Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we now ok to move away from the thought process we just need a new striker? 15:53 - Apr 16 with 725 viewsSimonds92

We dont attack with significant numbers and create very very little. We need a lwb, a proper no.8 not a sitter, and if we're playing 2 attacking midfielders we need to bring in 1 who will actually support the striker and go beyond him rather than nice footwork 50 yards from goal. Personally I cannot understand why we can't have 2 up top with 1 number 10, which will actually create more space in the hole. Currently a top end championship striker would struggle with our setup.
Are we now ok to move away from the thought process we just need a new striker? on 15:58 - Apr 16 with 692 viewsGarv

If the striker is Harry Kane I think we'd do okay. We do need a new striker but need to also learn to score a goal that isn't a tap in.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Are we now ok to move away from the thought process we just need a new striker? on 16:02 - Apr 16 with 680 viewswrightsrightglove

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say that we only need one new striker, think the general consensus for a while has been that we need 2 strikers plus Jackson, a new LWB and a new partner for Morsy as a minimum. And that’s if McKenna intends to carry on with the current formation.
Are we now ok to move away from the thought process we just need a new striker? on 16:04 - Apr 16 with 660 viewsfooters

Are we now ok to move away from the thought process we just need a new striker? on 16:02 - Apr 16 by wrightsrightglove

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say that we only need one new striker, think the general consensus for a while has been that we need 2 strikers plus Jackson, a new LWB and a new partner for Morsy as a minimum. And that’s if McKenna intends to carry on with the current formation.

This entirely. Couple of new strikers, replacement for Carroll and a new LWB and we should be sorted. Evans to come back, Harper to be evaluated by KMac. And Celina on loan or perm tied down. That should be it as far as I can see.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Are we now ok to move away from the thought process we just need a new striker? on 16:07 - Apr 16 with 629 viewswrightsrightglove

Are we now ok to move away from the thought process we just need a new striker? on 16:04 - Apr 16 by footers

This entirely. Couple of new strikers, replacement for Carroll and a new LWB and we should be sorted. Evans to come back, Harper to be evaluated by KMac. And Celina on loan or perm tied down. That should be it as far as I can see.

That’s how I see it.
Are we now ok to move away from the thought process we just need a new striker? on 19:42 - Apr 16 with 485 viewsSimonds92

Are we now ok to move away from the thought process we just need a new striker? on 16:02 - Apr 16 by wrightsrightglove

I've seen the general consensus that Bakinson is worth signing and that we're happy with Celina Chaplin and Aluko. I quite like the last 3 but being ruthless are they the correct players for us in the current formation.
Are we now ok to move away from the thought process we just need a new striker? on 19:58 - Apr 16 with 460 viewswrightsrightglove

Are we now ok to move away from the thought process we just need a new striker? on 19:42 - Apr 16 by Simonds92

I've seen the general consensus that Bakinson is worth signing and that we're happy with Celina Chaplin and Aluko. I quite like the last 3 but being ruthless are they the correct players for us in the current formation.

Those three are ridiculous at this level, but the style of play and formation needs a striker playing on the shoulder and drawing defenders out of position to open up space for the other two attackers. That’s why it was working fairly well with Jackson up front. If we can secure a better version of Jackson and something a bit different then we’ll see a lot more goals from them I think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024