Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any squad players that started tonight deserve to start on Sat? 21:50 - Feb 7 with 1105 viewsZondervansTash

For those that were there this evening, who stood out? Anyone deserving of a place in the starting 11 or have players like Aluko and Leigh justified a place in the 18 for example? Sounds like we played well!
Any squad players that started tonight deserve to start on Sat? on 22:58 - Feb 7 with 907 viewsSaleAway

Aluko was awesome. Don't think anyone had a poor game. Was a good performance. Leigh looked solid.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Any squad players that started tonight deserve to start on Sat? on 23:01 - Feb 7 with 888 viewsbournemouthblue

Any squad players that started tonight deserve to start on Sat? on 22:58 - Feb 7 by SaleAway

Aluko was awesome. Don't think anyone had a poor game. Was a good performance. Leigh looked solid.

Leigh is always going to be solid I suspect but Davis offers more in attack

A very able deputy but probably needs a winter ahead of him who can occupy the defender?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Any squad players that started tonight deserve to start on Sat? on 07:26 - Feb 8 with 695 viewsGlasgowBlue

Aluko, Jackson, Leigh, Humphreys, Woolfie

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Any squad players that started tonight deserve to start on Sat? on 08:06 - Feb 8 with 617 viewsSaleAway

Any squad players that started tonight deserve to start on Sat? on 23:01 - Feb 7 by bournemouthblue

Leigh is always going to be solid I suspect but Davis offers more in attack

A very able deputy but probably needs a winter ahead of him who can occupy the defender?

The question here I guess is does Davis offer more in attack than Leigh does in defence. I'd be starting Davis, but with Leigh on the bench to provide defensive cover if we need it in the back end of a game. There were a couple of instances last night, where Leigh's decision making in defence was spot on. He often looked like he was going to be isolated 2-1, but would stand off until he had support. ON those occasions that he had cover, he pressed well. There was also a ball into the back post from a free kick, where he took charge, and headed clear, that was the sort of thing that Davis has been caught out on this season.

On the subject of decision making, fridge really needs to stop diving in. He commits himself too early, and often in advanced positions where there is no need. Would be very surprised to see him start saturday.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Any squad players that started tonight deserve to start on Sat? on 09:13 - Feb 8 with 539 viewsZondervansTash

Any squad players that started tonight deserve to start on Sat? on 07:26 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

Aluko, Jackson, Leigh, Humphreys, Woolfie

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wolf start in place of Keogh and Jackson start in place of Burns especially if he is carrying a knock. Maybe the same for Humphrey’s and Evans for the same reason. I’ve heard Aluko was excellent last night but doubt he’d get the nod to start over Chaplin but possibly Broadhead who didn’t impress much on Sat. He’d be good coming on for the last 30 for a tired Aluko. Leigh definitely deserves a place on the bench. Difficult decisions for McKenna to make.
Any squad players that started tonight deserve to start on Sat? on 09:15 - Feb 8 with 532 viewsCityBlue

Sheff Wed offer a very physical opponent so this may be the deciding factor in choices. Keogh may get the shout ahead of one of the younger CBs and with Evans possibly sidelined I would not be surprised if Luongo starts alongside Morsy to 1. help neutralize their center play and 2. get some game time ahead of Morsy's suspension.

I T I D

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024