Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simpson Deal surprisingly protracted 09:53 - Aug 26 with 1610 viewsmarkchips

Is it me or what is the hold up ? An unproven kid who has barely played for our first team, fee agreed and just personal terms to be tied up.

Just stinks to me that his personal representatives are the root of all evil here, because any other deal would be done by now, not dragging on for months. High expectations and not necessarily based on any real sustainable for.

Beginning to side with Ashton on this one.
Simpson Deal surprisingly protracted on 10:15 - Aug 26 with 1467 viewsWickets

Does tend to suggest that but in all honesty we just don't know !
Simpson Deal surprisingly protracted on 10:30 - Aug 26 with 1390 viewsPhilTWTD

From what I was told the deal between the clubs wasn't as agreed as suggested elsewhere. Was getting close, as per my report. Think the fee itself was broadly agreed a few weeks ago, think it's the terms on which that will be paid, that sort of thing which was still to be sorted.
Simpson Deal surprisingly protracted on 10:45 - Aug 26 with 1269 viewsbobbyramsey

“think it's the terms on which that will be paid, that sort of thing which was still to be sorted.”

Seems strange that all concerned can’t get together around a table and hammer out a deal in an afternoon….. can’t be that f@cking complex?

I s’pose it makes them all feel super important though, which of course is the main thing……
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 10:48]
Simpson Deal surprisingly protracted on 10:51 - Aug 26 with 1231 viewscressi

Simpson Deal surprisingly protracted on 10:45 - Aug 26 by bobbyramsey

“think it's the terms on which that will be paid, that sort of thing which was still to be sorted.”

Seems strange that all concerned can’t get together around a table and hammer out a deal in an afternoon….. can’t be that f@cking complex?

I s’pose it makes them all feel super important though, which of course is the main thing……
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 10:48]

Maybe he has a better offer 💰
Simpson Deal surprisingly protracted on 11:27 - Aug 26 with 1086 viewsIllinoisblue

That kid needs a new agent

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Simpson Deal surprisingly protracted on 11:43 - Aug 26 with 1028 viewsBluefields

Simpson Deal surprisingly protracted on 11:27 - Aug 26 by Illinoisblue

Why do you think that?
Simpson Deal surprisingly protracted on 11:59 - Aug 26 with 983 viewsIllinoisblue

Simpson Deal surprisingly protracted on 11:43 - Aug 26 by Bluefields

Why do you think that?

This is where I reply with he hasn’t kicked a ball in 8 months and others might respond with well he’s getting a (for him) relatively big money move to the Championship.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Simpson Deal surprisingly protracted on 12:37 - Aug 26 with 873 viewsMattinLondon

Simpson Deal surprisingly protracted on 11:27 - Aug 26 by Illinoisblue

I don’t know who is to blame for this situation- but on paper at least, it doesn’t reflect well on the agents ability to look after the interest of the player.
Login to get fewer ads

Simpson Deal surprisingly protracted on 12:49 - Aug 26 with 807 viewsSharkey

Simpson Deal surprisingly protracted on 10:30 - Aug 26 by PhilTWTD

From what I was told the deal between the clubs wasn't as agreed as suggested elsewhere. Was getting close, as per my report. Think the fee itself was broadly agreed a few weeks ago, think it's the terms on which that will be paid, that sort of thing which was still to be sorted.

I wonder if transfers these days EVER happen in a straightforward way, in the lower leagues at least.

*How much do you want for him?"
"400 grand"
"How about 300?"
"Let's say 350."
"OK, that works. Here's the 350."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024