Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EuroMillions is just farcical isn’t it? 11:14 - May 19 with 3327 viewspointofblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-61495849

Imagine the impact on lives if they gave 184 million people £1m instead?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

EuroMillions is just farcical isn’t it? on 11:38 - May 20 with 587 viewsblueasfook

EuroMillions is just farcical isn’t it? on 11:38 - May 19 by J2BLUE

No idea why they would go public.

If I won that sort of money, the best day would be sitting down with a notepad working out who I was going to give £170m of it away to.

Sure you would. I'd be sitting down with a notepad working out what I could buy with £185m.

How much is ITFC?

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

EuroMillions is just farcical isn’t it? on 12:58 - May 20 with 562 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

EuroMillions is just farcical isn’t it? on 13:25 - May 19 by J2BLUE

DOND is a fascinating study in humans. The fact that a game of chance could be that long running truly is amazing.

All the BS about strategies and people saying sorry if they opened their random box and it was a high number used to irritate the hell out of me.

Holding hands and repeatedly chanting ‘blue blue blue’ as if that had any influence on the game whatsoever used to do it for me. Kinda like how I imagine singing in the Cobbold stand goes.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

EuroMillions is just farcical isn’t it? on 13:01 - May 20 with 553 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

EuroMillions is just farcical isn’t it? on 21:09 - May 19 by J2BLUE

Not sure there's anything more galling than smug lottery winners when it's this sort of amount. Who cares what they are going to do with it?

"we've been ready to win for years"

Oh really? You've ben '"ready" to win £184m? That must have taken a lot of preparation.

I saw an article the other day about two lottery winners from Belfast who have given over half of their wins away by forming their own charity. Was quite a haewrtwarming read so looked them up. The woman went on This Morning to do and interview about it and I thought she came across brilliantly

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

EuroMillions is just farcical isn’t it? on 13:44 - May 20 with 526 viewsJ2BLUE

EuroMillions is just farcical isn’t it? on 11:38 - May 20 by blueasfook

Sure you would. I'd be sitting down with a notepad working out what I could buy with £185m.

How much is ITFC?

I only really want my freedom from having to work and having my time dictated by an employer. £10m would be way more than enough. To be able to give freedom to family and friends would be worth more than any piece of material crap.

Then I would be able to work for free helping causes I am passionate about.

Doesn’t matter anyway as I very rarely play the lottery.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

EuroMillions is just farcical isn’t it? on 14:18 - May 20 with 505 viewsjeera

EuroMillions is just farcical isn’t it? on 13:44 - May 20 by J2BLUE

I only really want my freedom from having to work and having my time dictated by an employer. £10m would be way more than enough. To be able to give freedom to family and friends would be worth more than any piece of material crap.

Then I would be able to work for free helping causes I am passionate about.

Doesn’t matter anyway as I very rarely play the lottery.

I would put that kind of money into a project aimed at getting folk off the streets and into a safer environment.

With proper support, access to legal advice and to basic educational and training facilities for those who need it.

There's enough there to make one site happen, show it could work and then present it as a model to build upon.

I would also put some aside for a private detective to do some research on any local council staff who tried to oppose it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

EuroMillions is just farcical isn’t it? on 14:21 - May 20 with 504 viewsSTYG

EuroMillions is just farcical isn’t it? on 13:01 - May 20 by The_Romford_Blue

I saw an article the other day about two lottery winners from Belfast who have given over half of their wins away by forming their own charity. Was quite a haewrtwarming read so looked them up. The woman went on This Morning to do and interview about it and I thought she came across brilliantly

That would absolutely be me.

I'd buy a nice house, ensure that my close family and friends were sorted mortgage wise and give them all a decent amount to enjoy and the rest would be banked to live off the interest.

I'd set a fund up and move an amount into each year and split my time 50/50 between seeing the world and enjoying myself and looking for projects to donate to and help out with.

I'd get far more pleasure from being able to help a sick child get an operation they needed or helping keep some hard working family business afloat when it's been hit by circumstances out of their control than driving around in a supercar or whatever. What's it a symbol of? That your numbers luckily came out instead of everyone elses?

