Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Injuries - overall situation? 08:39 - Nov 28 with 939 viewsBobbychase

Would be good to see one of the EADT boys or the club or TWTD go through the injuries and return dates in one article. From what I can glean from individual stories it's:

Evans - back "christmas time"
Aluko - same as Evans
Harness - club initially said February but he seemed to think it might be earlier than that
Camara - find out today or tomorrow
Leigh - same
Ball - out for the season
TJJ - months rather than weeks but will come back to us in the New Year

Relying a lot on Burns, Chaplin, Edwards, Ladapo, Ahadme and Jackson in December to create and score the goals.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Injuries - overall situation? on 09:11 - Nov 28 with 852 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Seems about right. My concern is central midfield. It's asking a lot of Humphries and if we lose Morsy we will have to play a defender or a forward player in there. I wonder what the recall terms are for El Miz and Harper.
Injuries - overall situation? on 09:29 - Nov 28 with 811 viewsWestcountryblue

Injuries - overall situation? on 09:11 - Nov 28 by C_Jam_Blue

Seems about right. My concern is central midfield. It's asking a lot of Humphries and if we lose Morsy we will have to play a defender or a forward player in there. I wonder what the recall terms are for El Miz and Harper.

If the option is there, we have to recall them.
Even with Camera 'fit', he seems miles off at the moment in terms of match fitness. We simply cannot afford to carry those question marks into the make or break festive period.
Obviously with the likes of El Miz, it may stall his development, but there is no reason as to why he shouldn't challenge here, as he is at the top of his game currently.
Thanks for post. Camara a strange one! We bought an injured player. on 09:49 - Nov 28 with 779 viewsunstableblue

We knew he was injured. And the same injury means he hasn’t featured for us in the league!

Odd

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Thanks for post. Camara a strange one! We bought an injured player. on 10:13 - Nov 28 with 749 viewsGuthrum

Thanks for post. Camara a strange one! We bought an injured player. on 09:49 - Nov 28 by unstableblue

We knew he was injured. And the same injury means he hasn’t featured for us in the league!

Odd

I don't think it's as strange as all that. We acted to secure the services of a good player with a view to having him as a reinforcement for at least the second half of the season. More forward planning than perhaps we have been used to at ITFC.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Thanks for post. Camara a strange one! We bought an injured player. on 10:25 - Nov 28 with 713 viewsBobbychase

Thanks for post. Camara a strange one! We bought an injured player. on 10:13 - Nov 28 by Guthrum

I don't think it's as strange as all that. We acted to secure the services of a good player with a view to having him as a reinforcement for at least the second half of the season. More forward planning than perhaps we have been used to at ITFC.

I think he's been bought as someone who could excel in League One AND the Championship. Club will strengthen in the summer if we go up, but would want players in the building - Morsy, Chaplin, Evans etc - who can do it in the division above.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Injuries - overall situation? on 10:28 - Nov 28 with 714 viewsPhilTWTD

I think the stories below cover as things are known at present, I asked about a few of them to find out more accurately on Friday after a similar thread last week. I think with the likes of Evans and Aluko there's not really any hard and fast return date, depends on how they get on once they're back on the grass.

Obviously, Leigh and Camara's situations are more uncertain with the former needing a scan and the latter a review. Think we'll learn more at Thursday's press conference. Same with Harness. Club were hoping for late January ane hopefully that may well be the case with the op seemingly having gone well, but again we'll probably learn more on Thursday.

John-Jules Out For Up to Four Months But Aluko and Evans Closing in On Returns 25th Nov 2022 15:45
Town boss Kieran McKenna says striker Tyreece John-Jules is currently back at his parent club Arsenal having undergone hamstring surgery and is expected to be out for three-to-four months, but better news is that Sone Aluko and Lee Evans are closing in on returns. 7

Ladapo and Donacien Set to Miss Buxton But Chaplin and Davis OK and Ahadme Could Make Full Debut 25th Nov 2022 15:32
Freddie Ladapo and Janoi Donacien are both set to miss Sunday’s FA Cup tie at home to National League North Buxton but Conor Chaplin and Lief Davis are back in training and striker Gassan Ahadme could be in for his first start for the Blues. 4

McKenna: There's a Feeling of Relief It's Not Worse 25th Nov 2022 14:46
Boss Kieran McKenna says there’s a feeling of relief that Marcus Harness’s knee injury isn’t as bad as had been initially feared, while the Blues manager was annoyed that news regarding the 26-year-old’s surgery initially appeared in the Portsmouth local media. 5

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024