Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Random thoughts on todays game 23:35 - Feb 5 with 1259 viewsnodge_blue

- That was pretty poor. Passing out from the back was so laboured and not confident at all. If we cant pass it out from our own third easily then we just invite pressure.

- Norwood played out of position. Too wide. Didnt look very effective there.

- Piggott did ok in my book. But why don't we play some balls onto his head. And then pick up some knock downs. It was all to feet and too predictable.

- Failure to create anywhere near enough chances. Again.

- New left back looked a downgrade on Coulson. Hopefully he will get better. Their left back looked better!

- Edmundson less sure of himself in a back three.

- Carroll. How did he play for Spurs? Far too much sideways and back. No dribbling.

- Wolf. Good game. Ive been really impressed with him recently. He seems to have cut out the mistakes and solid. He's been the stand out defender to me.

- keeper did well. Looks solid. I like how he looks to get the ball forward with some urgency as well.

- Evans largely did ok but I felt played deeper again. Without Morsey he didnt seem to want to push forward very much.

- Great crowd for Gillingham. I hope the support keeps up as its so much better seeing the stadium fuller. But even the crowd couldn't really be bothered today. Maybe no one believes that we can get to POs.

- Despite it all we won. And theres alot to be said for winning.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 23:35]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Random thoughts on todays game on 23:40 - Feb 5 with 1212 viewsGarv

New left back is a downgrade on Penney on viewing so far let alone Coulson, so hopefully he improves.

Pitch looked dry so passing was never going to be very crisp, similar to Wednesday I'd say.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Random thoughts on todays game on 00:06 - Feb 6 with 1149 viewsWeirdFishes

Norwood never seemed to get in the game, was confused why we took off Pigott but left him on, thought Pigott was getting involved despite not everything coming off, really hope he gets a run of games.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Random thoughts on todays game on 08:13 - Feb 6 with 954 viewslazyblue

Random thoughts on todays game on 00:06 - Feb 6 by WeirdFishes

Norwood never seemed to get in the game, was confused why we took off Pigott but left him on, thought Pigott was getting involved despite not everything coming off, really hope he gets a run of games.

If Pigott had played amount of games Bonne has this season he would have more goals than Bonne, Pigott is a very good player. I can’t believe some of the criticism of him today.
Random thoughts on todays game on 08:45 - Feb 6 with 887 viewsRomeo4

Random thoughts on todays game on 08:13 - Feb 6 by lazyblue

If Pigott had played amount of games Bonne has this season he would have more goals than Bonne, Pigott is a very good player. I can’t believe some of the criticism of him today.

I hope Piggot gets a run of games now. He looked a tidy and intelligent player yesterday but just a bit rusty. Worth sticking with in my opinion. He’s our player after all.
Random thoughts on todays game on 08:55 - Feb 6 with 856 viewsDavoIPB

Random thoughts on todays game on 08:45 - Feb 6 by Romeo4

I hope Piggot gets a run of games now. He looked a tidy and intelligent player yesterday but just a bit rusty. Worth sticking with in my opinion. He’s our player after all.

He was awful. Touch was terrible. Nothing stuck to him. He was slow. Missed an open goal from 3 yards. Bonne looked a big upgrade when he came on. Touch much better, quicker and Norwood looked more comfortable with Bonne on the pitch.
Random thoughts on todays game on 08:59 - Feb 6 with 817 viewsDavoIPB

Random thoughts on todays game on 08:13 - Feb 6 by lazyblue

No he wouldn't. Pigott has played 6 or 7 games and scored once I think. He doesn't really look like scoring.
Random thoughts on todays game on 09:43 - Feb 6 with 742 viewsRomeo4

Random thoughts on todays game on 08:55 - Feb 6 by DavoIPB

He was awful. Touch was terrible. Nothing stuck to him. He was slow. Missed an open goal from 3 yards. Bonne looked a big upgrade when he came on. Touch much better, quicker and Norwood looked more comfortable with Bonne on the pitch.

He protected the ball in tight areas time and time again. He looks rusty. Wasn’t a great performance but then he wasn’t alone in that. He’s a proven goal scorer at this level and he’s our player. As much as I like Bonne, he’s struggling for confidence and may not be here next season. Piggot should get a run of games in my opinion.
Random thoughts on todays game on 10:38 - Feb 6 with 696 viewsDinDjarin

Random thoughts on todays game on 08:59 - Feb 6 by DavoIPB

No he wouldn't. Pigott has played 6 or 7 games and scored once I think. He doesn't really look like scoring.

What has Bonne got, 1 tap in in the last 14?

Bonne really is not that great and I dont get the hype.
Login to get fewer ads

Random thoughts on todays game on 11:23 - Feb 6 with 658 viewsTheBlueGnu

even more random, but less complex thought and much quicker to type would be.......................WE WON !

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

Random thoughts on todays game on 12:16 - Feb 6 with 612 viewsjayessess

Random thoughts on todays game on 09:43 - Feb 6 by Romeo4

He protected the ball in tight areas time and time again. He looks rusty. Wasn’t a great performance but then he wasn’t alone in that. He’s a proven goal scorer at this level and he’s our player. As much as I like Bonne, he’s struggling for confidence and may not be here next season. Piggot should get a run of games in my opinion.

He failed to hold the ball up more often than not. Improved marginally when the game stretched second half, but still didn't do anything useful with it.

Getting credit here for doing basics that Bonne does even in his worse games.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Random thoughts on todays game on 17:28 - Feb 6 with 493 viewsDavoIPB

Random thoughts on todays game on 12:16 - Feb 6 by jayessess

He failed to hold the ball up more often than not. Improved marginally when the game stretched second half, but still didn't do anything useful with it.

Getting credit here for doing basics that Bonne does even in his worse games.

Yep bonnes touch is better, passing better and general play with ball at feet better.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024