Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Silver 17:18 - Jun 20 with 1679 viewsITFCson

Its a long shot but anyone in the market for physical Silver? I have a 5 kilo bar looking to sell.

Bullion by post will give me £2900 for it, yet they sell it for £4000 for a bar....that is some mark up
Silver on 17:32 - Jun 20 with 1622 viewsJ2BLUE

They are offering you spot price. There is a disconnect between the spot price and the physical price in smaller bars/rounds/coins but you'll probably struggle to get much more than spot for a bar that big.

Worth remembering as well that their real sale price is £3333.33 as one sixth will be VAT

FWIW, I'm not telling you you take the price. Just posting for info.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2023 17:35]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Silver on 17:45 - Jun 20 with 1568 viewsHARRY10

Currently £585.82 a kilo -

x 5 = £2929
Silver on 18:33 - Jun 20 with 1503 viewsITFCson

Silver on 17:32 - Jun 20 by J2BLUE

They are offering you spot price. There is a disconnect between the spot price and the physical price in smaller bars/rounds/coins but you'll probably struggle to get much more than spot for a bar that big.

Worth remembering as well that their real sale price is £3333.33 as one sixth will be VAT

Yeah good point mate, was not really factoring in the VAT
Silver on 18:34 - Jun 20 with 1504 viewsITFCson

Silver on 17:45 - Jun 20 by HARRY10

Currently £585.82 a kilo -

x 5 = £2929

Yes but I think you'd struggle to buy an actual bar for that price
Silver on 18:37 - Jun 20 with 1484 viewsRyorry

Silver on 17:32 - Jun 20 by J2BLUE

Remember you posting about gold & silver a few years ago.

I bought a bit of each, sold the gold for same price, kept the silver in various bits, always felt like a good investment because of its value in medical etc. usage.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Silver on 18:41 - Jun 20 with 1464 viewsHARRY10

Silver on 18:34 - Jun 20 by ITFCson

Yes but I think you'd struggle to buy an actual bar for that price

Without VAT it is selling slightly below that, but unless a private sale you will always be lumbered with that extra 20%
Silver on 18:50 - Jun 20 with 1437 viewsJ2BLUE

Silver on 18:37 - Jun 20 by Ryorry

Remember you posting about gold & silver a few years ago.

I bought a bit of each, sold the gold for same price, kept the silver in various bits, always felt like a good investment because of its value in medical etc. usage.

That was about 10-15 years ago

I still have silver I bought for £9.50 per ounce VAT free from Guernsey. Gold recently reached an all time high with inflation (which obviously makes the gain irrelevant in terms of purchasing power).

I'm just regretting not listening to my mate who told me palladium would be the next big thing when it was about £350 per ounce. Now £1123

Truly impaired.

Silver on 18:58 - Jun 20 with 1414 viewsHARRY10

Silver on 18:50 - Jun 20 by J2BLUE

I still have silver I bought for £9.50 per ounce VAT free from Guernsey. Gold recently reached an all time high with inflation (which obviously makes the gain irrelevant in terms of purchasing power).

I'm just regretting not listening to my mate who told me palladium would be the next big thing when it was about £350 per ounce. Now £1123

That Guernsey, or London Palladium ?
Login to get fewer ads

Silver on 19:01 - Jun 20 with 1395 viewsRyorry

Silver on 18:50 - Jun 20 by J2BLUE

Bloodyell, time eh, we must have been enjoying ourselves ...

Never heard of Palladium (apart from the London one).

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Silver on 19:03 - Jun 20 with 1387 viewsJ2BLUE

Silver on 18:58 - Jun 20 by HARRY10

That Guernsey, or London Palladium ?

Sorry, how sure what you mean? That's the current spot price of Palladium.

The Guernsey thing was due to some sort of 'loophole' where under a certain amount (something like £17) you didn't need to pay VAT. So I would get coins delivered each in individual envelopes. I'm sure the postman loved me.

That 'loophole' has now closed as far as I know.

Truly impaired.

Silver on 19:25 - Jun 20 with 1357 viewsWeWereZombies

No, but it does give me an excuse to post this glorious nugget:

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Silver on 19:29 - Jun 20 with 1340 viewsHARRY10

Silver on 19:03 - Jun 20 by J2BLUE

Sorry, how sure what you mean? That's the current spot price of Palladium.

The Guernsey thing was due to some sort of 'loophole' where under a certain amount (something like £17) you didn't need to pay VAT. So I would get coins delivered each in individual envelopes. I'm sure the postman loved me.

That 'loophole' has now closed as far as I know.

https://www.londontheatre.co.uk/theatres/london-palladium
Silver on 19:31 - Jun 20 with 1328 viewsJ2BLUE

Silver on 19:29 - Jun 20 by HARRY10

https://www.londontheatre.co.uk/theatres/london-palladium

Ahhhh. Cheers.

Truly impaired.

Silver on 20:00 - Jun 20 with 1262 viewsWeWereZombies

Silver on 19:31 - Jun 20 by J2BLUE

Ahhhh. Cheers.

There's more...

''Palladium is named after the asteroid Pallas, in turn named after the Greek goddess of wisdom, Pallas.'

https://www.rsc.org/periodic-table/element/46/palladium#:~:text=Palladium%20is%2

'Palladium is chemically like platinum, a substance studied by William Hyde Wollaston at his laboratory just off Fitzroy Square. He discovered palladium in residue from his platinum experiments. Many elements have been discovered in odd residues leftover when work was supposedly finished.

Wollaston did not trumpet his discovery but put palladium on sale under the name 'new silver' at a Mr and Mrs Forster's shop at 26 Gerrard Street and offered a huge £20 prize to anyone who could assemble it from other elements in front of witnesses. No one was able to claim the prize and Wollaston unmasked himself as the discoverer of palladium in 1805.'

https://londonist.com/2015/04/which-elements-were-discovered-in-london

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024