Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Umbro confirmed 10:47 - Jun 14 with 4003 viewswkj

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Umbro confirmed on 10:49 - Jun 14 with 3074 viewswkj

Also, I think Celina might be the last player in frame on this video, so, tinfoil hattery of a happy nature commences.

Umbro confirmed on 10:50 - Jun 14 with 3073 viewsElderGrizzly

With someone spotting the design of the kit here

Umbro confirmed on 10:51 - Jun 14 with 3051 viewswkj

Umbro confirmed on 10:50 - Jun 14 by ElderGrizzly

Im really fond of the darker shade of blue if this is going to be a lighter navy blue.

Umbro confirmed on 10:52 - Jun 14 with 3030 viewsBLUEBEAT

Funny watching that clip as it evokes more memories of Adidas than any other brand.

Poll: W or W

Umbro confirmed on 10:57 - Jun 14 with 2937 viewsbringbacktheglory

Umbro confirmed on 10:49 - Jun 14 by wkj

Also, I think Celina might be the last player in frame on this video, so, tinfoil hattery of a happy nature commences.

I wish that were true, I really hope he comes. I’m pretty sure it’s Evans vs Doncaster!
Umbro confirmed on 10:58 - Jun 14 with 2913 viewswkj

Umbro confirmed on 10:57 - Jun 14 by bringbacktheglory

I wish that were true, I really hope he comes. I’m pretty sure it’s Evans vs Doncaster!

My eyes might be crap (impaired by wishful thinking)

Though I think you're right.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 10:59]

Umbro confirmed on 11:00 - Jun 14 with 2886 viewsSamuelowen88

Umbro confirmed on 10:58 - Jun 14 by wkj

Isn't it Celina scoring the goal just before that?

[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 11:01]

Poll: England v Wales Score

Umbro confirmed on 11:02 - Jun 14 with 2853 viewsSamWhiteUK

Umbro confirmed on 10:58 - Jun 14 by wkj

That's most definitely Evans
Login to get fewer ads

Umbro confirmed on 11:03 - Jun 14 with 2840 viewswkj

Umbro confirmed on 11:00 - Jun 14 by Samuelowen88

Isn't it Celina scoring the goal just before that?

[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 11:01]

Celina and Chaplin on the 44s mark. It probably means nothing, but wishful thinking wont allow pragmatism right now.

Umbro confirmed on 11:05 - Jun 14 with 2796 viewsle2blue

Umbro confirmed on 11:03 - Jun 14 by wkj

Celina and Chaplin on the 44s mark. It probably means nothing, but wishful thinking wont allow pragmatism right now.

It’s one of the women players, can’t recall her name.
Umbro confirmed on 11:12 - Jun 14 with 2712 viewsgreyhound

Umbro confirmed on 10:50 - Jun 14 by ElderGrizzly

Biggest takeaway from all this is we have secured a provider who has been able to provide a bespoke kit from year 1 of the deal. We have been asking for this for years and it's great that the club have listened. With sheeran on the shirt I'm fairly sure that we had the pick of any manufacturer we liked, the advertising he provides for the brand is mad.

I'm not a huge fan of umbro, but what it shows is that they are willing to be part of the clubs journey towards continuous improvement which I'm all for.

The rumour I've heard on pricing is £60 for an adult shirt. That could be very wide of the mark however. Not sure how comparative that is in today's prices. Think the ship has sailed on a £40 quid shirt these days though
Umbro confirmed on 11:20 - Jun 14 with 2603 viewswkj

Umbro confirmed on 11:12 - Jun 14 by greyhound

Biggest takeaway from all this is we have secured a provider who has been able to provide a bespoke kit from year 1 of the deal. We have been asking for this for years and it's great that the club have listened. With sheeran on the shirt I'm fairly sure that we had the pick of any manufacturer we liked, the advertising he provides for the brand is mad.

I'm not a huge fan of umbro, but what it shows is that they are willing to be part of the clubs journey towards continuous improvement which I'm all for.

The rumour I've heard on pricing is £60 for an adult shirt. That could be very wide of the mark however. Not sure how comparative that is in today's prices. Think the ship has sailed on a £40 quid shirt these days though

There has been a hunger for it. I don't really mind Umbro, they seem to have a decent catalogue - except for the Vier Jersey (which I hope I'm not tempting fate with here). Much better than what Hummel and Macron tend to produce.

Umbro confirmed on 11:20 - Jun 14 with 2588 viewsSTYG

Umbro confirmed on 10:51 - Jun 14 by wkj

Im really fond of the darker shade of blue if this is going to be a lighter navy blue.

Doesn't look anything like the stadium.

Looks like a repeating pattern incorporating escalating dots, which could look magnificent or rubbish depending on how it's arranged.

