Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RMT announce Network Rail (and 13 Train Operating Companies) strike 16:21 - Jun 7 with 1447 viewshatch

Tuesday 21st June, Thursday 23rd June, Saturday 25th June.

I would suggest planning as if the railway is closed Tuesday-Sunday that week as barely anything will run.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2022 12:37]
RMT announce Network Rail strike on 16:31 - Jun 7 with 1381 viewsSitfcB

Even on the days there’s no strike? Going to Wembley on Friday 24th for Ed Sheeran, was thinking we’d been lucky!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

RMT announce Network Rail strike on 16:34 - Jun 7 with 1364 viewshatch

RMT announce Network Rail strike on 16:31 - Jun 7 by SitfcB

Even on the days there’s no strike? Going to Wembley on Friday 24th for Ed Sheeran, was thinking we’d been lucky!

You’ll manage it but they arrange alternate day strikes as a common ploy to maximise disruption as all the rolling stock will be in the wrong place and it’s extremely difficult to start a reliable service back up. Historically the service doesn’t get back to anything close to normal till gone midday and even then it’s iffy.

I’d be more concerned for those heading to Glastonbury that week…
RMT announce Network Rail (and 15 Train Operating Companies) strike on 16:48 - Jun 7 with 1276 viewsRadlett_blue

Hmm...supposed to be getting a train back from Gatwick to Radlett at 5pm on 22nd June. Hope I've dodged a bullet!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

RMT announce Network Rail (and 15 Train Operating Companies) strike on 17:43 - Jun 7 with 1161 viewshatch

RMT announce Network Rail (and 15 Train Operating Companies) strike on 16:48 - Jun 7 by Radlett_blue

Hmm...supposed to be getting a train back from Gatwick to Radlett at 5pm on 22nd June. Hope I've dodged a bullet!

GTR (Southern, Thameslink, Gatwick Express) didn't get a mandate to strike as their members voted for action short of a strike. So you may have a little more luck there but it still depends on which Network Rail staff strike i.e. signallers in that area.
RMT announce Network Rail (and 15 Train Operating Companies) strike on 17:45 - Jun 7 with 1154 viewsChondzoresk

This includes all network rail engineers. So no track repairs/improvements.
RMT announce Network Rail (and 15 Train Operating Companies) strike on 12:36 - Jun 8 with 948 viewshatch

Just for everyone's awareness - I understand that shifts that FINISH during the shift days are also striking - so even on the days in between there will be no depot staff at night to manage the trains. Therefore I expect strike plans to remain broadly the same Tuesday-Sunday of w/c 20th June. i.e. 20% of service (I think this is generous) on each of those days.

I would do all you can to avoid the railway that week.
RMT announce Network Rail (and 15 Train Operating Companies) strike on 12:52 - Jun 8 with 902 viewsJon_456

RMT announce Network Rail (and 15 Train Operating Companies) strike on 12:36 - Jun 8 by hatch

Just for everyone's awareness - I understand that shifts that FINISH during the shift days are also striking - so even on the days in between there will be no depot staff at night to manage the trains. Therefore I expect strike plans to remain broadly the same Tuesday-Sunday of w/c 20th June. i.e. 20% of service (I think this is generous) on each of those days.

I would do all you can to avoid the railway that week.

Will the tube be affected for all those days mentioned? I’m sure I read something the other day that they were only striking on the 21st.
RMT announce Network Rail (and 15 Train Operating Companies) strike on 12:52 - Jun 8 with 901 viewshatch

RMT announce Network Rail (and 15 Train Operating Companies) strike on 12:52 - Jun 8 by Jon_456

Will the tube be affected for all those days mentioned? I’m sure I read something the other day that they were only striking on the 21st.

Correct- tube is 21st only.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024