a manager who’s won 5 out of 7 - he must have some some idea what he’s doing…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024