Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signings 18:13 - Jun 25 with 5723 viewsStu_boy

So based on km interview do we think bakinson will return or not? He grew on me after watching his debut at hilsboro where the only time i noticed him was when he lay on the floor at the end, if not bakinson would we look at a more ball playing cm? How many more do we think we'll sign maybe 2 more?
New signings on 23:06 - Jun 26 with 908 viewsPioneerBlue

New signings on 22:24 - Jun 26 by Beckets

I think you’ll find it’s 21 excluding goalkeepers.

I have edited, you are right but there does appear to be some contradiction between 21/22, 22/23 rules on several websites. Even EFL site rules are quoting 21/22 rules.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

New signings on 23:23 - Jun 26 with 894 viewsxrayspecs

New signings on 22:17 - Jun 26 by PioneerBlue

“League One clubs will be limited to a squad size of 21 (2022/23 season). Players aged under the age of 21 are exempt from these restrictions.” Rule 43.9.2 also allows GK to be excluded from the 21 player list.

So who currently makes the cut? I like all the players in the squad but…

28 players today, 25 excluding GKs,
3 under 20 by my count
25 has to come down to 21.

If McKenna is to add 2, it’s likely the 4 that don’t make the cut are in this group…

Burgess and Ndaba,
Harper, El Miz,
KVY,
Edwards,
Piggot,
[Post edited 26 Jun 2022 23:05]

EDITED - after FT post below.

I make it 21 senior pros excluding keepers.

Edmundson
Woolfenden
Donacien
Nbada
Burgess
Penney
Morsy
Evans
Ball
Harper
El Mizouni
Burns
Leigh
Edwards
Vincent Young
Chaplin
Aluko
Jackson
Ladapo
Piggott
Hughes

U21
Baggot
Armin
John Jules
Chirewa
Dobra
Humphreys

There are question marks over some of the senior pros (Penney, Piggott, Harper, El Miz) so we could see some of these being upgraded.

[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 7:52]
New signings on 05:01 - Jun 27 with 849 viewsfranz_tyson

New signings on 23:23 - Jun 26 by xrayspecs

Edmundson
Woolfenden
Donacien
Nbada
Burgess
Penney
Morsy
Evans
Ball
Harper
El Mizouni
Burns
Leigh
Edwards
Vincent Young
Chaplin
Aluko
Jackson
Ladapo
Piggott
Hughes

U21
Baggot
Armin
John Jules
Chirewa
Dobra
Humphreys

There are question marks over some of the senior pros (Penney, Piggott, Harper, El Miz) so we could see some of these being upgraded.

John-Jules not in the list. Hes 21, but not 21 till after Jan 1st - so he should be an under 21?
Tommy Hughes. 21 in Oct - think he's seen now as a senior? Last seasons age cut-off was Jan 1st.
New signings on 07:49 - Jun 27 with 765 viewsxrayspecs

New signings on 05:01 - Jun 27 by franz_tyson

John-Jules not in the list. Hes 21, but not 21 till after Jan 1st - so he should be an under 21?
Tommy Hughes. 21 in Oct - think he's seen now as a senior? Last seasons age cut-off was Jan 1st.

Yes, you are right on both counts. Have edited OP.
New signings on 08:38 - Jun 27 with 719 viewsPioneerBlue

Great we now have the correct maths based on EFL L1 rules.

Squad is at 21 and if McKenna wants 1-2, it’s probable (subjective) that 2 from this group doesn’t make the cut whether loaned or sold to make the space:

Burgess and Ndaba,
Harper, El Miz, Hughes,
KVY, Penny,
Edwards,
Piggot,
[Post edited 11 Jul 2022 22:55]

New signings on 08:46 - Jun 27 with 687 viewsBeckets

New signings on 08:38 - Jun 27 by PioneerBlue

Squad is at 21 and if McKenna wants 1-2, it’s probable (subjective) that 2 from this group doesn’t make the cut whether loaned or sold to make the space:

Burgess and Ndaba,
Harper, El Miz, Hughes,
KVY, Penny,
Edwards,
Piggot,

Presumably we’re in 1 in 1 out mode now. Of the players listed most have potential to improve. Pigott and Burgess are two who I would think we would take offers for either permanent or loan.
New signings on 08:58 - Jun 27 with 678 viewstractorshark

New signings on 08:46 - Jun 27 by Beckets

Presumably we’re in 1 in 1 out mode now. Of the players listed most have potential to improve. Pigott and Burgess are two who I would think we would take offers for either permanent or loan.

