Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A12 southbound 20:26 - Aug 8 with 868 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Dull subject but anyone know if there are still problems on the A12 southbound after evening games?

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

I assume that the.... on 20:30 - Aug 8 with 832 viewsBloots

....speed limit is still in place.

But I further assume that you are talking about the ridiculous diversions?

I don't know, but would like to.

Not sure I can be arsed driving through Manningtree again.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

A12 southbound on 20:33 - Aug 8 with 805 viewsVeggie

I don’t know but those meandering diversions through the ar$e end of nowhere in the pitch dark at that time of night with work/school tomorrow are painful to say the least.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 20:34]
A12 southbound on 20:37 - Aug 8 with 784 viewsBluemer

Overnight road closures until the 1st Sept I'm afraid
A12 southbound on 09:38 - Aug 9 with 585 viewsronnyd

Ai2 is a dog of a road at the best of times. The patchwork of bits and pieces, (no not Dave Clark) over the years are not fit for a major trunk road. Needs a totally new replacement. Sorry, rant over.
A12 southbound on 09:41 - Aug 9 with 567 viewsPinewoodblue

A12 southbound on 09:38 - Aug 9 by ronnyd

Ai2 is a dog of a road at the best of times. The patchwork of bits and pieces, (no not Dave Clark) over the years are not fit for a major trunk road. Needs a totally new replacement. Sorry, rant over.

Wait until they start adding a third lane between Chelmsford and Marks Tey.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

A12 southbound on 10:47 - Aug 9 with 519 viewsTrequartista

A12 southbound on 20:33 - Aug 8 by Veggie

I don’t know but those meandering diversions through the ar$e end of nowhere in the pitch dark at that time of night with work/school tomorrow are painful to say the least.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 20:34]

I enjoy those (now I know where they're going). For Northbound, wander up the old A12 to Hart's Lane, head for Dedham and hope they've opened the northbound carriageway at J30, while suckers follow the official diversion miles around.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

A12 southbound on 10:51 - Aug 9 with 506 viewsVeggie

A12 southbound on 10:47 - Aug 9 by Trequartista

I enjoy those (now I know where they're going). For Northbound, wander up the old A12 to Hart's Lane, head for Dedham and hope they've opened the northbound carriageway at J30, while suckers follow the official diversion miles around.

Yes I should probably look up where to go next time
In preparation! It seems like pot luck whether or not you actually follow the correct diversion sign. Then you come to a junction in the middle of nowhere with no sign. All good fun.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 10:51]
A12 southbound on 10:58 - Aug 9 with 492 viewsTrequartista

A12 southbound on 10:51 - Aug 9 by Veggie

Yes I should probably look up where to go next time
In preparation! It seems like pot luck whether or not you actually follow the correct diversion sign. Then you come to a junction in the middle of nowhere with no sign. All good fun.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 10:51]

With modern technology it seems crazy to me we still rely on those poxy yellow diversion signs, and when 2 diversions intersect, you have to rely on them remembering to put some little rhombus in the corner of one them.

They don't have the money to remove the speed limits when no-one is working. They put out some cobblers about the barrier being incomplete, but if they are saying the road is in effect single carriageway then the limit would still be 60.

The other week they closed from J27-J29 but couldn't be arsed to change the diversion through Manningtree, when you simply had to turn onto Ipswich Rd and rejoin at J29!

Sorry, i appear to have gone full-on map nerd here.

But yeah, always plan your route with google or somesuch.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

A12 southbound on 11:06 - Aug 9 with 479 viewsVeggie

A12 southbound on 10:58 - Aug 9 by Trequartista

With modern technology it seems crazy to me we still rely on those poxy yellow diversion signs, and when 2 diversions intersect, you have to rely on them remembering to put some little rhombus in the corner of one them.

They don't have the money to remove the speed limits when no-one is working. They put out some cobblers about the barrier being incomplete, but if they are saying the road is in effect single carriageway then the limit would still be 60.

The other week they closed from J27-J29 but couldn't be arsed to change the diversion through Manningtree, when you simply had to turn onto Ipswich Rd and rejoin at J29!

Sorry, i appear to have gone full-on map nerd here.

But yeah, always plan your route with google or somesuch.

This is the kind of occasion where I always wish I still had one of the dog eared, coffee stained, tatty old GB Road atlases in my car. Sometimes satnav is of no use whatsoever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024