Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
El Miz and Dobra 16:58 - May 28 with 907 viewsITFC_96

Should we really be letting go of young players who have shown potential at this level? Dobra now apparently training with the national team for Albania (who were not far off qualifying for the Euros) and El Miz with a previous appearance for Tunisia.

Yes, they haven't had many chances in the team because of our situation (and also Colchester's situation last season) and needing results quickly, but I fail to see what we gain by letting them leave when they could be assets and get some solid experience in the cup competitions or off the bench. I just refuse to believe that there aren't players in them.

It's like Will Keane or even Drinan leaving (or several others to be honest) and suddenly turning into decent players.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 17:00]
El Miz and Dobra on 17:04 - May 28 with 865 viewswrightsrightglove

Honestly, if they’re not going to be featuring in our first team, either starting or on the bench, then the answer is ‘yes, we should let them go’. That’s for both ourselves and the players themselves, they need to go out and forge a, hopefully successful, career for themselves and we should slap a decent sell on clause on their sale and get them off the wage bill. It’s not right, or sensible, to keep hold of players if they’re not going to get a chance in the first team and it doesn’t look like that will be the case.
El Miz and Dobra on 17:08 - May 28 with 836 viewsITFC_96

El Miz and Dobra on 17:04 - May 28 by wrightsrightglove

Honestly, if they’re not going to be featuring in our first team, either starting or on the bench, then the answer is ‘yes, we should let them go’. That’s for both ourselves and the players themselves, they need to go out and forge a, hopefully successful, career for themselves and we should slap a decent sell on clause on their sale and get them off the wage bill. It’s not right, or sensible, to keep hold of players if they’re not going to get a chance in the first team and it doesn’t look like that will be the case.

That's true, but it would be a shame to see two players leave and possibly fulfill their potential when we couldn't see it. There's been a problem the past couple years with consistency. Our squad has been torn up twice at this point and we haven't got any better for it in my opinion. It's like people want another reset of players at the club to bring in more who "have" potential when they may not be any better than those we already have.
El Miz and Dobra on 17:09 - May 28 with 832 viewsRegencyBlue

To be brutally frank if we are serious about promotion we need better!
El Miz and Dobra on 17:12 - May 28 with 822 viewswkj

The time to show promise and potential is over, it is time to show consistency and ability. Both Dobra and El Miz are decent, but we need more than decent if we're getting out of this hellhole of a league.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 17:13]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

El Miz and Dobra on 17:16 - May 28 with 812 viewswrightsrightglove

El Miz and Dobra on 17:08 - May 28 by ITFC_96

That's true, but it would be a shame to see two players leave and possibly fulfill their potential when we couldn't see it. There's been a problem the past couple years with consistency. Our squad has been torn up twice at this point and we haven't got any better for it in my opinion. It's like people want another reset of players at the club to bring in more who "have" potential when they may not be any better than those we already have.

Partly it would be a shame but I think I would rather that than them rotting in the under-23s. I think KMK has had enough time to look at El Miz and will be aware of his potential and where he does or doesn’t fit in the squad and unfortunately everyone hoped Dobs would tear it up at Colchester but that didn’t happen and so that maybe says how helpful he’ll be this season in getting us promoted. That might be completely wrong but it is absolutely vital that we get out of this league and potential isn’t enough for us at the moment unfortunately.
El Miz and Dobra on 17:21 - May 28 with 789 viewsVeggie

For too long we have held onto too many players that were apparently going to make the grade but never did. We need to stop the era of averageness and holding out hope that all our academy products are stars of the future. We need to slim the playing staff numbers down and concentrate on quality not quantity.
El Miz and Dobra on 17:26 - May 28 with 757 viewsParisBlue

Dobra has just turned 21. Still young, get him back for pre-season and at worst another loan. Still a bit lightweight but that can change.

El-Miz is a year older. Signed a new contract last year till 2024. Useful cover but may be one we need to move on.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

El Miz and Dobra on 22:02 - May 28 with 599 viewshave_a_word_with_him

The "but they might turn out to be good" argument isn't really a great one. You don't know with any more certainty than the bloke who sells the big issue outside the local Co-Op if they will be a cracking first team player. So let it go, and just make a note to come back in a few years to say "I told you so", or not...
And btw, Drinan didn't turn into a decent player, he just dropped a level and was more suited. I note you didn't mention Judge, Skuse, Hawkins (who got played in defence), Kenlock, Bishop, Chambers, Sears, etc etc etc, who really didn't prove anyone wrong on the choice to let them go...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024