Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away support 09:46 - Dec 30 with 1866 viewssuffolkpuncher

Sat in the south stand last night due to not being able to get a ticket in the away end and I have to say, the away support was very disappointing. I couldn’t hear very much throughout the game despite being sat close by. Games like last night we needed to suck the ball in but the noise never happened. 1600 Is a great turnout but I think we could have played our part a little more.
Away support on 11:05 - Dec 30 with 1665 viewsWestSussexBlue

Fair enough, I wasn’t there because I couldn’t get a ticket. I have never and never will sit in with the opposition to see Town play. To say we could have played our part more whilst sat in with the Home fans is slightly odd though.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 11:06]
We have a problem with support in general this season on 11:24 - Dec 30 with 1575 viewsunstableblue

Some away games it has been good, and indeed McKenna praised the fans last night

But at home it’s simply not good enough, with the central section of the lower North being the primary issue.

Town fans seem nervous, and don’t seem to have belief/faith in the team. Despite a fantastic first half of the season.

Fans have to improve, we have to become the 12th man. Support can make a difference to promotion. It’s as simple as that.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Away support on 12:00 - Dec 30 with 1416 viewssuffolkpuncher

Away support on 11:05 - Dec 30 by WestSussexBlue

Fair enough, I wasn’t there because I couldn’t get a ticket. I have never and never will sit in with the opposition to see Town play. To say we could have played our part more whilst sat in with the Home fans is slightly odd though.

It works in rugby
Away support on 12:52 - Dec 30 with 1298 viewsstonojnr

Away support on 11:05 - Dec 30 by WestSussexBlue

done it a few times at games where away tickets were in short supply, one time we actually were in a section adjacent to the town fans, so spent most of the game being abused by them for not supporting the home team properly :D

doesnt bother me, but Ive never understood the current obsession about the amount of noise fans make anyway, let people support the team in their own ways. if youve travelled 160miles (320 roundtrip) midweek between Christmas and New Year just to watch a game you could see on ifollow, you deserve the right to watch the game in total silence if you want.
We have a problem with support in general this season on 13:10 - Dec 30 with 1256 viewsITFC_Forever

We have a problem with support in general this season on 11:24 - Dec 30 by unstableblue

Some away games it has been good, and indeed McKenna praised the fans last night

But at home it’s simply not good enough, with the central section of the lower North being the primary issue.

Town fans seem nervous, and don’t seem to have belief/faith in the team. Despite a fantastic first half of the season.

Fans have to improve, we have to become the 12th man. Support can make a difference to promotion. It’s as simple as that.

Town fans seem nervous?

Hardly a surprise given the demise in the last twenty years. Now we’re vaguely competent, it’s a big shift mindset not to fear the worse every time the opposition get the ball.
And when you see some of our defending, it’s no wonder.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Away support on 13:17 - Dec 30 with 1217 viewsIllinoisblue

Couldn’t hear Town fans much at all on iFollow. Although Pompey were loudest when they were booing their own players

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Away support on 15:00 - Dec 30 with 1037 viewslongtimefan

Away support was pretty good from my experience last night. What did you think of the home support? From the away end it sounded silent other than for the goals and just after them, apart from the groaning near the end when they realised their team wasn’t really making any effort to try and win the game. Maybe the acoustics aren’t good.
Away support on 15:33 - Dec 30 with 930 viewsDinDjarin

Away support on 15:00 - Dec 30 by longtimefan

Away support was pretty good from my experience last night. What did you think of the home support? From the away end it sounded silent other than for the goals and just after them, apart from the groaning near the end when they realised their team wasn’t really making any effort to try and win the game. Maybe the acoustics aren’t good.

Support was decent enough last night although am still traumatized by the hairy arse pointing at me from the home section.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024