Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dr Dan may be planning a letter, or not... you decide 17:49 - May 30 with 853 viewswkj

Copy and paste

===

Dr Daniel Poulter MP <daniel.poulter.mp@parliament.uk>
4:07 PM (1 hour ago)
to me

Dear Mr WKJ,

Following the publication of the Sue Gray report, I would like to provide you with an update in relation to the gatherings that took place at 10 Downing Street and across Whitehall during the Covid pandemic.

Many people have also written to me about the Police investigation into the leader of the Labour Party, Sir Keir Starmer, and other senior Labour Party figures, for an incident of alleged Covid rule-breaking in County Durham. I am sure that you will appreciate that it would not be appropriate for me to comment further upon this matter whilst there is an ongoing Police investigation.

As you will be aware, I am an NHS hospital doctor. Throughout the Covid pandemic I was working in hospitals and caring for patients with Covid. I cared for a number of patients who would still have been alive and with us today if it was not for Covid. Like many people, I obeyed the rules, and I am as unhappy as you are that people in very senior positions in both the Civil Service and in politics appear to have breached the very same rules they were making for others to follow.

However, there is a much bigger issue at stake which is of trust and integrity in high public office. The most serious charge against the Prime Minister is that of knowingly misleading parliament. Given the scale of rule-breaking in No.10 and across Whitehall that has now been confirmed by the Sue Gray report, I find it difficult to accept that the Prime Minister was unaware. His repeated assurances in Parliament that there was no rule-breaking lack credibility.

The principle of our constitution is that we can trust the responses that we receive in Parliament from those in ministerial or Prime Ministerial office to be truthful and accurate. To knowingly mislead Parliament cannot be tolerated, no matter what the issue may be. It is a matter of principle that a minister who knowingly misleads Parliament should resign and this principle should also apply to the Prime Minister. Whether or not the Prime Minister is an asset to the country is of less importance. You will be aware that the Parliamentary Privileges Committee is currently investigating the conduct of the Prime Minister as to whether or not he has misled Parliament.

I have always said that I would consider all the available evidence before coming to a conclusion. I am sure you will understand that I do not intend to pass a running commentary on each and every latest development or whether or not I have submitted/withdrawn a letter to the Chairman of the 1922 Committee.

The Privileges Committee inquiry into the conduct of the Prime Minister is ongoing, as is the Police Investigation into Sir Keir Starmer and other senior members of the Labour Party.

Thank you once again for contacting me about these important issues.

With best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Dan

Dr Daniel Poulter MP Llb (hons), MBBS, AKC, MRCPsych
Member of Parliament for Central Suffolk and North Ipswich

www.drdanielpoulter.com

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Dr Dan may be planning a letter, or not... you decide on 18:00 - May 30 with 795 viewsfactual_blue

He won't then.

Note how he tries to make it all about Keir Starmer, but realises that won't work.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Dr Dan may be planning a letter, or not... you decide on 18:00 - May 30 with 786 viewsSwansea_Blue

Did you specifically ask about Starmer’s alleged rule breaking at a time when the rules allowed indoor constituency meetings, including feeding of the people attending? Or is that just a quality piece of whataboutery and attempt to create equivalence between proven* illegal gatherings and and a separate alleged breach already investigated and dismissed once?

The can’t help themselves can they. Always deflecting, always campaigning.

*proven in that the FPNs are action short of prosecution only to reduce workload on the police & courts.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dr Dan may be planning a letter, or not... you decide on 18:06 - May 30 with 767 viewswkj

Dr Dan may be planning a letter, or not... you decide on 18:00 - May 30 by Swansea_Blue

Did you specifically ask about Starmer’s alleged rule breaking at a time when the rules allowed indoor constituency meetings, including feeding of the people attending? Or is that just a quality piece of whataboutery and attempt to create equivalence between proven* illegal gatherings and and a separate alleged breach already investigated and dismissed once?

The can’t help themselves can they. Always deflecting, always campaigning.

*proven in that the FPNs are action short of prosecution only to reduce workload on the police & courts.

In my email, I said that I am aware of the stories around Sir Keir Starmer and am satisfied with his stance to resign if the investigation deems the event as rule-breaking. I then went on to mention that Sir Keir Starmer isn't the person running the country, however.

