Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mobile phone - 85p per month 15:35 - Dec 30 with 1685 viewsHARRY10

yep

unlimited calls/texts, 5GB data, no contract

https://www.lycamobile.co.uk/ucustomer/mse-2/?dtt_reqid=8573311

other deals here, time some folk looked at what they are getting for what they are paying

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheap-mobile-finder/?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter
Mobile phone - 85p per month on 15:44 - Dec 30 with 1638 viewsRyorry

Thanks for the info, but from the MSE site it looks like lyca use the 02 network which is poor round here; and doesn't do wifi calling. Also cost goes up to £5.90 after first 6 months.

Might suit some tho.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 15:45]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mobile phone - 85p per month on 16:03 - Dec 30 with 1577 viewsTrequartista

what does the "30 days" mean?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Mobile phone - 85p per month on 16:07 - Dec 30 with 1557 viewshomer_123

Mobile phone - 85p per month on 15:44 - Dec 30 by Ryorry

Thanks for the info, but from the MSE site it looks like lyca use the 02 network which is poor round here; and doesn't do wifi calling. Also cost goes up to £5.90 after first 6 months.

Might suit some tho.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 15:45]

O2 certainly does WiFi calling.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Mobile phone - 85p per month on 16:09 - Dec 30 with 1545 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Mobile phone - 85p per month on 16:03 - Dec 30 by Trequartista

what does the "30 days" mean?

That it is a rolling 30 day contract which can be cancelled at any time, unlike say a 12 month sim only contract, or a 24 month handset contract.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Mobile phone - 85p per month on 16:22 - Dec 30 with 1506 viewsTrequartista

Mobile phone - 85p per month on 16:09 - Dec 30 by SlippinJimmyJuan

That it is a rolling 30 day contract which can be cancelled at any time, unlike say a 12 month sim only contract, or a 24 month handset contract.

Thank you (and thank you also HARRY10). I am quite old and don't really understand some of these things. So in other words, I wouldn't need to worry about that.

If I want to keep the same number, do they send me a new sim card or do i keep my current one, and if the former, how long should this take and do i need to cancel my current provider as i don't want a gap in between where i don't have a phone? (Maybe I should call Lyca with these questions but they might be standard things that are answerable here)
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 16:23]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Mobile phone - 85p per month on 17:33 - Dec 30 with 1389 viewsRyorry

Mobile phone - 85p per month on 16:07 - Dec 30 by homer_123

O2 certainly does WiFi calling.

Says on the lyca bumph that lyca don't though.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mobile phone - 85p per month on 17:54 - Dec 30 with 1355 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Mobile phone - 85p per month on 16:22 - Dec 30 by Trequartista

Thank you (and thank you also HARRY10). I am quite old and don't really understand some of these things. So in other words, I wouldn't need to worry about that.

If I want to keep the same number, do they send me a new sim card or do i keep my current one, and if the former, how long should this take and do i need to cancel my current provider as i don't want a gap in between where i don't have a phone? (Maybe I should call Lyca with these questions but they might be standard things that are answerable here)

No worries at all, they deliberately make it confusing!

So to keep your own number, you would need to call your current provider and give your 30 days notice to cancel, making sure to ask for a PAC code so that you can transfer your number to a new provider. They may try to sell you on their own package, but you are within your legal rights to receive this code. It may take a few days. Once you have your PAC code, contact Lyca about porting your number over to them. However, I would probably contact Lyca first to make sure that A) they can port a number over to their network (some didn't used to be able to, but may have changed now and B) that this deal will still be available for you to have enough time to transfer over.

Sounds complicated but is quite easy most of the time :)

Mobile phone - 85p per month on 18:56 - Dec 30 with 1306 viewsse20blue

Mobile phone - 85p per month on 16:22 - Dec 30 by Trequartista

Just read item number 5 under PAYG- need to knows in the link below
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mobiles/best-pay-as-you-go-sim-cards/
Login to get fewer ads

Mobile phone - 85p per month on 19:03 - Dec 30 with 1267 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Mobile phone - 85p per month on 18:56 - Dec 30 by se20blue

Just read item number 5 under PAYG- need to knows in the link below
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mobiles/best-pay-as-you-go-sim-cards/

That's good advice, I had no idea you could just text for it!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024