Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Change in formation? 19:29 - Sep 13 with 916 viewsITFCLuke

First time I've noticed that just 2 centre half's are warming up together.. just Wolf and Burgess and no Donacien.. wonder if that is an actual change in formation for us tonight to a back 4 rather than the more flexible 4/3 we have been playing?
Change in formation? on 19:30 - Sep 13 with 903 viewsGlasgowBlue

We have been playing with a flat back 4 since the end of last season.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Change in formation? on 19:32 - Sep 13 with 879 viewsITFCLuke

Change in formation? on 19:30 - Sep 13 by GlasgowBlue

Not from what I've seen, it's flexible for sure but it's a back 3/5 off the ball when defending and goes into a back 4 to release Burns
Change in formation? on 19:36 - Sep 13 with 845 viewsSamWhiteUK

Change in formation? on 19:30 - Sep 13 by GlasgowBlue

Eh? Not in the games I've watched we haven't?
Change in formation? on 19:39 - Sep 13 with 834 viewsPhilTWTD

McKenna: We've Four Good Centre-Halves Competing For Two Positions 12th Sep 2022 16:42
Town boss Kieran McKenna has explained why George Edmundson was left out of the 18 which won 2-0 at Accrington Stanley in the Blues’ last game and also how he views his backline at present. 7

Change in formation? on 20:44 - Sep 14 with 609 viewsITFCLuke

Change in formation? on 19:39 - Sep 13 by PhilTWTD

McKenna: We've Four Good Centre-Halves Competing For Two Positions 12th Sep 2022 16:42
Town boss Kieran McKenna has explained why George Edmundson was left out of the 18 which won 2-0 at Accrington Stanley in the Blues’ last game and also how he views his backline at present. 7

Would that not just be due to Donacien essentially nailing down the right of the 3 due to his tactical flexibility as CB/RB rather than playing a traditional flat 4. I guess it could just be interpreted as a more solid RB allows for a more forward thinking LB. We for sure have warmed up in a back 3 for every game except last night at home that I've noticed.
Change in formation? on 21:21 - Sep 14 with 532 viewsxrayspecs

McKenna has said many times now that we do not play a formation.

Depending on the opposition, he asks players to operate in specific parts of the pitch. So, quite fluid and modern.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024