Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some strident rock for a Saturday night 22:19 - Jun 4 with 1019 viewsWeWereZombies

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Some strident rock for a Saturday night on 22:26 - Jun 4 with 989 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Some strident rock for a Saturday night on 22:43 - Jun 4 with 939 viewsDubtractor

This is new, it is heavy, and it is dead good.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Some strident rock for a Saturday night on 22:54 - Jun 4 with 909 viewsJamestownPrince

Some strident rock for a Saturday night on 23:04 - Jun 4 with 885 viewsHARRY10

Some strident rock for a Saturday night on 22:54 - Jun 4 by JamestownPrince

Blimey, Eurovision comes round quickly

barely seems a year since the last one
Some strident rock for a Saturday night on 23:28 - Jun 4 with 853 viewsCaptainAhab

Some strident rock for a Saturday night on 22:43 - Jun 4 by Dubtractor

The new Cave In album is brilliant. Very Soundgarden in places but heavy as hell
Some strident rock for a Saturday night on 23:39 - Jun 4 with 834 viewsWeWereZombies

Some strident rock for a Saturday night on 22:43 - Jun 4 by Dubtractor

Saw Cave In supporting The Foo Fighters at Wembley Arena more than twenty years ago, good to see that they are still making an excellent racket.

The Walt Disco track is because I saw them last weekend at Bearded Theory, went round to the Woodland Stage just because of their punning name and stayed for the whole set. Also saw The Hives on Sunday for the first time on more than twenty years (way too long) and even more criminally it is forty seven years since I saw this lad when he was in Dr. Feelgood supporting The Pretty Things plus Heads, Hands and Feet at Ipswich Civic College:

Norman Watt-Roy on bass, Dylan Howe on drums, very happy crowd on the Friday night.

Some strident rock for a Saturday night on 13:28 - Jun 5 with 653 viewsGuthrum

Saw part of their set last weekend at Bearded Theory. On the same stage watched these:

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Some strident rock for a Saturday night on 19:16 - Jun 5 with 598 viewsWeWereZombies

Some strident rock for a Saturday night on 13:28 - Jun 5 by Guthrum

Saw part of their set last weekend at Bearded Theory. On the same stage watched these:

So Walt Disco had two Town supporters watching them but oblivious to each other's presence. If I had realised that Blackballed were that good I would have broken away from Dubioza Kolektiv before the end of their set. The Woodland Stage did seem to be much more lively than the Pallet (but with honourable exceptions for Patti Smith, The Hives, Misty in Roots and The Mission. I was there later that day to see some of Little Comets (who were good) and I tried to get into Fat White Family but decided to see all of Placebo, who were uninspiring until they finished with 'Running Up That Hill', which meant that I missed the start of Wilko Johnson.

Login to get fewer ads

Some strident rock for a Saturday night on 20:09 - Jun 5 with 581 viewsGuthrum

Some strident rock for a Saturday night on 19:16 - Jun 5 by WeWereZombies

So Walt Disco had two Town supporters watching them but oblivious to each other's presence. If I had realised that Blackballed were that good I would have broken away from Dubioza Kolektiv before the end of their set. The Woodland Stage did seem to be much more lively than the Pallet (but with honourable exceptions for Patti Smith, The Hives, Misty in Roots and The Mission. I was there later that day to see some of Little Comets (who were good) and I tried to get into Fat White Family but decided to see all of Placebo, who were uninspiring until they finished with 'Running Up That Hill', which meant that I missed the start of Wilko Johnson.

Patti Smith* was possibly my outstanding moment of the festival (if very nervous to start). Hives were fun, nice to finally see the Mission live after 30-odd years. Didn't even try to get into Woodland to see Wilko Johnson, as assumed it would be rammed.

I was there with a bunch of Doonicans fans, so saw them several times in various combinations. Plus Blyth Power. And some lively stuff in the Tea Tent.

* I had seen her once previously, 24 years ago.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Some strident rock for a Saturday night on 20:29 - Jun 5 with 567 viewsWeWereZombies

Some strident rock for a Saturday night on 20:09 - Jun 5 by Guthrum

Patti Smith* was possibly my outstanding moment of the festival (if very nervous to start). Hives were fun, nice to finally see the Mission live after 30-odd years. Didn't even try to get into Woodland to see Wilko Johnson, as assumed it would be rammed.

I was there with a bunch of Doonicans fans, so saw them several times in various combinations. Plus Blyth Power. And some lively stuff in the Tea Tent.

* I had seen her once previously, 24 years ago.

I accosted Scott Doonican as I was on the way to see The Hives and pitched a song idea to him, fully expecting a 'thanks and piss off' yawn but he said 'We've been looking for a song about fly tipping', so now I will have to go and see them again just in case it makes it into the set.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024