Can't see how it would relate to the stadium and think it'll be more along the lines of the feel of the 1991/92 shirt with the royal and navy tones by the look of this image.
Umbro confirmed on 11:23 - Jun 14 with 2533 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Umbro confirmed on 11:20 - Jun 14 by STYG

Doesn't look anything like the stadium.

Looks like a repeating pattern incorporating escalating dots, which could look magnificent or rubbish depending on how it's arranged.

Can't see how it would relate to the stadium and think it'll be more along the lines of the feel of the 1991/92 shirt with the royal and navy tones by the look of this image.

Think someone suggested it could incorporate the structure of the stands, which tbf, they hint in their teaser video.
Umbro confirmed on 11:27 - Jun 14 with 2472 viewswkj

Umbro confirmed on 11:23 - Jun 14 by abracaDOBRA_

Think someone suggested it could incorporate the structure of the stands, which tbf, they hint in their teaser video.

It would be cool if they do as you rarely see truly unique kit designs these days.

Umbro confirmed on 11:28 - Jun 14 with 2450 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Umbro confirmed on 11:27 - Jun 14 by wkj

It would be cool if they do as you rarely see truly unique kit designs these days.

The video says about showing bespoke eye catching design whilst showing clips of stadium
Umbro confirmed on 11:30 - Jun 14 with 2424 viewsgreyhound

Umbro confirmed on 11:27 - Jun 14 by wkj

Article on Eadt confirms bespoke design
Umbro confirmed on 11:33 - Jun 14 with 2398 viewsMisterBlue

Umbro confirmed on 11:12 - Jun 14 by greyhound

Pricing does vary. Looking at other Umbro teams, West Ham have been charging £60 for shirts over the last couple of years. While the likes of Burnley and Huddersfield have been under £50.
Umbro confirmed on 11:39 - Jun 14 with 2336 viewswkj

Umbro confirmed on 11:33 - Jun 14 by MisterBlue

Pricing does vary. Looking at other Umbro teams, West Ham have been charging £60 for shirts over the last couple of years. While the likes of Burnley and Huddersfield have been under £50.

Umbro's retro Shrewbury kit is £49.95, so on that logic I suspect £49.95 is a good guess.

Umbro confirmed on 11:43 - Jun 14 with 2299 viewsgreyhound

Umbro confirmed on 11:39 - Jun 14 by wkj

Umbro's retro Shrewbury kit is £49.95, so on that logic I suspect £49.95 is a good guess.

It's weird logic but that 10 pound difference would make the kit significantly more appealing. I really struggle to understand paying over £50 for a snazzy t shirt. I am however not of the "get the badge in" generation and would rather get a few plain t shirts from a super market than 1 with a giant logo on.

More excited by the bench wear. Decent half zip would be good
Umbro confirmed on 11:43 - Jun 14 with 2312 viewsGavTWTD

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Umbro confirmed on 11:45 - Jun 14 with 2266 viewswkj

Umbro confirmed on 11:43 - Jun 14 by greyhound

It's weird logic but that 10 pound difference would make the kit significantly more appealing. I really struggle to understand paying over £50 for a snazzy t shirt. I am however not of the "get the badge in" generation and would rather get a few plain t shirts from a super market than 1 with a giant logo on.

More excited by the bench wear. Decent half zip would be good

The benchware for shrewbury is utterly retro and I love it

The top image would be a horrific playing Jersey either.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 11:46]

Umbro confirmed on 11:45 - Jun 14 with 2269 viewsSTYG

Umbro confirmed on 11:43 - Jun 14 by GavTWTD

Fair enough. Good spot.

Looks as if they've used the overlapping of the supports from a certain perspective to create the bespoke pattern and then overlaid opposing coloured dots to within those spaces, as can just be seen to the left of the photo.

Will no doubt look rather pleasant. Hummel did something similar with Boro with a local landmark and a few others have used parts of the stadium roof, stand shapes and so on to do similar. Always look nice.
Umbro confirmed on 11:49 - Jun 14 with 2221 viewsFreoTown

The most exciting thing from my point of view is that both the West Ham and Hearts shirts are available in long sleeves! Really really hoping we have that option too!

ForeverTown

Umbro confirmed on 12:05 - Jun 14 with 2076 viewsMisterBlue

Umbro confirmed on 11:45 - Jun 14 by STYG

Fair enough. Good spot.

Looks as if they've used the overlapping of the supports from a certain perspective to create the bespoke pattern and then overlaid opposing coloured dots to within those spaces, as can just be seen to the left of the photo.

Will no doubt look rather pleasant. Hummel did something similar with Boro with a local landmark and a few others have used parts of the stadium roof, stand shapes and so on to do similar. Always look nice.

Posted thus before but the Werder Bremen 3rd kit from 20/21 incorporated an aerial shot of their stadium and surrounding area

https://www.umbro.co.uk/item/5377/WerderBremen/WERDER-BREMEN-2021-CITY-JERSEY-JU
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024