Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are 08:37 - Apr 3 with 3582 viewsunstableblue

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/stu-says-itfc-0-cambridge-united-1-880

Agree with everything he says

Ipswich are a ninth placed league one side, that is our position. We don’t score enough goals to be anything more. We have failed to beat the 4 promoted sides. A loss and draw against Cheltenham, a draw and loss against Cambridge, two defeats to Bolton and a pair of draws against Morecambe

We were outfought by Cambridge United.

Hopefully a wake up call for McKenna, the club and the fans. Need 4 or 5 very good signings this summer.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 9:01]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 19:28 - Apr 3 with 487 viewsBluearmy71

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 17:50 - Apr 3 by xrayspecs

Four points from games v Bolton, Morecambe, Cheltenham and Cambridge.

Two points from 12 for both Cook and McKenna.

And if Cook had won as many points as KM has it would look totally different, right?? Irrespective of the four teams you mention to give validity to your point!!
Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 19:35 - Apr 3 with 458 viewsBluearmy71

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 17:26 - Apr 3 by FrimleyBlue

It's been a strange period of the season for me.

The cleansheets have been incredible... can't knock it.
But it wasn't like we were a bottom of the table side who needed to sort it's defence out. We just needed something more going forwards which hasn't come. Something you can't really blame the early season results for I guess that's what I mean. We just kinda dried up to ensure we didn't concede which I'd understand if we were in a relegation battle rather than a promotion push. Should we have seen penney over Thompson. It may have upset the defensive set up.. but could it helped in the final third for example.

I think he's done a sterling job. But has he been a bit to cautious?

Ahhhhhhh totally understand your point now, I guess its just bad luck that all our strikers had goal droughts at the same time really, had that not happened then god know where we'd be right now!

Interesting you mention Penny & Thompson, I love Domonic's pace, energy and passion but for me his main fault is he has no end product to good work, he never really crosses mostly cuts it back, Penny on the other hand energy and pace a little down but equally as passionate and knows when to deliver a proper cross in, I'd stick with Penny tbh.
Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 20:25 - Apr 3 with 410 viewsxrayspecs

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 19:28 - Apr 3 by Bluearmy71

And if Cook had won as many points as KM has it would look totally different, right?? Irrespective of the four teams you mention to give validity to your point!!

And if KM had picked up more than two points from his four games against the promoted teams, we would be in the top six.

Too simplistic to blame it all on the start. We have poor results against the top six and the promoted sides since KMc took over.
Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 00:34 - Apr 4 with 350 viewsArnieM

Not sure how it’s a “ wake up call “ for McKenna. Suspect he’s fully aware of this squad limitations . The catch word has snd still is “ patience” , and more recently, work in progress . So I personally fully expect McKenna to tweak the squad he inherited from Cook. As Ashton said in his recent interview, those players have already been identified and is in hand .

Interesting summer ahead methinks. It’s more a case of the work in progress for McKenna, than a wake up call.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024