Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson today on Rwanda policy 08:39 - Jun 24 with 2852 viewsThisIsMyUsername

'A lot of prejudices about Rwanda need to be blown away... A creative attempt to solve a problem that affects countries around the world... to address something that is frankly evil... people taking people across the channel in unseaworthy vessels, and we've come up with a plan to fix it'.

The amount of contradictions and hypocrisy in this one statement is staggering.

Is this one of the benefits of Brexit?

The absolute state of the UK. You could cry.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 19:41 - Jun 24 with 678 viewsLord_Lucan

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 12:39 - Jun 24 by unbelievablue

That last sentence though...who are you telling the feck off? The gangsters running the operation, or the people trying to get here? It's not really fair to tell the people using this route to get here to feck off when, like you say, there aren't enough safe routes.

My comments may come across bad. We’ve known each other for years and you know I’m not a bad man - it just that the whole system is broken and it needs fixing.

There’s a lot of bad going on and it is causing resentment and stirring up hate.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 02:12 - Jun 25 with 616 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 10:13 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

Here's the thing.

Rwanda is a fantastic place and is sort of starting to be a hub for displaced people from all over the world. There are loads of opportunities and I believe our Indian brothers are flocking there.

Having said that. To be honest, I can't make my mind up about the whole situation, I'm struggling with it - but I have an open mind.

Here's a couple of things I am pretty sure of though. 1/ UK should do more to accept genuine asylum seekers, we should pull out all the stops to welcome all sorts to our shores and give them a better life. 2/ The boat blokes can feck off.

By the way - did you know that The EU pays millions upon millions of dollars to Turkey to secretly keep millions of refugees there and prevent them from coming to Europe? Why on earth otherwise do you think Turkey get's such an easy ride?

Fact is - until people can grow a set and have a sensible conversation about immigration we're all screwed baby.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 10:33]

Seems like people have been avoiding the conversation for a long time.

Forget all the Brexit stuff for a moment, it’s exactly not a new issue is it. There was an old show on BBC about 15 years ago called Border Force, it followed immigration officers around. UK Border Force had a good amount of officers posted in Calais. They would catch people on the lorries and turn them back to the French. The French just left them walk back to the camp until they’d try the next day, then the next day and the next, until they I guess, eventually made it or maybe they just suffered in the camp for months on end. At the time it was a lot of people from feeling from Afghanistan. When they were being interviewed they had been promised by the gangsters the life of Riley in the UK and had paid them fairly hefty fees.

Where was the policy or collaboration? If it’s been happening for this long would have thought two first world countries could have got together to try and break up evil people smuggling gangs, help those in and stop them risking their lives on a daily basis.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 2:24]
Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 08:14 - Jun 25 with 548 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 02:12 - Jun 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Seems like people have been avoiding the conversation for a long time.

Forget all the Brexit stuff for a moment, it’s exactly not a new issue is it. There was an old show on BBC about 15 years ago called Border Force, it followed immigration officers around. UK Border Force had a good amount of officers posted in Calais. They would catch people on the lorries and turn them back to the French. The French just left them walk back to the camp until they’d try the next day, then the next day and the next, until they I guess, eventually made it or maybe they just suffered in the camp for months on end. At the time it was a lot of people from feeling from Afghanistan. When they were being interviewed they had been promised by the gangsters the life of Riley in the UK and had paid them fairly hefty fees.

Where was the policy or collaboration? If it’s been happening for this long would have thought two first world countries could have got together to try and break up evil people smuggling gangs, help those in and stop them risking their lives on a daily basis.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 2:24]

Until countries move away from deterrence as a first approach then people trafficking will continue. Regradless of their motivation the people crossing the Channel are exactly that, people. The establishment of legal safe routes and improvements to the asylum process to turn decisions round faster would., IMO, do more to undermine the scumbags preying on people's misery than any threat to fly people half way across the world.

It is no surprise that two or more countries cannot cooperate to deal with the issue when there seems no political will in any of the individual countries to adopt a more humanitarian attitude.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 08:32 - Jun 25 with 539 viewsunbelievablue

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 19:41 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

My comments may come across bad. We’ve known each other for years and you know I’m not a bad man - it just that the whole system is broken and it needs fixing.

There’s a lot of bad going on and it is causing resentment and stirring up hate.

They don't come across badly at all, I was just interested - some people have no nuance (I think we both do!).

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 08:43 - Jun 25 with 530 viewsunbelievablue

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 08:32 - Jun 25 by unbelievablue

They don't come across badly at all, I was just interested - some people have no nuance (I think we both do!).

Also - the more time I spend on here (or at least the threads that are so divisive) the closer I get to a Callis style mental breakdown. It isn't good for my MH either.

I think the pub is calling today.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 13:16 - Jun 25 with 493 viewsLord_Lucan

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 08:43 - Jun 25 by unbelievablue

Also - the more time I spend on here (or at least the threads that are so divisive) the closer I get to a Callis style mental breakdown. It isn't good for my MH either.

I think the pub is calling today.

Must admit - although I don’t knowingly have any MH problems I am finding myself on here too much and for some reason I drink too much when I’m on here a lot.

Think I might reign it in, too busy to get dragged into the demon drink.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024