I don’t think Burgess will be allowed to go unless he wants to.
McKenna likes him, he’s left-footed and Ndaba is still very raw.
You have to look at it along the lines of what would you do if Woolfenden or Edmundsson break a leg in early September?
Your heart may say Ndaba but, right now, your head would be saying Burgess.
I think we’ll make more signings whatever the size of the squad is right now and try to ship out Pigott and El Miz/Harper. Simpson won’t be included whatever.
Then it’s a case of loaning fringe players to meet the restrictions.
New signings on 09:08 - Jun 27 with 641 viewsPioneerBlue

New signings on 08:46 - Jun 27 by Beckets

Agree 1 in 1 out. Not a bad place to be with the players signed in June. It’s a clearer picture, which players are under pressure, which might we help to get game time through the loan system, which might we look to sell.

Look at El Miz, we’ve now seen him start in first team as an ACM, fill in at DCM, and now he’s doing a job at RB, he hasn’t nailed a position but he is mr utility and is competing with KVY for RB/RWB cover, potentially Edwards in ACM cover and potentially Harper in DCM. How many years can KVY afford to not be a first choice, where does Edwards nail a starting position. How does Harper get enough minutes to progrsss.

Look at Ndaba, if he really steps up in pre season why keep him and Burgess.

Hughes, unlikely to make the cut but could win himself a longer deal and loan.

Lots happening there.

Login to get fewer ads

New signings on 09:23 - Jun 27 with 624 viewsxrayspecs

New signings on 08:38 - Jun 27 by PioneerBlue

Burgess and Ndaba,
Harper, El Miz, Hughes,
KVY, Penny,
Edwards,
Piggot,

I think that is about right.

KM likes El Miz (contracted until 2024) and I can see him as our fourth CM/utility player in the squad if we have space, else expect him to be sent out on loan.

If El Miz stays or we recruit another CM or Humphreys or Chirewa are part of the squad, then Harper (2024) will surely be loaned out again or potentially sold. I see him mainly as a central midfielder and is in competition with El Miz / Humphreys / Chirewa for the fourth CM spot.

Edwards (2024) was being converted into Burns understudy and I would imagine will be given time here to progress.

Burgess' (2024) lack of pace and comfort coming forward are an issue for me and he could find himself behind Nbada (2023), who looks like he could play the Donacien role on the left side, being left footed and happy coming forward. We also have Ball who can play at the back if needed.

Hughes is on a short term deal until December and has very limited first team experience. A contract extension and loan are not out of the question but I do not see him being in the first team squad this season.

I would expect one of KVY (2023) or Penney (2023) to move on this summer, or both if we add another left sided defender.

I would like us to add another forward, in which case Piggott (2024) would be the player who would lose out.

So if I was going to guess, I would say Harper, Hughes, KVY, Penney and Piggott will not be in our squad this season. We will add a forward and left sided defender. We will keep Burgess as cover. El Miz and Humphreys will stay with the squad, until Christmas at least and Chirewa will be loaned out if he signs his new contract.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 9:33]
New signings on 06:58 - Jul 16 with 401 viewsPioneerBlue

New signings on 23:23 - Jun 26 by xrayspecs

Edmundson
Woolfenden
Donacien
Nbada
Burgess
Penney
Morsy
Evans
Ball
Harper
El Mizouni
Burns
Leigh
Edwards
Vincent Young
Chaplin
Aluko
Jackson
Ladapo
Piggott
Hughes

U21
Baggot
Armin
John Jules
Chirewa
Dobra
Humphreys

Still 1 in 1 out, there will need to be loan or sale exits should there still be target positions for KMcK.

Updated list of qualifying senior pros excluding keepers.

GK excluded -
Walton, Vlad, Hayes

The 21 seniors over 21 -
Edmundson
Woolfenden
Donacien
Nbada
Burgess

Penney
Leigh
KVY
Burns