You're not showing off your hard work to build up a company, you are showing off the same sort of luck that determined whether you were born rich or poor in the first place.

Being honest, for £5m you could have a dream home with everything you wanted, pay off the mortgages or all your friends and family, take them all on an amazing holiday once a year and hand out massive sums to all the nice people you've met, worked with and so on and the rest of that money could make a real difference across the country or world in cancer research, food banks, whatever it was you felt a need to try and help resolve.

Having a few hundred million is just vulgar. Nobody needs anything close to that. It's all just egotistical at that stage to be richer than the next incredibly wealthy person? Why?

It's like these people that have companies worth hundreds of millions and they work and work and work and keel over at 55 having never spent any time with their families. At a much earlier stage I'd take my few million and go and enjoy life.

The whole point of working is surely to have that financial stability or freedom to enjoy life. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than being able to help other decent people out and the woman you speak of just comes across as an absolutely magnificent person.
EuroMillions is just farcical isn’t it? on 16:08 - May 20 with 468 viewsJ2BLUE

EuroMillions is just farcical isn’t it? on 14:21 - May 20 by STYG

That would absolutely be me.

I'd buy a nice house, ensure that my close family and friends were sorted mortgage wise and give them all a decent amount to enjoy and the rest would be banked to live off the interest.

I'd set a fund up and move an amount into each year and split my time 50/50 between seeing the world and enjoying myself and looking for projects to donate to and help out with.

I'd get far more pleasure from being able to help a sick child get an operation they needed or helping keep some hard working family business afloat when it's been hit by circumstances out of their control than driving around in a supercar or whatever. What's it a symbol of? That your numbers luckily came out instead of everyone elses?

You're not showing off your hard work to build up a company, you are showing off the same sort of luck that determined whether you were born rich or poor in the first place.

Being honest, for £5m you could have a dream home with everything you wanted, pay off the mortgages or all your friends and family, take them all on an amazing holiday once a year and hand out massive sums to all the nice people you've met, worked with and so on and the rest of that money could make a real difference across the country or world in cancer research, food banks, whatever it was you felt a need to try and help resolve.

Having a few hundred million is just vulgar. Nobody needs anything close to that. It's all just egotistical at that stage to be richer than the next incredibly wealthy person? Why?

It's like these people that have companies worth hundreds of millions and they work and work and work and keel over at 55 having never spent any time with their families. At a much earlier stage I'd take my few million and go and enjoy life.

The whole point of working is surely to have that financial stability or freedom to enjoy life. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than being able to help other decent people out and the woman you speak of just comes across as an absolutely magnificent person.

+1

I always see these CEO salary packages of £12m etc and wonder why they bother continuing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

EuroMillions is just farcical isn’t it? on 16:15 - May 20 with 463 viewsSTYG

EuroMillions is just farcical isn’t it? on 16:08 - May 20 by J2BLUE

+1

I always see these CEO salary packages of £12m etc and wonder why they bother continuing.

Can only be about ego and being on some rich list. Being able to laugh that you're worth £168m and your mate is only worth £144m.

I mean seriously, what do these people want and need from life? The admiration of a load of other rich people or to know people are jealous of them?

Surely every single person on this planet wants to be happy? What is happiness? Comfort? Being able to do things you love? Eating nice food? Going nice places? Adventure? Adrenaline rushes to make you feel alive? How is it possibly having more money that you could ever spend and then adding more?

I remember a video someone posted on YouTube years ago as some publicity stunt at some gala fundraising thing where it was some posh buffet and this person basically just kept piling more and more and more stuff onto their plate until it was falling off and one of the hosts / people who'd thrown it got really irate as they were never going to eat it and the person basically just pointed out it was all they were doing with their wealth. Didn't look like one of these badly acted staged videos, but in hindsight it probably was some preachy bs staged nonsense. Nonetheless, the message stuck with me.

These people would rather have their plate stacked high with no capability or intention of eating it all whilst others go hungry for what purpose? Why not take the absolute most you'd ever need and leave a little for the rest?
[Post edited 20 May 2022 16:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024