Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burgess done on the turn again 16:54 - Aug 6 with 1227 viewsDublinBlue84

He does it again and again, shoulder of man gets pass him and he brings the man down.

Fatal flaw for a defender. Looked like may have been last man from the angle on ifollow but cannot be sure as it was on diagonal.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 16:55]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Burgess done on the turn again on 17:05 - Aug 6 with 1138 viewsStokieBlue

He's not great, not even great as backup.

As soon as it's on the deck he's immediately in trouble.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Burgess done on the turn again on 17:08 - Aug 6 with 1092 viewsbelgablue

I've seen milk turn quicker.

He's great in the air though, except against Oxford last year

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Burgess done on the turn again on 17:12 - Aug 6 with 1041 viewsJDB23

Burgess done on the turn again on 17:05 - Aug 6 by StokieBlue

He's not great, not even great as backup.

As soon as it's on the deck he's immediately in trouble.

SB

We need to get shot of him I’m afraid, absolute liability when he comes into this team with the way we play. Problem is I can’t see anyone taking him off us for the money we paid and what he’s probably on.
Burgess done on the turn again on 17:14 - Aug 6 with 1016 viewsBigCommon

Thought he did well today, apart from that moment.. At 2-0 I was thinking how solid and calm we looked at the back.. He got away with the yellow though..
Burgess done on the turn again on 17:15 - Aug 6 with 1007 viewspointofblue

Burgess done on the turn again on 17:12 - Aug 6 by JDB23

We need to get shot of him I’m afraid, absolute liability when he comes into this team with the way we play. Problem is I can’t see anyone taking him off us for the money we paid and what he’s probably on.

He doesn’t fit with our style of play under McKenna. In hindsight I wonder whether we should have gone with Leigh at LCB, though presumably Davis wouldn’t have made 90 minutes so he would have had to come on at some point, unless we tried KVY at LWB.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Burgess done on the turn again on 17:16 - Aug 6 with 983 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

Burgess done on the turn again on 17:14 - Aug 6 by BigCommon

Thought he did well today, apart from that moment.. At 2-0 I was thinking how solid and calm we looked at the back.. He got away with the yellow though..

Ball was over hit and would've reaches Walton first so a red would've been harsh.
Yellow was correct for a stupid foul
Burgess done on the turn again on 18:10 - Aug 6 with 836 viewsBigCommon

Burgess done on the turn again on 17:16 - Aug 6 by Bury_St_Edmundson

Ball was over hit and would've reaches Walton first so a red would've been harsh.
Yellow was correct for a stupid foul

Thought he was one of our best performers today, tbf... He's not the most agile. But he stood firm and won countless headers, especially last 10 mins. And can't recall him giving away possession much. He had a good game imo.. Just that one foul. But I think their forward has been clever there, too. As you'd expect.
Burgess done on the turn again on 18:58 - Aug 6 with 690 viewsascott11

Burgess done on the turn again on 18:10 - Aug 6 by BigCommon

Thought he was one of our best performers today, tbf... He's not the most agile. But he stood firm and won countless headers, especially last 10 mins. And can't recall him giving away possession much. He had a good game imo.. Just that one foul. But I think their forward has been clever there, too. As you'd expect.

He did ok, and as you said he did win a lot of headers to relieve pressure late on. His flaw is trying to attack the ball and getting spun. Happened twice, once at the end where he pulled the lad down and got booked, and then also just before we scored. He went chasing the ball, which allowed Matt to spin in behind and it would have been 1-0 against better opposition. His Hollywood balls need cutting out too, they’re not the worst in the world, but he would be much better rolling it into Morsy instead of playing a 60yrd diagonal for Burns. It’s not a criticism as such, he’s just not a ball playing centre back which McKenna wants to deploy.
Login to get fewer ads

Burgess done on the turn again on 21:28 - Aug 6 with 558 viewscbower

He is what he is. A defender who relishes a physical battle, is half decent with the ball but vulnerable to any pace and guilty of getting too tight encouraging players to spin in behind him. Tries hard but is certainly back up right now. Baggot and Ndaba far greater potential in this system.

bluescouser

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024