Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football VHS 14:51 - Dec 16 with 1130 viewsclive_baker

How good were they? There was something exciting about getting that video from the box. Anyone got any favorites? One that sticks in my mind is Danny Baker's fabulous world of freak Football. I must've watched that 50 times.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Football VHS on 15:29 - Dec 16 with 1070 viewsiamipswich

Road to Europe

Poll: Who will return first?

Football VHS on 15:35 - Dec 16 with 1059 viewsRonFearonsHair

The first one I owned was Race for the Championship 1988/89. I kept getting season reviews and World Cup/Euros reviews. Then all the Danny Baker ones. I ended up with piles and piles of them altogether. When eBay first launched I would buy season reviews of random clubs for £1 a time. I always wanted to digitise them all but never got round to it and then started having children so didn't have the space any more.
Football VHS on 19:28 - Dec 16 with 963 viewsibbleobble

101 great goals. That or the ‘78 cup final.
Football VHS on 19:35 - Dec 16 with 955 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I still have the fa Cup final and what I think is a highlight package from the 92 season bur may just be an Ipswich greatest hits on VHS. Haven't watched either since I was 11

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Football VHS on 19:40 - Dec 16 with 943 viewsDubtractor

I had a video called 'The Worlds Greatest Goals 2", which I recently found on youtube. Basically has a 10 minute section on each of about 12 different countries with goals from them.

Some of the goals are a stretch to call the world's greatest, but the music, and the selection of goal frames from around the world, are amazing. Watched this so many times that I could probably still match the music to each country on the video.

Gah, not sure why the youtube link won't work?

[Post edited 16 Dec 2022 19:43]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Football VHS on 20:24 - Dec 16 with 899 viewssticklegs

Used to enjoy 101 Great Goals.
I also have a home video of all the goals/highlights from the late 80s , that I used to record from Look East and About Anglia on a Mondsy evening. . It's up in the loft somewhere. One day I might get it digitized....
Football VHS on 20:28 - Dec 16 with 891 viewsDubtractor

Also, the ITFC Division 2 winning video for 91/92 was awesome.

Any of us that had it, still recognise the killer 'duh duh duh, du du du, duh du du du, Duh du du' tune.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Football VHS on 21:11 - Dec 16 with 869 viewsflettonblue

Football VHS on 20:28 - Dec 16 by Dubtractor

Any of us that had it, still recognise the killer 'duh duh duh, du du du, duh du du du, Duh du du' tune.

I d second that, still remember one of the commentators of an away game on that video unable to say kiwomya and saying kimowya instead (maybe Bristol rovers away at bath?)

That video music would be an awesome ringtone
Login to get fewer ads

Football VHS on 21:13 - Dec 16 with 863 viewsDubtractor

Football VHS on 21:11 - Dec 16 by flettonblue

I d second that, still remember one of the commentators of an away game on that video unable to say kiwomya and saying kimowya instead (maybe Bristol rovers away at bath?)

That video music would be an awesome ringtone

To this day, me and a mate still refer to him as Chris Kimowya, because of that commentator.

Football VHS on 21:19 - Dec 16 with 850 viewsChurchman

Football VHS on 20:28 - Dec 16 by Dubtractor

I’ve got that one! Epic! I’ve also the BBC video of the history of Ipswich Town. It was made about 1992/3 because there is footage of the Leeds 4-2 game.

Of the recorded stuff, Mrs C recorded the Liverpool away cup game and the Norwich 2-0 away match and I think they’re still about somewhere. Cup Final - I have the DVD for that.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2022 21:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024