Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What next for Luke Chambers? 18:46 - May 23 with 6193 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

After 791 league appearances, our former skipper finds himself without a club. At 37 he is obviously nearing the end of his playing career but this interview from a month ago suggests he still has plenty of desire.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/65372271.amp

In terms of all-time appearances, he currently sits 7th just behind his contemporary Dean Lewington who is on 794. 39 year old Lewington has been retained by MK ahead of their League 2 campaign, so where do we think Chambo will end up? I should imagine he would quite like to hit the 800 mark, but I do wonder how far he is willing to relocate in order to pursue it.

Hopefully an appealing opportunity will reveal itself to him. You don't get that kind of longevity without being thoroughly professional, so I salute him and wish him well for the future.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

What next for Luke Chambers? on 03:46 - May 25 with 1101 viewsacj

What next for Luke Chambers? on 01:10 - May 25 by NeedhamChris

I wouldn't want my "friend" posting details of the road I was viewing a house in just to try and score cheap points on the internet. It's a bit embarrassing.

Who needs enemies, eh?

Whatever life holds next for Chambo I’m sure all town fans wish him well. Top professional & one hell of a career, whether he carries on for another year or not.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

What next for Luke Chambers? on 05:20 - May 25 with 1071 viewsyesjohn99

What next for Luke Chambers? (n/t) on 22:59 - May 24 by lizzibee

[Post edited 25 May 2023 8:49]

Nothing like a bit of privacy.
What next for Luke Chambers? on 08:29 - May 25 with 942 viewsitfcjoe

What next for Luke Chambers? on 22:54 - May 24 by lizzibee

I beg ot differ but I'm sure you overheard why conversation so all good. Feel free to call him and ask him if I was with him earlier and had this chat

I don't really feel the need to, as I said it is the most likely outcome - but if there was a need to formally retire and send in retirement papers like in US sport, they wouldn't be going in as yet.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What next for Luke Chambers? on 10:18 - May 25 with 768 viewsSharkey

Certainly a few weeks ago he said in an interview that he hoped to play on, if not at Colchester then elsewhere. And he was clear that a part of the incentive was to keep climbing that 'most league appearances' table.

He might have changed his mind of course. It doesn't help that there are so few League 2 clubs anywhere handy. (Colchester have lost Orient, Northampton and Stevenage as opponents next season, and will surely be among the top two or three clubs with furthest to travel next year.)

As for Colchester fans' reaction to the cull, I think there was generally some surprise about LC, and some sadness about Freddy Sears, who is very well liked. (He won the 'Community action' player-of-the-year award, the only award not heaped on Tchamadeu.)

But the chairman is making positive noises about a top six budget, and the club does seem to have more ambitious targets. But just like at Town, it's probably not worth speculating, because nothing will happen for a month, and then whoever arrives will no doubt be a complete surprise.

p.s. I don't think it's entirely beyond the realms of possibility that one or two of these players might turn out again for the club, but on greatly reduced contracts. It could be that the club has said 'go and have a look what's out there, do what's best for you, but stay in touch'. I must admit, I have no precedent to offer here, but I think Judge in particular may not have played his last game for the club.
[Post edited 25 May 2023 11:19]
What next for Luke Chambers? on 10:57 - May 25 with 667 viewsJammyDodgerrr

What next for Luke Chambers? on 19:17 - May 23 by SitfcB

Colchester fans seemed surprised he was going when it was first announced.

Think it was a surprise, he played basically every game and managed to effectively displace Eastman who has been at the heart of their defense for a long, long time. Certainly seemed to still be offering enough for at least a one year extension.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024