Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This transfer window 19:29 - Jun 1 with 1132 viewsgtsb1966

Seems a lot more thought out than last year already. Don't get me wrong I was totally caught up with it all and it felt like being a kid at Xmas. Now we've seen you can't just buy your way out of this league it certainly looks like we're are doing things in a more measured way than before. I know some want the one big name signing but it doesn't seem to work like that especially in this league. It's about building a team. Rotherham, Wigan etc have proved that.
This transfer window on 19:32 - Jun 1 with 1099 viewswkj

It certainly seems to be focussing on the areas we need. We seemed to sign an awful load of players in similar positions in one fell swoop last year whilst leaving the gaping holes in defence quite late That said, Edmundson was one of the best signings of the season so there is that.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This transfer window on 19:59 - Jun 1 with 990 viewsSitfcB

I wonder if these players were contacted prior to the season ending to snap them up first.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

This transfer window on 20:02 - Jun 1 with 975 viewswkj

This transfer window on 19:59 - Jun 1 by SitfcB

I wonder if these players were contacted prior to the season ending to snap them up first.

I think you're allowed to talk to players after the January window if their contract is up during the following summer, so possibly.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This transfer window on 20:20 - Jun 1 with 891 viewsChurchman

This transfer window on 19:32 - Jun 1 by wkj

It certainly seems to be focussing on the areas we need. We seemed to sign an awful load of players in similar positions in one fell swoop last year whilst leaving the gaping holes in defence quite late That said, Edmundson was one of the best signings of the season so there is that.

It seems more structured and targeted than last season. The problem with the bomb squad nonsense was that they were left with scrambling to bring in people on the list with a hope you could form a team with them later. In retrospect, doing anything in the first few months of the season was a tall order.

On the upside, some good players to form the basis of the coming season’s team were brought in.
This transfer window on 20:37 - Jun 1 with 847 viewsxrayspecs

This transfer window on 19:59 - Jun 1 by SitfcB

Yes. Our recruitment for this window would have started a long time ago.

I understand that the team are looking not just at the next window but further ahead.
This transfer window on 22:34 - Jun 1 with 681 viewsRadioOrwell

This transfer window on 20:37 - Jun 1 by xrayspecs

Yes. Our recruitment for this window would have started a long time ago.

I understand that the team are looking not just at the next window but further ahead.

I was impressed how we didn't do a splurge on a bunch of signings in Jan for a last minute promotion grab.
We all know a few people who might have tried that - and failed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024