Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1962 Charity Shield Footage 19:39 - Feb 18 with 862 viewsRetroITFC

1962 Charity Shield Footage on 19:54 - Feb 18 with 812 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Didn't realise that it was played at PR and only moved to Wembley in 74. Also that is a really close camera angle. It is better quality than we get now on iFollow!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

1962 Charity Shield Footage on 19:58 - Feb 18 with 801 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Also that Crawford was our only international.

I wonder how many times the English Champions have had only 1 international in their ranks (or had someone else left?) and whether there has ever been one with none!

1962 Charity Shield Footage on 20:46 - Feb 18 with 740 viewsPJH

1962 Charity Shield Footage on 19:58 - Feb 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Also that Crawford was our only international.

I wonder how many times the English Champions have had only 1 international in their ranks (or had someone else left?) and whether there has ever been one with none!

Reserve centre forward Dermot Curtis was an RoI international but yes, Ray Crawford was our only first team international.
1962 Charity Shield Footage on 20:52 - Feb 18 with 724 viewsPhilTWTD

1962 Charity Shield Footage on 20:46 - Feb 18 by PJH

Reserve centre forward Dermot Curtis was an RoI international but yes, Ray Crawford was our only first team international.

And, of course, John Elsworthy had been called into the Wales squad for the 1958 World Cup but didn't make the trip and never won a cap.
1962 Charity Shield Footage on 21:16 - Feb 18 with 683 viewsSwansea_Blue

1962 Charity Shield Footage on 19:54 - Feb 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Didn't realise that it was played at PR and only moved to Wembley in 74. Also that is a really close camera angle. It is better quality than we get now on iFollow!

I didn’t realise they were played at one of the teams’ grounds either. Does anyone know if that was standard - the winners got the home advantage?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

1962 Charity Shield Footage on 21:24 - Feb 18 with 668 viewsNthsuffolkblue

1962 Charity Shield Footage on 21:16 - Feb 18 by Swansea_Blue

I didn’t realise they were played at one of the teams’ grounds either. Does anyone know if that was standard - the winners got the home advantage?

I assume it was the league winners as it was at PR. Winning the league has always been a bigger achievement than the cup.

1962 Charity Shield Footage on 21:29 - Feb 18 with 661 viewsPJH

1962 Charity Shield Footage on 21:16 - Feb 18 by Swansea_Blue

Yes, League Champions played F.A. Cup winners at home.

I think the year before with Spurs having done the double (THE LAST TIME THEY WON THE LEAGUE!) Spurs played an F.A. Select XI or something.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024