I also mentioned what I wish some sodding MP said in the HOC - If Mr Johnson is unaware of things transpiring in his office, how are we to trust he has any idea what is going on in the country and the legal system of the country he governs.

Crybaby

Dr Dan may be planning a letter, or not... you decide on 18:17 - May 30 with 744 viewsfactual_blue

Dr Dan may be planning a letter, or not... you decide on 18:06 - May 30 by wkj

In my email, I said that I am aware of the stories around Sir Keir Starmer and am satisfied with his stance to resign if the investigation deems the event as rule-breaking. I then went on to mention that Sir Keir Starmer isn't the person running the country, however.

I also mentioned what I wish some sodding MP said in the HOC - If Mr Johnson is unaware of things transpiring in his office, how are we to trust he has any idea what is going on in the country and the legal system of the country he governs.

And what sort of weirdo doesn't know what's going on in his own house.

poulter also seems like a decent bloke. But then local comparisons are against halfcock, coffey, hunt etc.

I guess he's just the valuable piece of pure in the nightsoil.

You can do your own research on the analogy.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Dr Dan may be planning a letter, or not... you decide on 18:19 - May 30 with 735 viewswkj

Dr Dan may be planning a letter, or not... you decide on 18:17 - May 30 by factual_blue

And what sort of weirdo doesn't know what's going on in his own house.

poulter also seems like a decent bloke. But then local comparisons are against halfcock, coffey, hunt etc.

I guess he's just the valuable piece of pure in the nightsoil.

You can do your own research on the analogy.

As far as local constituents goes, he is fairly decent. He's just working as an NHS doctor for a party that want to bin off the NHS - as well as backing brexit.

Crybaby

Dr Dan may be planning a letter, or not... you decide on 18:22 - May 30 with 725 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dr Dan may be planning a letter, or not... you decide on 18:06 - May 30 by wkj

Ah, fair enough. So maybe it was tailored to your email and not just a stock deflection. Spot on second para, but then they all know he’s useless. As long as he’s a vote winner they’ll keep ignoring his many, many faults. Seems like the wind is shifting though doesn’t it. The unrest in the party is definitely building (in HoC and grass roots).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dr Dan may be planning a letter, or not... you decide on 18:57 - May 30 with 646 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Seems to me as if he has moved on from "wait for the Met investigation to finish", through "wait for the Sue Gray report" to now "wait for the PPC investigation to conclude".

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Dr Dan may be planning a letter, or not... you decide on 20:53 - May 30 with 548 viewsHARRY10

Dr Dan may be planning a letter, or not... you decide on 18:57 - May 30 by You_Bloo_Right

Seems to me as if he has moved on from "wait for the Met investigation to finish", through "wait for the Sue Gray report" to now "wait for the PPC investigation to conclude".

The trickle is now becoming a flood as constituency chairmen are joining councillors (as well as MPs) in openly calling for the incompetent shyster to go. This evening we have -

"Several Tory MPs told the Guardian they believed the threshold of 54 letters withdrawing support for Johnson was close to being crossed — or may have been already. "

They have finally grasped that fatboy neither has no idea of how to sort anything out, nor the interest to either. Rather than be at the heart of the matter, he much prefers the safety of taking his official photographers to some business where he can be we photographed leering into the camera.

No word on the chaos at the ports, the cost of living crisis or the dire shortage of labour. either. The last minute help offered on Thursday was little more than a hurriedly cobbled together package of something he and his toadies has long railed against - a windfall tax. An attempt at a distraction from the Sue Gray report that was so rushed that it has given money to the wealthy but meant nothing for many of the low earners who do need help nor is there any idea of how it is to be repaid.

That this has been his stock in trade since he was first elected MP has gone unnoticed by voters, and ignored by fellow Tory politicians, though not those watching him. Not since Gazza was made manager of Kettering Town FC, has one person been less suited for a position - be it MP, Mayor, Foreign Sec or now PM.

And now those who inflicted this clueless chancer upon us, those who against all reason advice inflicted brexit on the country are now running scared, because the reality of what they caused means they will lose their jobs, and what goes with those jobs.

This sudden change of heart is not about any concern for the poor, or even the country. They are Tories, they never have cared for either.

It is about saving their own skin - until the next time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024