Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hirst is he coming here or not 20:50 - Jun 16 with 2545 viewsBobsthename

I do hope we get him but it looks like we have other irons in the fire going by press and the rumour mill maybe we will get a couple of strikers in.
Hirst is he coming here or not on 21:14 - Jun 16 with 2444 viewsStewart27

I’d like to think so. For what it’s worth I reckon we’re trying to get Hirst and Simms.

Think we’ll need both.
Hirst is he coming here or not on 00:32 - Jun 17 with 2145 viewsArnoldMoorhen

If I was a Leicester CEO type I would be looking to sell players up to the Prem or out to Europe, but not to competitors in the Championship.

And if I had no alternative, I would only do that as late in the Transfer Window as possible to maximise disruption to them.

Whilst they will need to move on their very best players, to maximise income and minimise the wage bill, Hirst doesn't fall into that category. So he is more likely to be one of those who is on the "let the new manager decide if they want them" list.

Finally, positive reports from McKenna, after he has worked with Hirst for 6 months, should carry some weight. If we have expressed interest in signing him then the Leicester board have a 24 carat reference that Hirst is ready to lead a Championship attack.

Put all that together and I would say it is more likely that he won't come to us, or if he does it may well be after the season has started. If he comes in the next week or two then either Leicester are in even worse financial straits than believed, and/or are in panic mode and making rash decisions.
Hirst is he coming here or not on 06:03 - Jun 17 with 2014 viewsPioneerBlue

Hirst is he coming here or not on 00:32 - Jun 17 by ArnoldMoorhen

If I was a Leicester CEO type I would be looking to sell players up to the Prem or out to Europe, but not to competitors in the Championship.

And if I had no alternative, I would only do that as late in the Transfer Window as possible to maximise disruption to them.

Whilst they will need to move on their very best players, to maximise income and minimise the wage bill, Hirst doesn't fall into that category. So he is more likely to be one of those who is on the "let the new manager decide if they want them" list.

Finally, positive reports from McKenna, after he has worked with Hirst for 6 months, should carry some weight. If we have expressed interest in signing him then the Leicester board have a 24 carat reference that Hirst is ready to lead a Championship attack.

Put all that together and I would say it is more likely that he won't come to us, or if he does it may well be after the season has started. If he comes in the next week or two then either Leicester are in even worse financial straits than believed, and/or are in panic mode and making rash decisions.

I agree with all that. I can think of only one other way out and that’s if the player requests to leave. That is obviously an act of financial self harm. I don’t see this resolving soon, unless your other points about fire sales of any asset becomes true.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Hirst is he coming here or not on 11:15 - Jun 17 with 1597 viewsBobsthename

All the talk of having an option to buy at the end of the loan turned out to be BS some people love posting crap hey.
Hirst is he coming here or not on 11:57 - Jun 17 with 1536 viewsDarth_Koont

Hope so. He fits into the side so well that the continuity/familiarity alone should make him a key target.

But on the flip side, we’re also now in the market for loanees or even permanent signings who wouldn’t have dropped down to League One to get game time. If nothing can be done with Hirst then I think we’ll see 1 or 2 very good (and potentially even better) alternatives.

Pronouns: He/Him

Hirst is he coming here or not on 14:49 - Jun 17 with 1337 viewsronnyd

I'm sure that Ashton and McKenna know what they're doing.
Hirst is he coming here or not on 15:08 - Jun 17 with 1289 viewsJ2BLUE

Quite possibly.

Equally possible they think £2m (or whatever the fee would be) for him and in the transfer budget is good business. Didn't do much at Blackburn and Championship clubs not throwing quite as much money around so might be a case of sell to us now or risk having to loan him out again later in the window.

It's relatively small change compared to their other assets but £2m fee and £500k off the wage bill might be a nice easy win for them as they rebuild.

I would also imagine we're not currently seen as top 2 rivals by clubs like Leicester and they won't view selling to us in the same way they would view selling to Leeds/Southampton.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hirst is he coming here or not on 15:08 - Jun 17 with 1284 viewsPimsNumber1

Hirst is he coming here or not on 11:15 - Jun 17 by Bobsthename

All the talk of having an option to buy at the end of the loan turned out to be BS some people love posting crap hey.

Blackburn had an option to buy ..and he wasn't good enough in their opinion to get on the pitch ..he then came to us on loan as well .Why wouldn't we have had a right to buy also ?
The thing is we have improved the guy for Leicester so without a buy clause we have shot ourselves in tge foot slightly if we think he's good enough for the championship
[Post edited 17 Jun 2023 15:12]
Login to get fewer ads

Hirst is he coming here or not on 15:41 - Jun 17 with 1185 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yes, he’s coming here or not. You can have that for def info. If I had any mates, I’d have heard it from one of them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024